The Doctor

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

whisperwood

The Doctor

Post by whisperwood » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:14 am

I've rediscovered Dr. Who. And I am happy. :D

My first love affair with the Doctor will always be Tom Baker, me being an 80's child and all. He was the first Doctor to enter my life, at least. I forgot how much fun this series can be. They don't take themselves too seriously.

Series 1 and half of 2 down in the most recent incarnation... Excited for more! -bounces-

Foodie

Post by Foodie » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:31 pm

Eccleston was my first Doctor and I still can't decide between him and Tennant. Don't get me wrong, I love David Tennant, he's so much fun! But I did like the darker, brooding Doctor that Eccleston portrayed. I'd love to have seen him stay longer than he did.

-Foodie :D

Soule

Re: The Doctor

Post by Soule » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:51 am

whisperwood wrote:I've rediscovered Dr. Who. And I am happy. :D

My first love affair with the Doctor will always be Tom Baker, me being an 80's child and all. He was the first Doctor to enter my life, at least. I forgot how much fun this series can be. They don't take themselves too seriously.

Series 1 and half of 2 down in the most recent incarnation... Excited for more! -bounces-
Tom Baker was my Dr too, also had my fave assistant - Ramana, who beat the atrocious acting and continuous screaming of Sarah Jane.

I love the New Dr Who though.

Can never choose between Eccles and David Tennant, Chris's portrayal was a lot darker and felt more original (as he had never watched Dr Who as a child) Davids Dr is alot more energetic but has the feel of earlier Drs (David Tennant is a fan of Dr Wo).

Dumera

Re: The Doctor

Post by Dumera » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:38 am

whisperwood wrote:I've rediscovered Dr. Who. And I am happy. :D

Tom Baker was my first Dr, too, though David Tennant is probably my favourite. Admittedly, it's one of the few things I watch on tv...

Return to “General Forum”