Redemption?

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

belladisordine

Redemption?

Post by belladisordine » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:58 pm

Perhaps this is just the product of wishful thinking, but Xfinity released a "sneak peek" on Deathly Hallows Part 2, and it *almost* looks like Lucius inside of Hogwarts Castle standing with Harry and casting a patronus or something. The image goes by quickly with a flash of white light so I can't be sure, but I figured I'd share with you lovely ladies and get your thoughts.

Could it be Lucius? Does he deserve redemption? I think he does....

Go to http://www.facebook.com/xfinity then click on WALL {left hand side}. It should be one of the first links there. Its :42 into the clip. Not sure if this link will take you there directly or not: http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/movies/Har ... -HD/videos

EDIT: I uploaded a screenshot here: http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y76/oc ... enshot.png

Angel Tavington

Re: Redemption?

Post by Angel Tavington » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:38 pm

EDIT: I uploaded a screenshot here: http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y76/oc ... enshot.png
Thank you, it's easier for us to view...the image is a bit blurry , can't tell if it's him, but it definitely looks like him (I see the long black rob and the blonde wig).

~me

Bellatrixie

Post by Bellatrixie » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:24 pm

I wish it was him, but it's Aberforth Dumbledore. :-(
It was mentioned in some fan reports about the test screenings of HP 7.2 that Aberforth casts a huge patronus and this must be that particular scene.

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:08 pm

Couldn't pull up the picture. Says it was "removed or deleted"
Thanks anyway.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:34 pm

That was fast. :roll:

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:32 pm

Now I've got it. You figure.

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:30 am

The link in the quote in Angel's post doesn't work; the original link in Bella's post works.

I'll defer to anyone with better vision and the consensus.

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:58 pm

I wish it was him, but it's Aberforth Dumbledore.
I swear I thought it was Lucius... :???:
well, haven't read the books so I don't know what happens in that scene.

~me

belladisordine

Post by belladisordine » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:15 pm

If memory serves, that particular scene isn't in the books. Aberforth is mentioned as showing up, and heading into battle, but there is never a place where he does anything specifically mentioned.

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:03 pm

Aberfoth, Aberforth... please don't shoot me but I had to take a look at the Harry Potter Wiki to find out who he was. I have a serious problem with my memory.

~me

laurielove
Location: Probably somewhere in a ruggedly fandabydozy part of England

Post by laurielove » Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:09 am

Angel Tavington wrote:Aberfoth, Aberforth... please don't shoot me but I had to take a look at the Harry Potter Wiki to find out who he was. I have a serious problem with my memory.

~me
Don't worry, Angel - I wouldn't have a clue what role he plays either. I read it avidly once when it first came out and I've read Lucius' bits a few times :oops: (which takes all of two minutes :-( ) but the rest of the details (especially someone like Aberforth) are lost on me. You are not alone. I vaguely remember him being Albus' brother - the name helps. ;-)

a.p.k.

Post by a.p.k. » Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:52 am

belladisordine wrote:If memory serves, that particular scene isn't in the books. Aberforth is mentioned as showing up, and heading into battle, but there is never a place where he does anything specifically mentioned.

I haven't watched the clip (doesn't want to load here) but (pardon the HP geekiness) Aberforth does produce a patronus, when the "trio" have set off an alarm just by appearing in town, dementors flock, and Harry responds by conjuring his patronus; and when DeathEaters understandably come running, Aberforth covers for Harry by conjuring his own patronus, calling the DeathEaters a few choice names (because Aberforth is a crotchety ol' git and can get away with it) and sending them packing.

:furthermore

So he does do that. But it may not be in the way it's portrayed in the movie.

Hmm. Gotta try that link again.

belladisordine

Post by belladisordine » Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:35 pm

Aberforth does produce a patronus, when the "trio" have set off an alarm just by appearing in town, dementors flock, and Harry responds by conjuring his patronus; and when DeathEaters understandably come running, Aberforth covers for Harry by conjuring his own patronus, calling the DeathEaters a few choice names (because Aberforth is a crotchety ol' git and can get away with it) and sending them packing.
I remember that portion, but this looks as though its taking place inside the castle itself so who knows. Guess we'll just have to wait {19 days] to see!

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:43 pm

19 days....!!! It's getting closer, can't wait =)

~me

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:22 am

I don't think it's Lucius, that wouldn't make any sense...

But I've been wrong before

Return to “All Things Harry Potter”