Windows Media Player

Clamber on up and let fly!

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

BrodieCaffee

Windows Media Player

Post by BrodieCaffee » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:13 am

Every time I start up my media player on my laptop, it freezes non stop and it's damn annoying and got no idea why it's doing this, it's version 12 which is the newest version and I only use it to listen to music and of course my Jason Isaacs podcast as well, even adding my music from CDs and it messes up so much... It's peeves me off to no end and there is nothing I can do, hmm I damn hate it and it just cheeses me off...

Damn media player.....

Tosca Nini

Re: Windows Media Player

Post by Tosca Nini » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:22 pm

Yeah, it's not my favorite player either. I normally use VLC (which is free) or in past times RealPlayer.

Try VLC, it's compatible with many formats.

BrodieCaffee

Post by BrodieCaffee » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:56 pm

Tosca Nini wrote:Yeah, it's not my favorite player either. I normally use VLC (which is free) or in past times RealPlayer.

Try VLC, it's compatible with many formats.
I shall, thanks

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:48 pm

I use VLC too. I just downloaded it to my new laptop this weekend.

BrodieCaffee

Post by BrodieCaffee » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:21 pm

Can you transfer the music from Media Player over to VLC?

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:34 pm

Brodie, I just googled "can I transfer music from media player to vlc" and most the responses deal with the reverse, transferring from VLC to Media Player. So, I assume that means it's not a MP to VLC is not a good step.0

I opened VLC and under the "My music" folder, it contains an i-tunes folder. Further clicking doesn't lead to i-tunes or actually playing the song, even though "play" is listed as an option. I think this only helps to steer you away from VLC regarding music. It still works well for it's primary function, playing dvds from all regions.

For all other music, I use i-tunes.

(Can you tell I'm not techy?)

BrodieCaffee

Post by BrodieCaffee » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:28 pm

fruitbat wrote:Brodie, I just googled "can I transfer music from media player to vlc" and most the responses deal with the reverse, transferring from VLC to Media Player. So, I assume that means it's not a MP to VLC is not a good step.0

I opened VLC and under the "My music" folder, it contains an i-tunes folder. Further clicking doesn't lead to i-tunes or actually playing the song, even though "play" is listed as an option. I think this only helps to steer you away from VLC regarding music. It still works well for it's primary function, playing dvds from all regions.

For all other music, I use i-tunes.

(Can you tell I'm not techy?)
Kinda yeah and I should be able to figure it out, I even have custom plates for my cars on GTA 5, so I should be able to do this too

Return to “The Bitch Box”