I saw "Good" yesterday!

Good had its official UK premiere on 17 April, 2009; it is widely available on DVD and Blu-ray

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius, kate, again

Angel Tavington

I saw "Good" yesterday!

Post by Angel Tavington » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:50 am

I saw it yesterday!

Unfortunately, "Good" didn't get a wide release here where I live, it's being played in only ONE theater in my city (what an absurd, and it's the most expensive theather in town :roll: ). The movie was screened at Sao Paulo's International Film Festival a few months back (the brazilian director Vicente Amorim was there!) but I missed it so I had to wait for the official release date.

Anyways, it's a pretty good drama, Jason (who steals every scene he's in)and Viggo are fantastic in their roles. I usually find movies about nazism and WWII difficult to watch but this one...well, I loved it! It's def a movie worth seeing. It was great to see our beloved Jason on the big screen again. :oops:

I'll try to write more about it later, have to go now.

much love,

~me

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:41 am

Glad you enjoyed it, Angel. It's definitely not an "in you face" kind of movie, but the subtleties and nuances with which the actors convey the story make it just as compelling.

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:43 pm

happy to know you were able 2C the movie, Angel...I thoroughly
enjoyed it, and can't wait 2C it again...indeed, one of those movies
that you keep talking about afterwards...

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:52 pm

Lucky Angel! So glad you enjoyed it! Can't wait to see it!

catloveyes

Post by catloveyes » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:21 pm

Great Angel....I am waiting to see what theaters will show it here in Chicago.

I keep going to to see the previews in theaters near me but so far "Good" isn't among them....it will happen though.

It is extremely moving...I hope that you get to see it Helen.

Hugs,
Kate

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:52 pm

Marvellous, Angel--we're glad (though not surprised!) that you made the extra effort (and spent the money!) to get to it. I look forward to hearing more about your reaction!

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:59 pm

Did you go to see it with your friend(s)? I want to know what the average person (Not Viggo or Jason die-hard fans) think about the movie?

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:10 am

that's a good point Char, how do folks who aren't fans, what do they think about the movie...

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:09 am

* posted on the fanzone as well*

Okay, so now I'll share my personal view on it. Firstly I'd like to say that I love independent films because they are way more meaningful than most Hollywood stuff...and "Good" achieved my expectations. IMO it’s not just another WWII film and I loved how the story developed around the main character John Halder (played by Viggo) and the choices he makes along the way. The movie tells a story about the Nazi movement in a different perspective, it's focused on the life of a "good" man whose decisions are influenced by those who are in power and who dictates the lives of the majority. The thing that I liked about "Good" is that it didn't have all the graphic violence you usually see in war movies- it's a great drama so the conflicts, emotions, feelings and depth of the characters involved are what make this movie worth seeing and it's interesting to notice how the story moves accordingly to the pace of its own lead character, as someone on the other board mentioned before. And Jason, ah, our dear beloved Jason, he's brilliant as always and never disappoints (poor Maurice, he seems to be a solitary man. And I just felt like giving him a hug when he said something like: "I know when I’m not wanted" :oops: ).

Finally, this movie made me reflect upon many philosophical questions (I'm an inquiring mind). I love movies that make me think, those that leave something for the mind to ponder on.
Did you go to see it with your friend(s)? I want to know what the average person (Not Viggo or Jason die-hard fans) think about the movie?
Went to see it with my boyfriend. Hm, he usually doesn't like my type of movies (JI movies, that is), but he thought "Good" was pretty nice!

~me

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:57 pm

Oooh, it is an Indie film.....we've got an independent theater here in Corpus.....Oh, I hope it shows. *gottaseeitnow*
~M'L(C) :cool:

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:34 pm

I really hope you'll see "Good" soon, Marilaine. :hug I'm pretty sure you'll like the movie.

~me

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:26 am

I' believe it wll come to our threaters when I see it. Our area is not known for having movies that are the least bit offbeat. Only the tried and true need come here. We do miss a lot of good shows.

Wolfie

Post by Wolfie » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:51 pm

After reading about it, watching and reading interviews.. I really want to see Good.
But got no idea when they are going to show it here. (Sometimes it's no fun livin' in Scandinavia).

Ariza

Post by Ariza » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:27 am

I don't usually like WWII movies either. But after reading Angel's description of it, I'm going to have to check it out. It sounds like something my hubby would also enjoy and we like different kinds of movies.

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:49 pm

Another week and no "Good". I don't think it will ever come here.

Will have to wait for the DVD. SIGH........

Return to “Good”