SWINE FLU OUTBREAK

Clamber on up and let fly!

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

Sea Lion Woman

Post by Sea Lion Woman » Fri May 01, 2009 2:12 pm

I also think the same ML. I guess it doesn't hurt being extra careful!
How old is your sister?

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Fri May 01, 2009 2:29 pm

I've stopped watching the cable news shows because they repeat it over and over and even a sane person gets upset.
If there is a panic it's because of over reporting. Just give us the fact in a sane, sensible manner.
This is why I hate watching the news. It is just so depressing

~me

Sea Lion Woman

Post by Sea Lion Woman » Sat May 02, 2009 11:53 am

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090502/ap_ ... _swine_flu
Apparently this virus is getting a little weaker....let's hope the worse is over for Mexico :-(

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Sun May 03, 2009 5:17 pm

Sea Lion Woman wrote:I also think the same ML. I guess it doesn't hurt being extra careful!
How old is your sister?
Gail will be 65 this year.
My friends have taken to using hand sanitizer now. We have two bottles at work.
Good going, Tencha!

~ML aaa.gif :spew2

Sea Lion Woman

Post by Sea Lion Woman » Sun May 03, 2009 8:39 pm

marilaine wrote:
Sea Lion Woman wrote:I also think the same ML. I guess it doesn't hurt being extra careful!
How old is your sister?
Gail will be 65 this year.
My friends have taken to using hand sanitizer now. We have two bottles at work.
Good going, Tencha!

~ML aaa.gif :spew2
Two days ago I got two little bottles of hand sanitizer, just in case!
I'm applying it every single second :oops: and I'm also washing my hands and I wanna start taking some Tamilflu (or however it's called) or even some Tylenol (I might start taking that because my wisdom tooth is hurting and that helps relieve the pain a little)

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Mon May 04, 2009 7:26 am

It's pretty hard to get Tamiflu right now. Silly to take unless you show symptoms. It is not a preventative medicine. Just shortens the duration of a flu.

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Mon May 04, 2009 7:35 am

Well...better safe than sorry, ladies!

~me

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Mon May 04, 2009 10:17 am

I'm an optimist. It's not going to be bad.
I keep telling myself because my grandson going to Europe in June and I don't want his trip ruined.
From what I read they think it'll be mild this summer but get bad in the late fall. Phooey.

Sea Lion Woman

Post by Sea Lion Woman » Mon May 04, 2009 10:25 am

grannybear wrote:I'm an optimist. It's not going to be bad.
I keep telling myself because my grandson going to Europe in June and I don't want his trip ruined.
From what I read they think it'll be mild this summer but get bad in the late fall. Phooey.
I read the same thing...it's getting weaker (In Mexico, stores are gonna open again on thursday I think)
I'm still carrying my hand sanitizer everywhere because I have to take the bus when I go to school pretty much everyday....and God knows what's in those buses :oops:
Marie wrote:It's pretty hard to get Tamiflu right now
I know....they are running out of them. Yes, I checked :oops:
but I still have to take some sort of medicine...this wisdom tooth is killing me :lol

Marie

Post by Marie » Mon May 04, 2009 12:21 pm

Take tylenol or Ibprofin - make sure you tell your dentist - that tooth should come out - it could be impacted (mine were!)

Tamiflu won't do anything for pain.

Hope you feel better!

Marie

Sea Lion Woman

Post by Sea Lion Woman » Mon May 04, 2009 7:27 pm

Thanks Marie! It actually stopped hurting......that happened last month too. It started hurting and then it just stopped.
Weird...but good for me!

Marie

Post by Marie » Mon May 04, 2009 7:50 pm

Only problem with putting off a visit to the dreaded dentist is that if one or more have to come out - the older you get the harder it is!!! I got mine out at 23 and I was miserable. But my Dentist friend tells me that in older patients they get all kind of problems with impacted teeth and crowding of the teeth due to lack of room. Does not sound like a cavity or it should hurt all the time. A simple x-ray would tell if one needs to be removed.

Glad it's not hurting right now!!

Pain = No Fun!!!!

Sea Lion Woman

Post by Sea Lion Woman » Mon May 04, 2009 11:12 pm

I asked my mom if she ever had her wisdom tooth removed and she said that my aunt (or someone) had them but, just like me, it hurt and then it stopped, and then it started hurting again. But she never took them out because her dentist said that wisdom tooth (or teeth!) should be removed when they "jeopardize" other tooth (like if they grow in a weird way)
But I'm still gonna go to my dentist...my friend had his FOUR wisdom teeth removed, he was all swollen, and he was taking so many meds, he looked like he was high :lol
Thanks for caring Marie! *hugs*

Marie

Post by Marie » Tue May 05, 2009 7:22 am

I had two out on one side then a month later two out on the other side. Mine came out while I was in the military and the military Dentists just hate wisdom teeth - so I got a shot of novacane (no they did not put me out!!) and I got to hear all the cracking and see all the blood (my blood!!!) Thank god today they would put you out and remove them properly if they had to come out. Two of my wisdom teeth were impacted (the roots were intertwined with the root of the tooth next to it) They HAD to be removed - but the other two were removed because my mouth was small and the wisdom teeth were causing crowding and crooked front teeth. I remember looking like a chipmunk on one side after each surgery - but hey - at least I did not have any more problems from those teeth any more!!!

Sea Lion Woman

Post by Sea Lion Woman » Tue May 05, 2009 9:42 am

Oh my Marie! You were in the military?! Wow! That's pretty cool! How long were you in?
That sounds like a not very nice experience Marie, but the it was all worth it I guess. Well my wisdom tooth are just coming out (they're very teeny tiny) so I'm guessing it's hurting because of that. They're on each sides of my mouth. Well today they're not hurting anymore so I'm very happy for that (but I'm also stressed out....school work)
I remember looking like a chipmunk on one side after each surgery
Aww poor baby!
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Return to “The Bitch Box”