Message from BLAKE MASTERS

Showtime brought us three seasons of this strong television drama, featuring large weekly doses of Jason Isaacs! Find articles, reviews, and viewer comments about Brotherhood--and add your own!

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Message from BLAKE MASTERS

Post by Chari910 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:45 pm

from IMDb boards:

There has been a lot of chatter about whether or not Brotherhood will be back. The straight truth is we don't know. Showtime has yet to tell us officially one way or the other. That said the odds don't look very good.

It is in the spirit of what might be the end of things that I (on behalf of everyone who works on the show) wanted to post a note of thanks. Thank you for watching, for being fans, for wanting to talk about the show online, for each of you being our own promotional outlet as you talked up the show to your friends. It is your passion that got us to season 3.

We, as creators, tried the best we could to consistently surprise and challenge you without ever straying into "groan" land. While our reach may have on occasion exceeded our grasp, we hope you never felt cheated.

As for those of you who feel disappointed and that we lost our way -- and there are a few very vocal ones who post on this board -- we are sorry we let you down. Creating a show is like working in a "fog or war" -- you do your best to make the best TV you can and sometimes you f up. Thanks for hanging in there with us anyway.

It's been a honor and a pleasure. Chances to make a show like Brotherhood are beyond rare. Thank you for helping us keep it on the air for three years.

All best wishes,

Blake Masters

LadyLucius

Post by LadyLucius » Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:36 pm

Well that sounds like a goodbye message if I ever saw one!

LL

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:52 pm

But still, it's nice to be acknowledged as fans . . . especially for all the free advertising we did.

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:57 pm

Well that sounds like a goodbye message if I ever saw one!
Have to agree there, Susan. Not that it's any surprise.

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:33 am

thanx Char, that was kind of him to post....
with the Prod Office emptied and for sale, I would say the writings on
the wall....

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:56 pm

I'm sure Blake Masters (and every1 who works on the show) did a nice job. :yip

We'll miss BH...

~me

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:33 pm

I'll miss the show. We all will.

It went out with Class. What more could you ask for.

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:37 pm

OK! NOW I am really gonna cry my eyes out..... :bawl :bawl :bawl
:bawl :bawl :bawl

This show really was the highlight of my evening. It really :heart to think they won't be back.
Must really obtain a St. Michael statuette or candle. Gotta keep those homefires burning for my fave Caffee.
And, to Thomas Robert Caffee:
All in all you're just another
BRICK IN THE WALL!
!
~M'L(C) :-(

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:12 pm

That is disappointing.

I have a question about this part:
As for those of you who feel disappointed and that we lost our way -- and there are a few very vocal ones who post on this board -- we are sorry we let you down.
I've avoided all the season three threads as I plan to wait until the dvd is available before I go near them; was there a general feeling of dissatisfaction with season three or was it just the usual imdb grumps?

Sea Lion Woman

Post by Sea Lion Woman » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:04 pm

Some users here have expressed their feelings of dissapointment with the writing, especially with how Michael's behavior changed to the worse...
You'll see it yourself.

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:14 am

I'm really going to miss this show. I've never given my heart to a show the way I did ot this one. I loved every minute of it. It went out on a high note with class and gave us an ending we can live with.

As for Michaels behavior, I think it was inevitable after the beating he took at the end of season 1. Unless we wanted it to be a joke with him jumping off the bed and dancing down the hall this was the proper endng. Perhaps if there had been any hope for a season 4 his collapse wouldn't have been so bad but knowing this was the end you knew they couldn't give Michael a happy endng. As for Tommy, he'l get his. We just won't see it.

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:27 am

I read all the posts about season 3 (don't mind spoilers), and now I'm curious to watch it myself. Can't wait for the dvd release.

~me

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:45 pm

Sea Lion Woman and Grannybear, thanks for replying.
No happy ending for Michael, eh? Hmm, now I really can't wait for my dvd!

Angel Tavington, I'm a member of another fandom , Richard Armitage. Last year I watched all the clips from season/series 2 that included his character from Robin Hood, Sir Guy of Gisborne very soon after the broadcast of each episode and read all the threads on each epsiode. I got the dvd months later when it came out. Although I greatly appreciated the effort by the friends who provided the clips, I found it made my viewing of the whole episodes to be rather anti-climactic. RA has a new series that was just shown in the UK, "Spooks" (known as "MI-5" for anyone who has seen previous seasons in the US). I've avoided all clips and threads about this show. The dvd is to be released in February. I will compare my experience. (Mind you, I got my RA fix daily on other parts of the message board; had to keep going somehow :D )

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:33 pm

Fruitbat, I don't mind spoilers because...first, I would have to wait several months to see the episodes (unfortunately, I have no choice but to wait for the dvd release) and I'm way too curious for that. And second, it's fun because I get something to speculate over. :D

Reading about an episode isn't the same as watching it and I like to see other people's reactions. I watched all the clips from third season- clips are okay, they are only a teaser and just give you a preview of what's coming, and this makes me even more excited!

~me

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:35 pm

Fruitbat....I'm sorry if I ruined the ending for you. Next time I'll be more careful for the girls that haven't seen the ending.

Return to “Brotherhood”