Good had its official UK premiere on 17 April, 2009; it is widely available on DVD and Blu-ray
Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, kjshd05, Marie, Gillian, Chari910, catloveyes, Helen8, LadyLucius, kate, again
- Multimedia Maven
- Posts: 5280
- Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:11 pm
Viggo-works has posted that they found out the three weeks Jan release in NY and LA was all we're going to get! Thanks to the bad economy.
However, Viggo is scheduled to promote it in London from March 29-31.
There will be a special screening and a Q&A with Viggo on March 30th
http://www.curzoncinemas.com/whats_on/s ... on_mayfair
Jason wasn't listed but if it's in London, I don't see why he wouldn't be there too.
I feel so sad since both Viggo and Jason are superb in it. It's just not a 'feel-good' movie so it's not successful commercially.
- Posts: 884
- Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:21 pm
- Location: the colonies (Va.)
Damn!! We'll have to hope for a DVD. Yes, so sad for Viggo and Jason-it meant so much to both of them.
- Data Miner, east coast division
- Posts: 6299
- Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:40 pm
- Location: Philadelphia, PA
thanx Char, I think U R correct....
here's hoping we see the DVD, soon....
I think the UK premiere is in April...
- Posts: 199
- Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:23 am
- Location: Between Lucius and Tavington
As DH says, "Bugger that for a bunch of banannas!" We were really looking forwrd to that. Oh well, I guess we'll just have to keep checking in here to find out any DVD news...
- Posts: 2839
- Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:54 pm
- Location: Desperately searching for Michael
My ex said it showed in Austin, but it isn't gonna show here (points to Corpus)? Well, Bollocks!
I guess I'll just have to wait for the DVD. BLOODY HELL!
- Posts: 2582
- Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:36 pm
- Location: Florida
Let's hope there is a DVD. They could decide not to release that either.
- Site Admin
- Posts: 4407
- Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
They'll have to if they want to recoup some of their money.
Even the shitiest films eventually end up on DVD. (Not that I'm saying "Good" is shit.)
- Posts: 2416
- Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:38 pm
- Location: Chicago
I agree, Gillian...they should release it on DVD....they have both put their hearts and souls into this.
- Posts: 4968
- Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:01 pm
- Location: Col. Tavington's tent
I'm certainly sure that it will come out on DVD, hang in there ladies!
- Posts: 407
- Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:23 pm
See, this is what I was asking about in another thread. Color me dense, but I'm not getting what goes into a decision like that. Isn't it the best way to recoup the costs of making a movie, to release it as far and wide as possible?
- asks the one with zero business sense