I could chuck my computer out the window. GRRRRRRRR!!!

Clamber on up and let fly!

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

Heather

I could chuck my computer out the window. GRRRRRRRR!!!

Post by Heather » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:12 pm

Switched it off as usual last night and switched it on this morning. Nothing!! Nothing but a blue screen, so I re-installed Windows with no option of saving my files AND NO! I don't back up. I have spent THE WHOLE DAY trying to retrieve what I could, I have lost most of my music files which are thankfully mostly on my little Walkman and now I am terrified to turn the bloody thing off in case it goes again.

I HATE Technology when it goes wrong. My brother has been on and on at me to get one of those external hard drive thingys and I think I will, just to save my sanity. :mad:

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:48 pm

I know how you feel...I hate computer problems :pc
(and doesn't it always seem to happen at the worst times!)

~me

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:25 pm

Oh, poor Heather! I'm literally sorry for your losses!
Ours is now an all-Mac household; DH bought us a Time Machine (or is it Capsule? Still not clear on difference) which performs back-ups automatically, wirelessly.

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:57 pm

I am completely illiterate about computers. Point and click that's as far as I know.
When I read the trouble shooting columns in the newspaper I don't have the slightest idea what they are talking about.
As long as I can sign on the Board and talk to you Ladies and read about Jason that's all the info I need.

P.S. My Mac never lets me down.

Heather

Post by Heather » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:18 am

Angel Tavington wrote:I know how you feel...I hate computer problems :pc
(and doesn't it always seem to happen at the worst times!)

~me
Yes! That was me yesterday, thanks Angel that did make me smile and it did come back on this morning thank goodness.

You wouldn't believe how many updates Microsoft have been sending me since yesterday, I have just installed some and restarted the computer to find another 68 waiting to be installed. What is going on? I am a bit like you GB although I am getting slightly more confident then I was when I started out.

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:30 pm

Yes! That was me yesterday, thanks Angel that did make me smile and it did come back on this morning thank goodness
:))

~me :hug

Return to “The Bitch Box”