E-mails from Jason

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:16 pm

It's always great to hear what's on and what's off with Jason's projects. Cuts down on the sleuthing. Family time does come first.

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:22 pm

Angel, why are you hanging upside down?

Thanks, little bird! Good to know he's got his priorities straight. :D

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:01 pm

Jason, luv:
We are and will always be your most devoted and well-behaved fans.
:cherub

~ML :adore :hug :hug :hug

*TRAVELSAFELY*

THANKS, Hilary for posting this. :hug

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:40 am

He's spoiling us with emails... very kind of him :D

a.p.k.

Post by a.p.k. » Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:17 pm

May your cup continue to run over.

If you've got your towel with you, then you're always prepared to wipe up the runneth-over mess.

:D

belladisordine

Post by belladisordine » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:33 pm

Its so very refreshing to see someone with their head on straight. It blows my mind the amount of time parents (non actors) spend away from their children. I have two myself, and sometimes it seems like I've just put them to bed in their crib, and the next day they are running around. I'm glad he's taking the time to spend with them, they need him more than we do.

warriorprincess

Post by warriorprincess » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:21 pm

What a lovely daddy!!!

Love Kathleen

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:58 pm

The latest update from Himself:

Where to start: Retreat. Aaaah. What a bummer. Yes, I can imagine how curious that all looks from the outside. What happened was this; it was one of those films that wasn’t really a film yet, more a desire from Thandie and I and a mixture of hope and bravado from the producer and director. And accidental press releases of course. Then Cillian expressed an interest, but he wanted to play Thandie’s husband – the part I was thinking of doing – and they asked me how I’d feel about playing the intruder. Whilst I was thinking and talking about it some real job offers came in. Actual filming dates and real money. It killed me to drop out but it didn’t seem sensible to stay attached to a little film that might not happen when there was a big ole BBC thing with my name written on it. It still stings, to be honest. That’s two films I’ve walked away from this year that I was attached to for ages and both of which look set to be pretty damn good. The bits I’ve seen of Great Ghost Rescue are amazing.

Still, all’s well that ends well and I’m gearing up to descend on Edinburgh till January and try my best to bring the Kate Atkinson novels to life. Tough gig, actually, since they’re in every way novels and it’s going to be a challenge to make them screenplays that play continuously and have a consistent central character. Don’t know if you’ve read the books but Jackson Brodie’s probably a lot older than me and changes and ages between every book in ways that I shouldn’t. Everyone involved is a class act, though, so it’s sleeves rolled up and knuckling down time. I’m kind of glad since I’ve been a bit lazy this last couple of years and probably hung out with the family more than I should have; Harry Potter was like a long, indulgent, holiday and this whole pilot thing encourages a lot of sitting around and waiting. Roll on the hard times.

I wouldn’t hold your breath for a massive contribution from me in the Potters – I really just couldn’t bear anyone else sporting Lucy’s wig! They do look phenomenal though. The party was yesterday and it was a real good bye. Despite my experience and hardened heart it was actually quite moving to think that the ride is over and that we won’t be reconvening every year ad infinitum. I’m a bit miffed that this was the first year that I was available and requested to do the full global publicity thing; Japan, South America etc, but will instead most likely be huddling from the rain in an Edinburgh doorway. It didn’t seem quite mature, on the other hand, to turn down actual work to be free to appear on Good Morning Osaka and its equivalents. Here’s hoping for next July.

There are no great secrets about things coming up in that there are no plans beyond Edinburgh, just that last year was rather overwhelming when it came to pilot season and almost everything I turned down – 7 of them or so – have been picked up to series. The one I chose was obviously too character-driven and not procedural enough to make it to network, which is no doubt why I chose it. As pilot season approaches again, the voices will be clamouring for me to pick up the badge and fight crime (or disease, or fires or whatever) and I hope I have the willpower to resist the cash and at least aspire to something interesting. We’ll see.

Thanks for your continued and devoted support – I’ll do my best to make it at least occasionally worthwhile (don’t get there late to Abduction!)

Jason x

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:27 pm

OMG...thank you Hilary, for sharing his email with us :hug
I'm feeling a bit emotional right now...he's very sweet... Thank you so much Jason, for taking the time to write to your Isaacsettes...it's always good to hear from you :oops:

*sighs*

~me, the :cherub

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:33 pm

:hands :hands

Thanks Hilary!

Jason: Thanks for writing us :D You will be PERFECT as Jackson Brodie.

And why did you beg not to appear bare-chested fighting with Taylor? Your
-ahem- chest looks a whole lot better than his...Not all of the audience are 'tweens and teens.

So many Japanese girls will be so disappointed not to see you with the HP promo tour.

:mrgreen:

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:17 pm

Jason--Good to hear from you. Your new series sounds interesting. Looking forward to it.
And we'll all be sure to go see Abduction. You'll have us cheering for you in the audience.

Thanks Hilary for passing on the word. It's made today a noteworthy day.

VittoriaZ

Post by VittoriaZ » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:02 pm

Thanks for passing on the word, Hilary.

Thank you so much for the lovely letter, Jason. Best of luck with the new series. Sure you made the right decisions regarding when or if to take on jobs.

Thanks also for letting us know to keep our eyes peeled for you during the early part of 'Abduction'. :shock: *sigh* *not shocked*

Great to hear from Jason. Thanks to all who made it possible. :hug

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:11 pm

Just to add one more little thing. We're glad you took all that time to hang out with the family.
These are precious years that can't be replaced and family is very important. In fact it's the most wonderful thing going.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:21 am

Thanks for posting, Hilary!!

Everything happens for a reason. The roles Jason chose vs. passed on made him available for things we'll see down the road. Hafta admit tho' that seeing him weekly on American TV would have been fantastic, but que sera sera!

And if any of his movies get to a theater near any of us, we'll see them. Rest assured!

wolfsaver

Post by wolfsaver » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:52 am

It's such a privilege to hear from the man himself. Thank you, Jason, for keeping your 'Girls' informed. We support you in all you do, and look forward to seeing the projects you select. :cool:

Return to “General Forum”