The Absence

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

ibelong2me

The Absence

Post by ibelong2me » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:45 am

Hello guys - I wanted to apologise for my 'disappearance' for some time.

I have had some problems offline which suddenly got worse and just was not coping too well. My father was diagnosed with cancer and I think I just shut down and was pretending everything was ok and yet not being able to communicate without getting worked up and upset.

But he is doing well in treatment and we are keeping positive and am feeling alot better in my mind about things...i think.

I hope you will have me back to the fold.

Rose

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:41 am

no worries Rose, and I hope your father continues to do well...
good 2C U back...

Soule

Re: The Absence

Post by Soule » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:29 am

ibelong2me wrote:Hello guys - I wanted to apologise for my 'disappearance' for some time.

I have had some problems offline which suddenly got worse and just was not coping too well. My father was diagnosed with cancer and I think I just shut down and was pretending everything was ok and yet not being able to communicate without getting worked up and upset.

But he is doing well in treatment and we are keeping positive and am feeling alot better in my mind about things...i think.

Rose
Welcome back. Sorry to hear about your dad, but i completely understand last October my dad was also diagnosed with cancer, but a year on he now has the all clear, so chin up and remember that there has been so much advancement in the treatment of cancer that it is no longer as negative as it once was. And it is really good to hear he is doing well.

Just think of all th JI news you have to catch up with :)

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:12 am

Hiya, Rose--we missed you, and are glad you've made your way back to us.
Y'know, this place has always had a motto--I've just never put it up anywhere: "It's not real life, it's Jason Isaacs". And I hope we're always here to provide a bit of escape when things get overwhelming.

It's a very jarring thing, dealing with a parent's serious illness--sort of knocks your whole world off its axis a bit and puts you in a different orbit. Lots to consider, lots to come to terms with.
Pop 'round whenever, girl--we're always happy to see you!

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:33 am

No worries, Rose. We've kept a chair warm for you, and there's hot cocoa on the stove.

Glad to have you back. Give our best to your dad!

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:16 pm

Glad you came back, Rose. We're here for you if/when you need us.

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:06 pm

Chin up Rose. From someone who knows. There are so many things they can do now that it's amazing. Keep a smile. It'll all come out OK.

whisperwood

Post by whisperwood » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:04 am

Welcome back! If you need an ear, I'll gladly lend one. I was away too, but not for reasons like yours. Family is important. :)

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:18 am

Rose,

Welcome back, it's nice to hear from you again!

(Like others already said, we're here for you :hug )

~me

Return to “General Forum”