BUGZILLA

Clamber on up and let fly!

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

marilaine

BUGZILLA

Post by marilaine » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:54 pm

I hate bugs that fly at you. So when I spotted this HUMONGOUS mosquito in my apartment shower, I tried killing it. Standing there in my birthday suit, and HE FLIES AT ME. If we'd been shooting a Horror movie, I'd be the next SCREAM QUEEN. aaa.gif

~ML *YIKESWHERESMYRAID*

Angel Tavington

Re: BUGZILLA

Post by Angel Tavington » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:40 pm

HAHAHAHA! Marilaine....
Yeah I hate anything that flies at me, particularly moths aaa.gif

~me

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:38 pm

Same thing happened to me with a freakin', 4-inch grasshopper. With the back of a rake, I tried to flick him off a rosebud that he was trying to suck dry, and the damn thing flew right into my face!! I was jumping around, flailing my arms around my head, looking like a mad woman and screaming at the top of my lungs. My DH came to my rescue laughing all the way. He managed to annihilate it, admitting that it was the biggest grasshopper he'd ever scene, but my "tribal dance" was priceless. Didn't speak to him for the rest of the day.

If you've read 1984, the way the Ministry got people to talk was to put a cage over the person's head and place his greatest fear in the cage with him. The main character, Winston Smith's was rats, so they place a huge one in the cage. Mine would be insects of any kind. :shock: I'd reveal my SSN, all my account numbers, hand over all my credit cards, you name it.

a.p.k.

Post by a.p.k. » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:20 pm

Oh don't get me started. Am positively phobic.

There are these bugs here, the slang term for them is "jookeem" ... but what they actually are ... several-inch-long flying cockroaches. That run really really really fast. And that's several inches not counting the antenna.

/shiver

One thing that freaked me out back when we were in NYC was this fascinating phenomenon on Central Park West ... we lived a few buildings in from CPW, and if you'd take a walk up CPW on a hot summer evening, there would always be these large cockroaches (euphemistically known in NYC as "water bugs" but they're just Very Large Cockroaches) all over the outside walls of these apartment buildings. Now, might I point out that these were some of the most incredibly expensive apartment buildings in the world. And there they'd be, these huge water bugs, just kind of ... hanging out. You know? Soaking up the moonlight or some such. It was so weird.

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:59 pm

The bugs will still be here when we humans are long gone.

Sigh

Lisabella

Post by Lisabella » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:07 am

Cold country-- small bugs :D But a friend of my mom moved to south africa last year and told us about wasps that lay their eggs into large spiders and if the baby wasps are ready to hatch the spider splinters and the wasps get out.
Now that's disgusting.
I wanted to visit her in Capetown but knowing that I have to think about it again...and again.......and......again :D

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:49 pm

I just lost my lunch.

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:23 pm

Guess I'll cross CapeTown off my list. No wish to visit there any longer.

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:01 am

Heeheehee - Waterbugs!!! Here in Florida we call them Palmettos. Funny how everyone just hates to say cockroach!!

Return to “The Bitch Box”