Where did all my crap go?

Clamber on up and let fly!

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

whisperwood

Where did all my crap go?

Post by whisperwood » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:49 pm

I have a lot of issues. I'll say that at the start so you'll know that yes, I am quite crazy/neurotic. Lots of anxiety issues.
-----

I am not having a good day. I'm trying to sort out things so I could take my drivers test. My permit expires July 24th. I couldn't gt a test until August 8th. But of course I couldn't make an appointment because the permit expires before then. So I have to renew it BEFORE I can schedule a test.

I realized my Photo State ID had expired 3 months ago. So i got that renewed online today at least. I'll get sent some ticket to go get a photo taken. That'll arrive in 7-10 days. Crap on waiting so long. Shouldn't have done that online. If I didn't need any identification for renewal, I could have gone in person! Done the ID and permit in person at the same time. But I didn't know if I needed my Social security card for that. I guess not since I could send in forms by mail and renew online.

I shouldn't have renewed my Photo ID if i'm trying to get my License. But what if i need ID before I pass? Sigh.

Now here is the real problem... I was all upset about Identification because of the fact... I CAN'T FIND MY SOCIAL SECURITY CARD. I can't believe its missing. I've always been very careful with it. I can't believe its missing. I'm totally freaking out. So I have to get that replaced. You need photo ID for that (expired, can't use it!). And it all takes time for that to process and arrive.

I'm running out of time. I'm feeling the crunch. I need a License so I can drive. Then get a job and get money and pay on these student loans that will kick in soon. But then.. i'll have car and insurance payments to make. How will I be able to afford that? Librarians don't make much. Guess i'll need two jobs. Fuck Fuck Fuck.

So my PA ID is expired. I could use a school ID. Well guess what? I couldn't find that either. I'm thinking... wtf? What is going on here? Where did all my shit go!?

So I've spent hours online searching for info about what required documents i need to show my identity and US citizenships. I suddenly remembered my Passport has been missing for years too. How do I lose all this important stuff? I'm a mess. So I thought, ok. Look up that too. I don't even know if my passport is valid anymore. I don't really remember when it was issued either. Sigh.

I hope a miracle happens and some stuff suddenly appears because to replace all these things I have to drive all over. Oh wait, I have to get someone to drive me all over. Then I have to admit I'm a mess. Yay!

wolfsaver

Post by wolfsaver » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:13 pm

It really seems like problems happen in clusters sometimes. We've all had periods like this, and it can be overwhelming. I'm fully convinced that my house occasionally consumes things that I KNOW I've put in a certain place, and then spits them out when I find these things right where they were supposed to be. Just focus on one problem at a time and things will work themselves out. I wish we could help more than just symphathize, but as least we're here to listen. Take care.

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:55 pm

Well put, wolfsaver.

I can't add much more than that, Andrea, except to echo wolfsaver's advice about focusing on one problem at a time. They'll seem much more manageable that way and you won't get overwhelmed to the point of catatonia.

Hope things work out for you soon.

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:47 pm

When you get your important documents replaced (or actually before) go to Walmart (or something similar like Office Depot if you hate Walmart) and get a small fire proof locking box. Then lock your important papers in the box and put them in a closet or cabinet. You will know where all your important papers are stored and in case of a fire those documents will be recovered. The boxes are not that expensive - $25-45. It's worth every penny. We keep SS cards, passports, wills, and insurance papers in ours.

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:27 pm

Thanks for the advice on the fireproof box. I have all my hurricaine papers in a folder but I'll buy a box and transfer to there. Can grab it fast on my way out the door.

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:58 am

All I can offer you, Andrea, is to calm down. try to organize your thoughts to where you can focus on where you last saw your SS card. (You don't carry it around with you, do you?)
Then, try to get all your most important papers together, and place them in a safe place until you can get you a fire-proof lockbox.
See what you need to do to get a new one, and go to the office, even though you have an expired license. They'll have to accept it, seeing as how you're in a bind. Take your birth certificate with you, and every other form of i.d. you can use for this. They have to accept something in place of what you don't have on you. Maybe somebody at a City Office where you live can assist you.
That's all I can think of. Best of luck. ~M'L :hug :cool:

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:50 am

Don't you just hate it when you put something somewhere and go to get it, and it isn't where you thought it is. You go just about bonkers looking for it to the point of hysteria.
WHERE ARE MY LENS CLOTHS? :bang ~M'L :cool:

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:11 am

I'm really disorganized and damn lazy to be organized LOL!, but I absolutely hate when I can't find my things.

~me

Return to “The Bitch Box”