Two more books.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:17 pm

I think Jo is like most of us regular ladies
Famous ladies are like us. The only difference is that they wear too much make up, get their hair done, do plastic surgery etc.

Anyway, I think J.K Rowling looks good- didn't know she was 2 years younger than Jase.

~me

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:35 am

but if Oprah was interviewing me . . .

Heather, you are right! Just being in her audience is cause to spruce up. Oprah often comments that she has the best dressed and best looking audiences. J. K.'s outfit and shoes were very pretty, and she was wearing a gorgeous, huge Wedgwood pendant on her necklace.

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:11 am

She's younger than I am, I thought. Hmmmmmm!

~ML :hug
*whenJasongraduatedfromtheuniversityIwasgraduatingHighSchool*

Lisabella

Post by Lisabella » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:03 pm

Is Oprah a very important person? I'm sorry if it's a stupid question but here in Germany she's not so popular I guess. Just saw her a few times in celebrity magazines.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:36 pm

Here in the U.S., she's very high profile. Her talk show has been on for 25 years, and she is philanthropic. She started a book club many years ago, and when she would mention each month's title, the books went on to sell very well, turning many writers into millionaires practically overnight.

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:36 pm

At one time she was the most powerful female in the entertainment industry in the US (she still might be) as well as one of the richest. So yes in that way she is a very important person.

Lisabella

Post by Lisabella » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:47 pm

Wow, I didn't know that. Thank you :)

Heather

Post by Heather » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:00 pm

A little off topic but I have to say that some people in the USA have got a very strange idea of so called "Celebrity" I am saying this because I have just seen a preview for a new programme coming up starring Kate Gosselin. What is the story with that woman who appears to be famous for having hundreds of kids? Yes! Yes! I know we have The Dark Lord [Simon Cowell] but nobody is making however many part documentaries about him [Thank God!!] Then there is that other hideous woman who has had about 12 kids and thinks she is Angelina Jollie. Do you know when I first saw her I thought it was one of those joke documentaries.

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:25 pm

I've heard of Oprah before but have never seen one episode of her show.
Then there is that other hideous woman who has had about 12 kids and thinks she is Angelina Jollie. Do you know when I first saw her I thought it was one of those joke documentaries.
Poor woman. Maybe she has a psychiatric disorder.
Now seriously, I think this celebrity-obsessed culture is causing people to become more narcissistic :loco
(I'd better stop before I ramble on about it)

~me

Return to “All Things Harry Potter”