Online Attention Seekers

Clamber on up and let fly!

Moderators: thunder, Gillian, Chari910, fruitbat, catloveyes, Helen8, kjshd05, Marie, LadyLucius

RoseannaLara
Posts: 258
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:39 am
Location: Birmingham, England.

Re: Online Attention Seekers

Post by RoseannaLara » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:17 pm

As I get older Grannybear, I can understand that statement.

Roseanna x.

User avatar
laurielove
Posts: 429
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:41 pm
Location: Probably somewhere in a ruggedly fandabydozy part of England
Contact:

Re: Online Attention Seekers

Post by laurielove » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:25 pm

This business was pointed out to me by a young person on my Live Journal friends' list (by that, I mean significantly younger than me - not a difficult thing to achieve these days). She presented it in such a way that for an instant I went - Wha ...?! But when I read the actual post - can't even remember where the hell it was now; I just followed a link, sheep that I am - it just made me very sad. She had made a nice little collage of lots of different HP actors and said something rather saccharine along the lines of - one of these men is the father of a beautiful baby girl and doesn't even know it.

If this person really has had a baby, I really hope that she realises by now, for the sake of her child, that pregnancy and childbirth may be something unplanned and life-shifting, but it is certainly NOT an opportunity, no matter how bitter you feel about the hand life has dealt you, to seek cyber notoriety and libel real people with real lives.

As I recall, she didn't include Michael Gambon, Robbie Coltrane, Brendan Gleeson or Jim Broadbent in the list ... Why ever not? :dunce

User avatar
Lisabella
Posts: 303
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:06 pm
Location: next door to alice
Contact:

Re: Online Attention Seekers

Post by Lisabella » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:08 am

Maybe the pregnant one thought of another jason isaacs? :D Just an idea. I mean he definately isn't the only one in the world with this name.^^ So it coulb be possible that she's really pregnant with Jason Isaac's baby. But not with the actor's baby^^

User avatar
Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down
Posts: 6058
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:37 am
Location: Indialantic, FL

Re: Online Attention Seekers

Post by Marie » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:45 am

She had made a nice little collage of lots of different HP actors and said something rather saccharine along the lines of - one of these men is the father of a beautiful baby girl and doesn't even know it.
Perhaps in her fantasy mind she thinks she slept with all of them...... At first I was thinking paternity test - but perhaps mental competency test would be more appropriate?

User avatar
Lisabella
Posts: 303
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:06 pm
Location: next door to alice
Contact:

Re: Online Attention Seekers

Post by Lisabella » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:08 pm

Marie wrote:

Perhaps in her fantasy mind she thinks she slept with all of them...... At first I was thinking paternity test - but perhaps mental competency test would be more appropriate?
Thanks Marie, I half choked on my apple when I read this :D You're right :D

Angel Tavington
Posts: 4968
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:01 pm
Location: Col. Tavington's tent
Contact:

Re: Online Attention Seekers

Post by Angel Tavington » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:36 pm

Sick sick people...

~me

belladisordine
Posts: 245
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:38 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: Online Attention Seekers

Post by belladisordine » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:39 pm

laurielove wrote:This business was pointed out to me by a young person on my Live Journal friends' list (by that, I mean significantly younger than me - not a difficult thing to achieve these days). She presented it in such a way that for an instant I went - Wha ...?! But when I read the actual post - can't even remember where the hell it was now; I just followed a link, sheep that I am - it just made me very sad. She had made a nice little collage of lots of different HP actors and said something rather saccharine along the lines of - one of these men is the father of a beautiful baby girl and doesn't even know it.

If this person really has had a baby, I really hope that she realises by now, for the sake of her child, that pregnancy and childbirth may be something unplanned and life-shifting, but it is certainly NOT an opportunity, no matter how bitter you feel about the hand life has dealt you, to seek cyber notoriety and libel real people with real lives.

As I recall, she didn't include Michael Gambon, Robbie Coltrane, Brendan Gleeson or Jim Broadbent in the list ... Why ever not? :dunce
I actually saw this on IMDB when I was looking at Jason's page in the "news" section. If I remember correctly, she named Jason, Alan Rickman, James & Oliver Phelps (the Weasley twins), Rupert Grint, Tom Felton and perhaps Daniel Radcliffe as the "potential father". Anyway you look at it, its a shame.

User avatar
Lisabella
Posts: 303
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:06 pm
Location: next door to alice
Contact:

Re: Online Attention Seekers

Post by Lisabella » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:08 pm

Maybe I'm stupid but is it meant to be kind of a quiz, so she knows who the daddy is but doesn't wanna tell OR did she meant it to be a list of the celebs she slept with and now doesn't know who the father is.
Both alternatives would be quite stupid. But I knew girls and boys during my school time who did completely the same (not with celebs but with guys from other schools etc.) thing. "Ahh nice weekend, guess who I slept with."

RoseannaLara
Posts: 258
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:39 am
Location: Birmingham, England.

Re: Online Attention Seekers

Post by RoseannaLara » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:47 pm

It is a shame, and you actually get some people who believe this stuff.

Roseanna.

Angel Tavington
Posts: 4968
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:01 pm
Location: Col. Tavington's tent
Contact:

Re: Online Attention Seekers

Post by Angel Tavington » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:12 pm

All I can say is...this type of behavior isnt normal.

~me

belladisordine
Posts: 245
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:38 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: Online Attention Seekers

Post by belladisordine » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:17 pm

Lisabella wrote:Maybe I'm stupid but is it meant to be kind of a quiz, so she knows who the daddy is but doesn't wanna tell OR did she meant it to be a list of the celebs she slept with and now doesn't know who the father is.
Both alternatives would be quite stupid. But I knew girls and boys during my school time who did completely the same (not with celebs but with guys from other schools etc.) thing. "Ahh nice weekend, guess who I slept with."
I think SHE means it to be I slept with one of these guys, but I'm not going to say who.

HOWEVER

I'm going to take it to mean "Here are the seven HP actors that I obsess over, so I'm going to create a rumor for attention and see how quickly it spreads over the internet. Hey, if I'm lucky one or two of them might take to the internet denying the rumor which means (in my head) we've sort of connected!!"

User avatar
Helen8
Pillar of the Community
Posts: 9284
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:18 am
Location: SoCal

Re: Online Attention Seekers

Post by Helen8 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:08 pm

I'm not a fan of Twitter, would never tweet, just for this reason. EVERYONE can see EVERYTHING you say. You can't hide your tweets from the rest of the world. So, if you say something nasty, the Twitter world will see it and pass it on to everyone else. Your words are ALWAYS exposed. Unless you're delusional and you think that you have a personal connection with a celebrity and that no one else will see what you say to him/her, you're mistaken.

User avatar
kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division
Posts: 6299
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:40 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Online Attention Seekers

Post by kjshd05 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:13 pm

exactly Helen :scratch

most celebs on Twitter advertise their work, acting, writing, producing, directing, etc.
Music, too.

I remember reading about this situation a while ago, where she claimed one of the HP stars was
the father of her baby...I choose to think of this as a tabloid headline...Ignore it and move on :shock:

Angel Tavington
Posts: 4968
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:01 pm
Location: Col. Tavington's tent
Contact:

Re: Online Attention Seekers

Post by Angel Tavington » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:45 pm

kjshd05 wrote: There is an option where you can send a 'private' message, where know one else
can read it. Like a PM....:
Really? I didnt know it..Im still figuring out how to use twitter...

~me :oops:

User avatar
kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division
Posts: 6299
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:40 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Online Attention Seekers

Post by kjshd05 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:41 pm

OK let's not get any lofty ideas...Jason does NOT TWITTER....LOL

Post Reply