OMG! DODDRIDGE STILL ISN'T FINISHED!

Clamber on up and let fly!

Moderators: thunder, kjshd05, Marie, fruitbat, Gillian, Chari910, catloveyes, Helen8, LadyLucius

marilaine

OMG! DODDRIDGE STILL ISN'T FINISHED!

Post by marilaine » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:44 am

Dude! These idiots have been working on Doddridge (between Alameda and Staples), and they still haven't finished....feels about a long as that infernal strike. (I still think there's a connection between the two.) :bat
Now, other parts of CC are under construction, and if they don't get crack-a-lackin' , it's gonna be Hurricane Season soon.
Quel idiots! Cretins!

~ML :cool:

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:48 pm

Okay, Marilaine. We need a little background. What's Doddridge?

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:59 pm

Me is confused :?:

~me

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:34 pm

I've never been to CC but it sounds like a street to me. Possibly a big street.

Mistress

Post by Mistress » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:47 am

Sit down, have a brew and 'Explain this to me like I'm a five year old' about the issue here.
MM

Sea Lion Woman

Post by Sea Lion Woman » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:21 am

What MM said! Sometimes when we are so mad about something we forget to explain everything to those who don't know.
So ML...sit down...eat a cookie and explain nicely what happened exactly.

Opheliac

Post by Opheliac » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:55 pm

I have no idea where you're talking about, but I can relate. Blackpool promanade has been under construction forever. Whenever I walk down there, there's never anyone working.

Also, warm weather = tourist season starting soon, and the council have decided that now would be a good time to be digging up all the roads and interrupting the bus routes. They did this last year as well. No wonder the number of visitors per year is decreasing. Idiots.

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:56 pm

The street I work on is a major street and has been under receonstruction for the past two years - we just learned it was going to take two more. It's horrible. They are raising the street level by about three feet and they have piles of dirt everywhere. When the wind blows it gets all over everything. No use washing the car that's for sure!

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:35 pm

What they like to do in Florida is that a construction company starts two or three projects all at once and they move the crew from one to the other.
This way they are always working but never complete anything. Makes one mad. Hard on the nerves to negotiate the mess every day.

Mistress

Post by Mistress » Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:37 pm

Opheliac! Blackpool! I see Blackpool often! I just look across the...errr...well I wouldn't call it a beach where I am. Not these days. But I do remember as a kid it was an ACTUAL beach...with SAND!
I understand the bad timing though. On the plus side, at least you still have the pleasure beech...Can we have our Trama Tizer back that was robbed, but on top of a puddle and called 'Infusion'? ;-) Just kidding on that one. Three guesses where I live eh?
MM

Opheliac

Post by Opheliac » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:45 pm

Fleetwood by any chance? I've only been there once >_<
Believe it or not, I don't visit the Pleasure Beach unless friends from out of town come. I aways find it funny how people who live outside of Blackpool assume I go there all the time.

Mistress

Post by Mistress » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:47 am

Um not quite. I am admittedly a Sandgrounder...but I wasn't born there. You know it, elephant graveyard...full of old dears tottering around Lord Street and paying for things in pennies.
Luckily I live in the...oh why dress it up? The dodgy area of Birkdale! Not too far from the only catholic high school in the town, which really could do with an in-built cresh for the amount of teen-pregnancies it produces and on the street is known for its use of foul language and impolite pupils. (I heard this on a bus once and laughed my head off) However in the media it's a wonderful place! That gives its pupils great potential and blah blah...lies...lies...lies.
MM

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:13 am

Er, sorry, ladies. I keep forgetting to mention it's a street. It runs from Ocean, all the way down to Staples, then becomes Weber, and continues on to Crosstown Expressway.
They took forever fixing it from Ocean to Santa Fe, and now the Alameda to Staples is taking all eternity.
Granted, our city workers are paid by the hour (or is it, paid by the job? :scratch), but gimme a break. My taxes may pay for these repairs, but there is no reason to take all eternity to repair this street. Pu-leeze! :bat
They've also been working on Morgan, but they've nearly completed that street. :roll:
~ML nuke.gif

Opheliac

Post by Opheliac » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:00 am

Mistress wrote:Um not quite. I am admittedly a Sandgrounder...but I wasn't born there. You know it, elephant graveyard...full of old dears tottering around Lord Street and paying for things in pennies.
Luckily I live in the...oh why dress it up? The dodgy area of Birkdale! Not too far from the only catholic high school in the town, which really could do with an in-built cresh for the amount of teen-pregnancies it produces and on the street is known for its use of foul language and impolite pupils. (I heard this on a bus once and laughed my head off) However in the media it's a wonderful place! That gives its pupils great potential and blah blah...lies...lies...lies.
MM
I don't know where Birkdale is, I suppose I'll be annoyed by it until I look on google maps >_<

That school does better than my old one does then, they're constantly being shot down as one of the worst schools in the area >_<

Mistress

Post by Mistress » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:29 pm

That's because our school should be top at drama. These inspector people should have hidden cameras, that nobody knows about. Then he truth might come out.
Birkdale and Southport are the same thing. Just Southport used to be in competition with Blackpool with our Pleasureland til it went :(

I agree...maybe they should limit their tea/coffee breaks?
MM