Jason Attending Opening of HP Exhibition in Belgium

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Re: Jason Attending Opening of HP Exhibition in Belgium

Post by Helen8 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:00 pm

So, we've got the numbers!!!

crawfoc99

Post by crawfoc99 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:36 pm

Let's hope that both Lizzie and Maria are able to get a pic and a chat with Jason. Hoping for some good news tomorrow for them both.

Fingers and toes crossed.

Hooroo,
Carole

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:50 am

Picture from today:

http://twitpic.com/5inw9d

Clearly they have run out of paper in Belgium..? :lol

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:08 pm

Unless she is planning to allow her arm to shrivel up and decay from not washing it, more power to her! :shock:

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:32 pm

Wish it had been my arm. :stirrer *conjuringJItoCC*

~ML :orangface :woot

crawfoc99

Post by crawfoc99 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:04 pm

Lovely pic of Jason in Antwerp. Many thanks, Thunder.

No word as yet from either Lizzie or Maria. Fingers crossed for them.

Hooroo,
Carole

inamac

Post by inamac » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:11 pm

Lovely pic.

Ah, the things Jason will do for his fans.

And the things his fans will do...

belladisordine

Post by belladisordine » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:24 pm

Not sure if this is her plan or not, but when a friend of mine met Michael Jackson, they got his autograph in sharpie across their shoulder blades, then went to a tattoo parlor and had the artist trace the autograph for something a bit more permanent.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:54 pm

Ewww! Felt-tip-pen ink embedded under the skin. Gross! :spew2

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:54 pm

Short video of JI writing autographs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHozhSo0ywQ

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:02 pm

Thanks, thunder. He and Evanna were both very accommodating.

I'm so glad she was picked to play Luna. She is absolutely perfect in the role.

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:23 pm

another pic from twitter:

http://yfrog.com/h80eajj

also mentioned by Evanna (Luna)
Evanna Lynch
Evy_Lynch Evanna Lynch
by jasonisaacsftw
Dedicating a tweet to what an awesome, funny, kind person Jason Isaacs is :) Such a pleasure doing interviews with the lovely Lucius!

crawfoc99

Post by crawfoc99 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:28 pm

Excellent pics and video of yesterday's event. Nothing as yet from Maria on JIF.

In the meantime, Here is the transcript of the lovely Lizzie's attendance at the opening of the HP Exhibition in Antwerp that Jason attended yesterday.

"Thanks to the mail send to me by one of my English friends and the good grace of my colleague, I took two hours off today to head into Antwerp City right after work. Jason Isaacs and Evanna Lynch were coming over to open an exclusive exhibition of unprecedented behind-the-scenes pictures of all the previous films. As it is the last movie that will be released on 13 of July, I reckoned this would be the only opportunity I’d get to see Jason Isaacs live, safe from flying all the way to the US or by hopping over to the UK. Both seem bad options since Mr Isaacs isn’t as popular here as he is in the aforementioned countries.

"During the night, I did wonder whether or not they were already in the country or not. If they were, they probably ‘enjoyed’ the lights and music of a rather horrible thunderstorm that swept over the country last night. It did rob me of most of my sleep but I was still determined to go to the train station where the celebrities would be arriving. Unfortunately, a lot of messages now started to confuse me. Some spoke of 16:30 and others of 15:00 and 15:45 but as I finished work at 14:00, I had made it to the station at 14:20 which gave me the time to explore the quite big building. One of my colleagues who comes in by train every morning had already told me that there was a huge banner with the three on it and a section closed off with black curtains in the central hall. I headed off to the hall but was rather disappointed about the amount of space they had provided the people who’d like to have a wee look at the celebrities. There weren’t many people at the time though so I thought myself lucky and stood waiting… until a WB representative informed a few people next to me that there would be an opportunity for autographs and pictures outside.

"Obviously I headed outside and found myself a nice spot behind a group of girls. The lines were never bigger than two or three people so I thought it was a rather modest amount of people. Some of them were obvious Evanna fans as they were dressed as Luna Lovegood or had her name written on their arms. One boy had ‘I see Thestrals’ written on his face and others had the Deathly Hallows drawn on their arms. Funnily enough, several people were wearing Griffyndor scarves while Lucius is Slytherin and Luna is Ravenclaw. But I digress.

"At 15:49, a couple of big, black Mercedes cars with tinted windows came rolling up the square and the screams from the people nearest announced the arrival of the actors. It was absolutely wonderful to see Mr Isaacs in real life, hear his voice and most wonderfully, see his mesmerizing eyes. I took loads of pictures but didn’t manage to get my photograph signed. What’s more important to me was that everything I had already read about him is absolutely true. He was extremely kind to a girl who had been there since 8.00 am (yes, AM!) and had started to become almost hysterical by the mere sight of them and urged her to calm down a little so she could take a good picture. He’s almost always smiling or laughing and uses his hands and arms a lot as he talks. I took some pictures of Miss Lynch too of course and managed to get a few shots of them both during the interview and the press photo shoot that followed.

"Then they went inside to open the exhibition. Unfortunately, the speakers were turned towards the international guests and the VIP people so almost nobody beyond the perimeter could hear a word of what was being said, which I think is sad. Of course, such a big hall as the central hall of a train station doesn’t have the best acoustic features needed for such occasions. Soon they disappeared through a door again and by the screams of some girls, my gaze was directed upwards to a high balcony over which they passed to get to a press room. The amount of flashes that went off in there reminded me of last night’s thunderstorm. I did pity the people in there and their eyes.

"Quite a number of people had started to vanish as it was still almost an hour until the exhibition would open for the public. What did I care about seeing it today? I work in the city so I can still visit it some other day or even every day until the release of the movie. My waiting on a little bench got rewarded when Jason Isaacs appeared again and he was on the phone. Using all of the zooming skills of my camera, I took as many pictures as I could and caught a few very familiar facial expressions. Once or twice, he gave me the impression that he was looking at me which is completely daft of course but somehow made me feel guilty, as if I was eavesdropping into his conversation. He did some more interviews and photo shoots and when he started heading down again, I made my way quickly outside in the hope to take a few more pictures or get my autograph after all. Unfortunately, he just dashed past everyone saying that he really had to be off though he did sign one more book for someone. I did know he had to be on his way soon as they were expected about an hour or an hour and a half’s drive from Antwerp for a life tv show. I reckon they did get the chance to eat first and freshen up a little but that probably left them with a tight schedule.

"One thing I’ve noticed since this afternoon and saw during the talk show they were on during the evening: Jason Isaacs has been chewing gum since this afternoon and was still doing it on the tv show.

"Even though I didn’t manage to get his attention, autograph or a chance to talk to him, I did get to see him in the flesh. So I can now add him to the list of famous people I’ve seen within five meters of myself featuring HM the Queen and Kyle Warren, Red Hot Chili Pepper. It’s been a great experience and I hope to get another chance before either he or myself meet our sticky end."

Lizzie will send me some pics (she took over 100 of them) and I'll post them here for everyone to have a squizz!

Hooroo,
Carole

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:48 pm

Carole - please thank her for the lovely read!! I'm glad she had fun but such a shame she could not get an autograph (although I'm glad she is not the person who got their arm signed!)

Cheers,
Marie

crawfoc99

Post by crawfoc99 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:34 am

Marie wrote:Carole - please thank her for the lovely read!! I'm glad she had fun but such a shame she could not get an autograph (although I'm glad she is not the person who got their arm signed!)
Cheers,
Marie
I will be sure to give Lizzie your thanks.

Until she sends me some pics to post, here are some from Snitchseeker.

http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-potte ... 9-a-82388/

Enjoy.

Hooroo,
Carole

Return to “All Things Harry Potter”