I'm going to the premiere!

Good had its official UK premiere on 17 April, 2009; it is widely available on DVD and Blu-ray

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius, kate, again

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:44 am

I have trouble seeing the last video, Gillian. Nothing played after the 'short adveritsement'. :-(

Hatsuan

Post by Hatsuan » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:44 am

Thanks Sea Lion Woman ^^

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:14 am

Me too, Char--all I can view is the ads. :-(

mariagare

Post by mariagare » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:41 am

Sea Lion Woman wrote: Sorry about the mistakes. Some people talked to fast and my english is not exactly perfect. So anyone...go ahead correct me!
:D
Don't apologise - you did a brilliant job! But since you asked and since I'm procrastinating (trying to write a paper) - here goes:

Nalini: Hi this is Nalini Sharma for Red Carpet Diary, the Toronto International Film Festival. Well, day 5 and another day of huge premieres. Viggo Mortensen was at this venue, the Visa screening room, a few nights ago as he premiered his movie, 'Appaloosa'. He returned on day 5 for the premiere of 'Good'.

Jodie Whittaker: My character has an affair with Viggo's character in the 1930s. It spanned over 10 years, so eventually he's married with a child and I'm very passionate towards Germany and I help, I suppose, steer Viggo's character, not necessarily in the right direction politically, because I'm very pro-Hitler.

Nalini: The movie is a powerful study of how one decent man slips into collaboration with evil.

Mr. Sexy: Well, I play Maurice who's a Jewish psychiatrist in the 30s. I'm Viggo's best friend. In our relationship, I'm the dominant one and then as the 30s go on, the power bounds [Hilary heard "balance"] shifts a lot obviously, and you see me really shrink as a person as my rights are taken away.

Mr. Viggo: In difficult circumstances, that's when you really look inside yourself and in this story, things increasingly get more tense.

Jodie: In Germany at that time, that's how people vote and at the time it wasn't history, no one could look back on their decisions because they were making them in the moment.

Mr. Viggo: Different people deal with that stress in different ways in society.

Mr Sexy: I can't point the finger at Viggo's character at all for any of the decisions he makes because we do it all the time. I look the other way and I ignore things because it's too overwhelming

Jodie: You know you've got domestic life going on at the same time.

Mr. Viggo: Sometimes you do wanna lighten up and not talk about the war, not talk about the economy, not talk about the election and whatever.

Mr. Sexy: We walk an ethical minefield every day of our life. What should I do about my government that I voted for, that I love? Because they've done a lot in welfare reform but they also lock people up without access to a lawyer and they've done away with the right to silence. They say that torture is okay. Should I be marching on parliament? I don't know, I agree with the rest of it because I'm not locked up....It's a very subtle, beautiful, modern film about how difficult modern life is. It's just set in the 30s and I hope that people get it.

Mr. Viggo: The play is kind of legendary, and C.P Taylor, who wrote it, I think, wherever he is, I think he would be proud and I think we did it, we did it justice and I think it'll get people thinking. What's gonna happen to these people now, what am I doing, how do I compare myself to them, you know?

Mr. Director (Vincente Amorim): It's fabulous premiering the film here in Toronto. I love the Toronto Film Festival.

Mr. Viggo: I'm glad to be here. I've had a lot of good experiences in Canada.

Mr. Director: I love the vibe of the crowd. I love the selection.

Jodie: It's the second time I've been at this cinema, and this festival, and it's an incredibly warm environment to be, to show a film in.

Mr. Director: This is my second movie, it's the second time I get a world premiere in Toronto and it feels great to be here.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:34 pm

SLW, that was a herculean task! Well done! And thank you!

And Mariagre, too!
Last edited by Helen8 on Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:03 pm

SLW, thanks, that was very kind of you!

~me

ps: can't see the last video either...

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:34 pm

Thanks fro the videos Gillian and Char.

About the last one; after the ad, click on "play" again and it plays.
Gotta go. work

mariagare

Post by mariagare » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:13 pm

Thanks Hilary! :D Missed that one - now it makes far more sense.

I can't get the clip to play either. Even after pressing play again after the advert.

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:58 pm

Even after pressing play again after the advert.
same thing happens to me, I can't get the video to work for some reason. :-|

~me

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:11 pm

I had the same issue too after the advert. Hit the play button again, but give it a moment. There was a bit of a delay when I tried.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:58 pm

Me, too. Waited a good, long time and nothing. :-(

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:12 pm

I'm wondering if it isn't another instance of unavailability outside country of origin?

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:02 pm

Or just crappy coding.

Sea Lion Woman

Post by Sea Lion Woman » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:36 am

Thanks for correcting Mariagare!
And don't procrastinate! I'm just like that!
I'm supposed to be reading an essay by E.B White!..but he's too boring!
I can't see the vid either...
Weird...

LadyLucius

Post by LadyLucius » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:31 am

Great that you got to meet Jason Gillian. Bet you can't wait for the next time!

Thanks for the video Char. He did look quite relaxed and happy.

LL

Return to “Good”