Evil!

Clamber on up and let fly!

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

Funkay

Evil!

Post by Funkay » Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:49 pm

I think I posted something about this on the now gone message board, so this is pretty much an update. To recap in case I haven't:

I have a cousin who has become quite a sensation in high school football this past year. He was even featured in Sports Illustrated not too long ago. He's my cousin by marriage, but I love him and his younger brother like they were blood relatives and then some. They are good kids and have a mother sent from Hell to make their lives miserable. The two are 15 and 17 respectively and are both now in high school playing on the same team. My older cousin's a senior this year and it's becoming a big deal who he will sign with for college. He's been courted by everyone and I think in total he received nearly 30 offers from schools, if not more. His mother is a total hardass about everything. She had her idea about what school she wanted him to go to and he has his own ideas, thank goodness. Well, the deadline for the one she wanted passed and he didn't accept. So the cellphone is gone, his truck is taken away, and she has now said that he can use her car as long as he is back by certain hour and if not, then she'll call the police to say that he has stolen her car. We know there is at least one instance of physical abuse because the entire football team was standing nearby when she slapped him across the face for one reason or another. He may have made a smart comment but she probably deserved it. Even though my uncle was paying child support, she refused to let him have contact with his children and threatened the life out of everyone when she found out that he was doing it anyway. He and my aunt were invited to a parent's meeting at a football camp he was attending the University of Arkansas by the principal of his high school and so they went and she wasn't there. When she found out they went, she called my aunt, my uncle at work, the principal, the head coach of the high school, and the head coach of the UofA and CUSSED them all out about it. It wouldn't bother me so much except that she called my aunt a "mama wannabe." My aunt has had cancer for a number of years (at least 12, I think) and has been unable and will never be able to have children because of it. She was pregnant once, but miscarried because she was simply too ill and I can tell you that she wanted to have that baby very much and couldn't. This is why I am convinced this woman is evil. She has taken steps to deliberately destroy the spirit of her own children and has said quite possibly the worst things you could ever say to another human being. On a more pleasane note, we have offered him a place to stay he needs it. His brother has already found an escape, but he's suffering the most pressure and has bitten nails almost completely off. We have two empty beds at our house since my sister left, so my grandfather told him that he was more than welcome to come and it didn't matter when it was whether it be 3 pm or 3 am, our door is always open. Hopefully knowing he has a loving place to go will help him not worry too much because he still needs to concentrate on getting decent grades in high school this next year on top of all the pressure about doing well at football.

Yeah, so there's my beef for the year. He managed to visit with my aunt and uncle this afternoon and I had to work, so I was a bit pissed about it because unless he comes to visit me at the store, I probably won't get to see him or his brother in the flesh for at least another 2 months and the last time I saw him was Thanksgiving. I miss them both! :cry:

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:37 am

How fortunate for your cousins that they have such wonderful supportive relatives to offer a refuge, and good for all of you not being intimidated or just disgusted enough with this nutjob to turn your backs on them.
By her selfish and irrational behaviour she has probably ensured that she will lose them as soon as they are old enough to close the door on her.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:46 am

Your family's support of these two teens will go a long way towards repairing the damage that their mother has and will probably continue to inflict. I wish you and the boys well.

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:07 pm

Good on you and yours, Funkay. The sanity you provide may well be their only anchor during this awful period. I'll be keeping you all in my thoughts!

eternal student
Location: The beautiful Eastern Shore of Maryland, my Maryland

Post by eternal student » Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:21 am

Every semester at least one student (sometimes more) come into my office to talk about how they feel bullied by their parents--either in the choice of school or major. I always want to call the parents & tell them to let their child make the choice.

Sounds like your aunt goes them one better--not only is she trying to make decisions for your cousin, she's being queen bitch. I feel for your cousins--and echo what the others have said--it's great that they have supportive relatives who care enough to offer their home.

Keep us updated.

Funkay

Post by Funkay » Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:41 pm

The update is that I lost my marbles and went on a message board that was discussing my cousin as a recruit. I started off friendly and somehow ended up attacking his mother personally and even more horribly than I did in this forum and proceeded to get banned. The good news is that at least one person responded to my most horrible post about her before mine and his were both deleted, so I know I got through to someone on the subject. This guy was one of the people who didn't understand why some kids were leaving the area to play for other colleges and after I told the horror story he wouldn't care if my cousin left the country, so my work was accomplished. The bad news is that I had to become of THOSE types of people that make the internet a negative and icky place for a brief moment and you know what? It felt really good! I almost recommend everyone do it ONCE in their life. Almost and even then, just do it the one time. Get banned from one site forever. That's my challenge to each of you :twisted:

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:15 am

Hooooooboy, FunKay--did you use your real name???

I can't get over the weirdosity of going on a website devoted to my cousin's athletic career....Is this likely to get back to any of the rest of your family?? :shock: :oops:

Well, tweren't nothin' but the truth--what the hey. It was cathartic. But this story almost makes me grateful not to be connected to anyone with extraordinary gifts....

Funkay

Post by Funkay » Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:44 pm

It was just a sports page that had a particular thread about him and I just used a username, but my profile has my email and my AIM because I don't mind if people want to talk especially after my tirade through the thread. I hope this gets to his mother and I hope she comes looking for me! Yeah, you heard me! Woman! I actually had an administrator of the board send me a private message asking me if it was true and as my PM'ing was disabled also I have not been able to reply. He or she should know that, but maybe had a momentary lapse of intellgence. I just want to phone them up and scream "HELL YEAH IT'S TRUE!!" But, alas, it is not meant to happen.

However, these feelings have not changed in terms of me being slightly more carefree with my opinions. I worked today and was actually rude to someone who was rude to me. There's a food place in our mall that gives discounts for employees and the ladies from our store have been having problems with getting the discount because we don't have name badges. I went in there and just got something small and when they asked for my name badge I handed them my pay stub, two forms of ID, and pulled out some of my hairs in case they needed some DNA. Don't hassel a fat girl about getting a discount on ice cream, bitches! I'll cut you! I'll cut you all! :lol: :twisted:

Sarah

Evil!

Post by Sarah » Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:33 pm

Wow. You've got balls.

Its fantastic that you've given such wonderful support to your cousins. I've had an experience where I've lived at a relatives house for a year--some messed up reasons regarding family, and I can't tell you how life changing it can be to find people who believe in you and your ability to be yourself. Feelings of empowerment and self responsibility can change your entire outlook on life. I normally don't advocate "teen rebellion", but sometimes exreme parents need a reality check.

As for your older cousin, it sounds like he's in an okay position. It sounds like he's got his education paid for, so he can start a brand new life wherever he chooses--he just may have to work a little harder for it if his mom is going off the hinges. You can live without a car and a cell phone for a while, especially if you live in the dormitories the first year. And he may have to either take out loans or get a job to live but those things are very doable for someone in his position seeking to better himself. Whats most important is that these guys know they have choices.

Thanks to you. :wink:

Funkay

Post by Funkay » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:52 am

If any of you have followed Arkansas Razorback football in the last year, then you know what happened after I last posted about this.

If you don't, then to make a long story short...Cousin joined the team. Cousin rocked some serious behind as the starting QB. He started most of the season. The team won most of the season. He was pulled at the end. The team lost the last three games. He transferred to USC and he's the happiest I've ever seen him.

Everything worked out for the better.

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:03 pm

Good to hear, Funkay! Success is always the best revenge.

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:54 pm

Oohwow flashback. . . for two years, I lived in married student housing (as a sprog) in Fayetteville. We went to see the razorback once--I was delighted to see that she had piglets!!!!!

Anyway, like Gillian said, and it sounds like your cousin is now well and truly out of his hagly mother's grasp! I hope he is able to be some support to his brother, and go you having somebody to point at on a tv screen!!! :D

Funkay

Post by Funkay » Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:07 pm

Yeah, little bro is doing just fine. He finally started hanging with the family again and is doing his own thing. He has a pretty successful business going right now and he hasn't even left high school!

I'm excited for Mitch 'cause, while he has to sit out this season, he'll still have a chance to play football and with a good team. If he doesn't see game time during his junior year, then he'll most likely get his chance his senior year and with the Trojans, that's all it takes to go pro. That team is guaranteed top five, if not number 1 or 2 in college football. We're proud and just all-around happy that he's happy. The kid was a nervous wreck last year, but his fingernails are now growing back! And evil mom isn't so evil anymore. When the entire community was crying "Witch!" I think she wised up...or was just too defeated to do anything else. That and she can't control him anymore because he's an adult and all :)

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:38 am

Great, Funkay! I love stories with happy endings. Sounds like there's been no permanent damage. And the USC Trojans no less! They are revered out here. And USC's PBS classical music station is my favorite.

Return to “The Bitch Box”