Less of a vent...

Clamber on up and let fly!

Moderators: thunder, catloveyes, Helen8, kjshd05, Marie, Gillian, Chari910, fruitbat, LadyLucius

Funkay

Post by Funkay » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:42 pm

Thanks guys! Next year will be better. It'll be almost impossible to put any of this out of my mind forever, which I don't deem a bad thing. It's been a rough day, but life goes on even though the air feels a little sour. It'll clear up.

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:20 pm

My apologies for missing your post, Funkay. Seems I'm experiencing a bug whereby once I log out, all posts are marked as read, even if I haven't actually viewed them.

I'll have to check that out.

Although I'm of two minds about the death penalty, I'm greatly relieved this whole tragic experience has come to an end. I imagine though, that this will stay with you for a long time to come, because although sentencing has been passed, it will not bring back the people you lost.

Again, my deepest condolences - and prayers - that you never have to experience ANYTHING like this EVER again.

*Hugs*

Cissa

Post by Cissa » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:54 pm

Hiya Funkay!

So sorry I've missed this post (I'm starting to sound like Gillian). Holy Crow, what a year for you, darlin'!! It sure seems like there is a fair bit of this kind of thing going around, lately and I'm so sorry to hear of your getting all caught up in it, emotionally. Don't worry, it sounds as if the worst of it is over, now. Before you know it, one day, you'll wake up and it won't be the first thing you think about anymore. Trust me on this. :hug And you certainly came to the right place to reflect, I've only been a Lost Girl since September, and already I'm comfy enough to vent all the ridiculous crap that happens in my neck of the north woods!

I hope this will not sound too awful, but these things make us who we are. Soon you'll realize that all the crap that happens is just as important to you as a person as the good stuff. I saw this movie no too long ago, about this guy who wants more than anything to be a great orator. So he goes to school, and his professor says, "you are a very powerful speaker! Now, do yourself a favor; go and earn a perspective!" The guy enlisted to fight in Veitnam and in short, earned himself a perspective! It was a true story and this guy consequently went on to make a difference in the lives of thousands of Americans, all because he went out and lived his life. A difficult as it is at times, earning your perspective is a very sacred thing, and it sounds as though you are well on your way to channeling your experiences into your work with ROCWheels.

Of course, this doesn't make things any easier for you right now, so I'll just join everyone in saying, all my best for the New Year, darlin'! :hug