No forks this weekend

Clamber on up and let fly!

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

marilaine

No forks this weekend

Post by marilaine » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:27 am

Man, these people have some nerve:
Every day I work, I notice a lot of the nurses from the patient rooms (4th Tower, 6th Tower,7th Tower) come down, and take about a dozen each utensil (mostly forks). This weekend, we didn't have any forks. So, natch, we had to let customers know: Sorry! NO FORKS.

WELL, someone from the Auxillary had the nerve to make a written suggestion that the Auxillary DONATE money to our supplier (Sodexo) to supply us with forks seeing as we're "Too poor to afford enough for nursing staff, Volunteers, et al.

I read this as my sister, a VOLUNTEER, who, stocks these utensils about 10 times during her four hour shift :roll: , and made a point to mention: UH, it is the NURSES who take way too many.

Our ssupervisor Jerry is close to taking the dispensers out, and just have individually wrapped picnic packs for customers. Given out as they check out. THAT WAY WE CONTROL the "supplies". HA! SO THERE! :tchuh:

~ML :rave nuke.gif :finger: *ofallthenerve*

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Re: No forks this weekend

Post by Helen8 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:29 pm

Can't imagine what the nurses do with all the utensils they take. Do their patients not get cutlery on their meal trays? Don't the nurses bring their own utensils from home to eat their meals? I kept a knife, fork, and spoon at my desk when I worked outside the home, so I never was without.

Sounds like your supervisor has made a good decision by switching the open trays of cutlery to individual packets given to customers.

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:08 pm

My sister said it was a volunteer who wrote the "suggestion", but our SUPERvisor, Jerry just laughed it off. I can't wait to see the looks on their faces when we take out the dispensers. :twisted: WE'RE NOT GONNA WARN 'EM, EITHER! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :lol

~ML :under :idea:

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:20 pm

WE'RE NOT GONNA WARN 'EM, EITHER!

Wouldn't you like to be a fly on the wall to watch their reactions?

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:04 pm

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
~ML :lol ::rofl :lol ::rofl :lol ::rofl :lol ::rofl* *(let's see from L-R, Jerry, Sabrina, Yoli, Gail, Chef.....)

ln419

Post by ln419 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:32 pm

I realize I'm a month late on commenting here, but sometimes nurses swipe cutlery for the patient's families...what kinds of units were those? If they were oncology/hospice units, families are there ALL the time and NEED extra stuff for themselves too that should be supplied by the hospital (I just don't know out of whose budget). It's just another pov...LN

Return to “The Bitch Box”