Trailer No. 2 with Lucius

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

a.p.k.

Re: Trailer No. 2 with Lucius

Post by a.p.k. » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:01 am

Bellatrixie wrote:
LESLEY wrote:
What happened to Lucius? I didn't get it... :-|
SPOILER:

When Bellatrix screams "Fight! Fight! ... ", he gets carried away by the crowd of Death Eaters, they push him down and walk all over him, then you see him lying on the ground.

Sorry for my bad English, I don't know how to describe it. :oops:

:shock: Oh. I totally missed that bit. I didn't know he was in that part at all. :shock:

I only even saw him in the bit with "Draco! Come here!" or whatever that was.
Gotta get new glasses, yeah? LOL

a.p.k.

Post by a.p.k. » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:01 am

I dunno.

I saw a long blond head going along with the crowd. Maybe there was another bit that you're talking about?

????

Am so confused.

Bellatrixie

Post by Bellatrixie » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:13 am

a.p.k. wrote:I dunno.

I saw a long blond head going along with the crowd.
It's because there's another Death Eater with long blond hair in the crowd, a woman. You can see her at 5:32.

I think it's him yelling "No, No, Nooo ... " in that scene.

laurielove
Location: Probably somewhere in a ruggedly fandabydozy part of England

Post by laurielove » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:45 am

Bellatrixie wrote:
a.p.k. wrote:I dunno.

I saw a long blond head going along with the crowd.
It's because there's another Death Eater with long blond hair in the crowd, a woman. You can see her at 5:32.

I think it's him yelling "No, No, Nooo ... " in that scene.
Yes, I'm sure it's him yelling. And it is him ... in the midst, err, against the flow, shall we say, as you see him very clearly standing in front of them just before.

Not that it has to be all bad ... :uhoh

I do actually mean that. I think the purpose of filming something like that simply shows his impotence and indecisiveness at that point and, quite literally, being swept along in something he no longer really wishes or is able to be a part of.

I remain optimistic for the survival of all the Malfoys. Seriously, if the film makers kill off major characters who don't die in the books, they are going to have some serious fan venom hurled at them. There is a limit to how much you can diverge from the original. Tweaking a plot line a little to make it work better on screen is not the same as completely changing the plot arc of significant characters whose survival (or otherwise) is vital to the whole premise of the conclusion.

belladisordine

Post by belladisordine » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:02 am

That scene absolutely broke my heart. You hear him calling for Narcissa and then the panic in his voice when he says "Nooo"... I literally started crying.

Lisabella

Post by Lisabella » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:17 am

Spoilers

I fear that I saw him lying on the ground in some scenes showed on a TV- show. (But I'm not really sure) Voldemort and Harry were fighting and in the background there were lying a few bodies, one of them with long blonde hair und I guess it was the clothing he was wearing in the other scenes too. I hope I'm wrong but I fear I'm not.
It'll break my heart to see Lucius dying. :D Even though I'm quite used to see Jason's characters pass away in most of his movies :D

Watched also the SnitchSeekers scenes on youtube. The crowd is not so big as he could have been killed by falling to the ground... Would be an unspectecular ending for him. But I cannot believe that the scenes is going to be his final one.
Last edited by Lisabella on Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lisabella

Post by Lisabella » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:41 am

I hope so too! Otherwise my best friend won't be able to stop me from crying on wednesday when we're at the cinema :D I think I'll take an extra large box of wine gum and chocolate with me. Just in case he's really going to die...

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:53 am

Didn't Jason say in an interview the the last word from Lucius was HELP.

You can take it from there. It's obvious.

inamac

Post by inamac » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:10 am

I have a terrible feeling that I will be unable to prevent a cry of anguish echoing round the cinema if anything bad happens to Lucius.

I will have to take the book along to reassure me.

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:26 am

I'm hoping the last time we see him he's making a call from a payphone in a trailer park in Albuquerque but I'm not holding my breath. :-(

belladisordine

Post by belladisordine » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:34 am

Yeasterday, Tom Felton did an interview that was tweeted by Leaky, and it was said that:
The Malfoy family had several endings filmed, example: one that didn't make it into film was Lucius being trampled by Death Eaters
So the good news is we probably won't be subjected to that particular scene, the bad news? It still doesn't mean the ending is going to be a happy one.

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:01 pm

I'm really anxious to know how it's going to end...but I'm worried that it might not end well for our favorite wizard. He doesn't die in the books, so why would they change the character's outcome?

~me

belladisordine

Post by belladisordine » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:04 pm

Angel, I agree with you 1000000%, but in this instance, I do believe it was Jason's idea on how to end Lucius' bit in the movies. *bites nails*

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:46 pm

T minus 4 days and counting, to see what happens to Lucius. :uhoh

laurielove
Location: Probably somewhere in a ruggedly fandabydozy part of England

Post by laurielove » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:30 pm

If he dies I'll eat my hat and anything else that happens to be to hand.

Alright, we don't know, and I may be wrong, but I will be gobsmacked and lose a helluva lot of faith in a lot of people if they kill him off.

The survival (and glimmer of exonerating hope) of the Malfoys is so important to the overall HP theme of love, and familial love at that. And that goes for all the Malfoys. It would be a great, great shame and a mistake if they killed him off. Enough people die - we don't need anymore. I think Lucius has suffered enough too. He really has. I think that is his punishment - death is too convenient.

Also, I don't think Jason would have taken his daughter to the premiere if she was going to have to sit through daddy dying on screen. Seriously. He's been wary enough of letting his girls see the films as it is.

Obviously, I don't know. I hate not knowing, but I am STILL (*she said desperately trying to convince herself*) confident that he'll survive.

Return to “All Things Harry Potter”