Sears Repair and India

Clamber on up and let fly!

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Sears Repair and India

Post by Marie » Mon May 20, 2013 4:25 pm

Normally I'm pretty understanding and don't like to complain about things but this has me just so mad.

I broke the water actuator (little plastic piece that you press to get water on door of fridge) yes that made me mad - but when I called the local Sears Parts and Repair - they told me I had to call the 800 number. So I get this gal from India who says I can definately help you wiht that Mrs. #$@#%%% (mangles name severely) and says it about 15times obviously reading from a script.

The stupid part is they are making me stay at home from 1-5PM (I work full time) and the repair truck won't have the part so they will have to order it and come back - waste of my time.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Re: Sears Repair and India

Post by Helen8 » Tue May 21, 2013 12:26 pm

Sorry, Marie. Customer Service with some companies has gone down considerably. Sears is in trouble, so that could explain it. But I hear you.

I, too, have a Sears fridge with a water dispenser. When we first got it, if you filled a glass with water and pulled it away, the dispenser would still dribble water out of the spout, which would then spill down the front of the fridge. I called to have it repaired. The guy came and told me that there's nothing wrong with the dispenser. "Just don't pull the cup out right away." :shock: After I counted to 10, I asked: "Just how long would you recommend I hold it under there after I'm finished, sir?" "Till it stops dripping," he replied. I thanked him for his time, called Sears back, and told him that the repairman couldn't solve the problem and to send another. To their credit, they did. The second guy replaced the entire dispenser unit. Guess what? As soon as I pull the cup away, it stops dripping. No water streams for me to clean up on the fridge everytime I dispense water.

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Tue May 21, 2013 1:26 pm

LOL Helen. I really wish I could have fixed it myself but it is pretty complicated. Damn thing is going to cost me $230 which kills me to pay for a 12 year old fridge. But I don't really have the money to buy a new one right now. And guess what - they dd not have the part and had to order it and will come back next week to install it. :gah:

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Tue May 21, 2013 2:11 pm

Sorry about that—costly and out of stock. So, more time off work. nuke.gif
Lucky for me, ours was new and still on warranty.

Return to “The Bitch Box”