The Patriot

The projects that don't have their own subforums, because they are older than The Lost Girls, but still deserve a special place on the board..

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Siren

Post by Siren » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:40 pm

heh...i love to research too...Angel...do you write for fun? or is it something you get paid for?

Good luck with writing your story! And when you find that link to the fanfic...i'll be waiting..i can't wait.

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:51 pm

I found the link, here it is:
http://www.geocities.com/tavington_fanfic/

It's a cool site.

Angel...do you write for fun? or is it something you get paid for?
I write for fun and I really enjoy doing it. But I want to become a serious writer someday, I plan to publish a book. I write short stories, fanfics and philosophical essays (hm,I'm an inquiring mind) to get things off my mind. I used to write songs but I dont anymore. I'm not a terrific writer, but sometimes I just get inspired. And writing is like an outlet for me, a way to get my feelings out. I feel the need to write.

So I enjoy writing a fanfic about Tavington. He is an interesting and complex character. Most people consider him a villain but he's a cute hero to me. LOL! I don't think he is totally evil (nobody is totally good or bad), besides I think that Tavington follows his own morals, he's just a soldier in the service of the King. Okay, he uses some brutal tactics, but in his mind he's doing the right thing. Tavington is not a saint but if you look at the bigger picture...well you can't simply label him as "bad" (in my opinion). I may be wrong but that's how I view the character.

Now sorry for this little rambling, I talk too much. LOL! But Tavington is fascinating!

Siren

Post by Siren » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:49 pm

Thank you so much for the link...i'm enjoying it already!!

I enjoy writing as well, tho it's mostly poetry. I started writing again recently. Something reinspired me.

I'm sure you will get published one day!

DhaniGrrrrl

Post by DhaniGrrrrl » Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:28 am

I also love reading fan-fics, since I suck at writing them...I wish I didn't though, cos I could write a doozy about the dream I had the other night about my being kidnapped and ravished (over and over) by our beloved Col. Tavington!! Definitely NC-17 material!! Image

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:05 am

the dream I had the other night about my being kidnapped and ravished (over and over) by our beloved Col. Tavington!!
OMG, I want to have the same dream.
(shut up, angel of music)

I'll post the link to my fanfic later. I have to translate it into english because it's written in portuguese. I have 9 chapters to translate and I haven't finished the story yet :shock:

Siren

Post by Siren » Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:20 pm

LOL sounds like maybe now is the time to start writing...id say thats pretty inspiring : )

DhaniGrrrrl

Post by DhaniGrrrrl » Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:55 pm

angel_of_music wrote:I found the link, here it is:
http://www.geocities.com/tavington_fanfic/

It's a cool site.
Ok, I've bookmarked this in my fan-fic sites section...Whoa, have I got a alot of reading to do...

DhaniGrrrrl

Post by DhaniGrrrrl » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:45 pm

Oh boy...My sister went shopping today, and came home with this on DVD, so I borrowed it before she could even open it!! LOL

I wish I could tape it to tide me over until I get my own DVD copy, but I may be hangin' on to sis' for a while!!
:mrgreen:
Last edited by DhaniGrrrrl on Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:35 pm

Ah, my fave movie. -smile- I never get tired of watching it again!!

DhaniGrrrrl

Post by DhaniGrrrrl » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:35 pm

Just bought the extended version off of Amazon.com last night, plus sis asked for her copy back!

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:29 pm

Having your own copy is great, it's best. You can watch when you want, where you want, as many times as you want...

DhaniGrrrrl

Post by DhaniGrrrrl » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:43 pm

Mmmmmmm, yes, especially when the extra Tavvie footage is incorporated in the movie... *sigh*

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:43 pm

I own 2 copies of the extended edition but I also want the single disc version, special edition. A deleted scene (the heart of a Villain) is not included on the extended one, grrr and I love that scene where Tavvie appears....well, I love every scene where he appears :oops: :oops: :oops:

DhaniGrrrrl

Post by DhaniGrrrrl » Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:59 pm

W00t! my copy of The Patriot arrived in today's mail!!

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:43 pm

I must admit, I have not viewed the Patriot in a long time...
It was on HBO today, and still holds up well, after all these years..

Mr Jason's performance is still impressive as ever...

It's one of my all time favs...Tavvy... :woot

Return to “Older classics”