New J.K. Rowling interview: 2 deaths for book 7!

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

New J.K. Rowling interview: 2 deaths for book 7!

Post by Hilary the Touched » Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:33 pm

http://www.lse.co.uk/ShowbizNews.asp?Co ... ter_deaths

Tuesday, 27th June 2006, 12:30
LIFE STYLE EXTRA (UK) - JK Rowling will kill off two characters in the final Harry Potter book.

The author of the bestselling series, which follows the adventures of boy wizard Harry, revealed the shocking finale during an interview on British TV yesterday (26.06.06).

She told chat show hosts Richard Madeley and Judy Finnigan on their self-titled show: "The final chapter is hidden away, although it's now changed very slightly.

"One character got a reprieve, but I have to say two die that I didn't intend to die."

The mum-of-three wouldn't reveal the victims' identities for fear of reprisals, saying: "I'm not going to commit myself, because I don't want the hate mail or anything else."

However, Rowling, 40, did make it clear that when she has finished the seventh novel that will be end of Harry's adventures once and for all.

She explained: "I've never been tempted to kill him, Harry, off before the end of book seven, because I always planned seven books and that's where I want to go.

"I can completely understand, however, the mentality of an author who thinks, 'Well, I'm going to kill them off because that means there can be no non-author-written sequels ... so it will end with me, and after I'm dead and gone they won't be able to bring back the character'."

So far, the Harry Potter series has sold over 300 million copies worldwide.

Return to “All Things Harry Potter”