Sex And The City

Clamber on up and let fly!

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

grannybear

Sex And The City

Post by grannybear » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:29 pm

Went with a couple of girlfriends to see the movie last friday. Early show, small theatre. About 20 of us ladies, no men. We had a blast. Laughed, clapped and talked to each other like old friends.

MY RANT.......All these years we ladies have tagged along with our male friends to see every War, Western and Gangster movie ever made. Why just once can't they go to see a movie we want and not make fun of us and our choices. From now on a 50/50 split. Except they don't make that many Womens movies. BAH!

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:38 am

It's no better at home. My parents have been married almost fifty years now and dad is still king of the remote. Every weekend mom has to endure every western, war and action flick ever made. The only time she gets to watch what she wants is after dad's gone to bed or if he's having a nap in the afternoon.

You'd think after all this time he would've learned a little give and take, but no ....!!

It's one of her biggest complaints.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:40 am

I'm always surprised when men don't go to "chick flix." DH has always had the hots for Charlotte and Samantha on S in the C, so it's win–win.

Your mom might consider a second TV. You could make it a Girl Power thang, Gillian, by buying one for her __________ [birthday, anniversary, just because day], nothing too big or too expensive.

Surprisingly, I control the remote, but we've always had 2 TVs, so DH could always watch sports whenever.

DhaniGrrrrl

Post by DhaniGrrrrl » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:14 pm

Heheheh, when I was still with my ex, I too had total control of the remote, but then again, just about everything I chose to watch, he liked too...

If I'm ever in another relationship (NOT), he'd better give me total control of the remote, or out he goes, lol...

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:21 pm

Went Tuesday to see SATC2. I agree with the critics it was a dumb movie and yes the girls are showing their age but then aren't we all?
But you know what? I enjoyed every minute of it. I've followed the girls from season 1, episode 1 and it's like watching old friends.
After all the junk that passes for movies these days it was fun to sit back and had a few laughs regardless of how silly it was.

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:06 pm

I'm glad you enjoyed it, Grannybear--and good for you for being assertive and taking the initiative. It's far better to enjoy yourself with your girlfriends than wait for a man to notice and then miss out all the time!

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:24 pm

Believe me Hilary, at my age most men want a nursemaid around while they talk about their late wives. Who needs it? Phooey!

Return to “The Bitch Box”