LA Times Interview

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

LA Times Interview

Post by kjshd05 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:15 pm

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2010/10/ ... lady-gaga/

Jason was wanting the Lucius wig, but did not get it ;-)

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:17 pm

I just read it and loved it. A lot of interesting information in there...

Thanks for sharing KJ :D

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:31 pm

definitely thunder, he is just a bit of info:

"I’m speaking to you from Edinburgh, where I’m shooting a series for the BBC. When that’s finished, I’ve sold an idea to American television. So I’m trying to develop that. Actually, I’m slightly done with traveling the world"

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:16 pm

Great interview. Thanks Kim.

I remember him saying awhile back he was working on an idea for TV. Writing. acting and directing. I guess that's it.

VittoriaZ

Post by VittoriaZ » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:55 pm

Wow. Fantastic interview. He is very giving, talking about emotional issues. No wonder he is a great actor.

Thanks so much.

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:58 am

Thanks Kim, he is really amazing. Interesting interview. :D

~me

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:46 am

Jason gives the BEST interviews. Thanks Kim.

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:12 am

Jason gives the best interviews

I agree.

~me
Last edited by Angel Tavington on Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:50 am

Love the way he puts how addictive the HP series is to people of all ages:

I didn’t understand why some of my contemporaries were laughing at them and asking if I’d read them. I take the tube a lot in England and grown-ups – people of drinking and volunteering for the army and marriageable age – were reading children’s books. I got slightly stuffy about it until I dove in myself. They’re so beautifully written, you’re transported. There’s great value in that. They’re such a beautifully realized escape. It’s like sitting on a magic carpet when you open the front cover.

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:36 pm

Thanks, Kim. Another great interview.
Helen8 wrote:Love the way he puts how addictive the HP series is to people of all ages:

I didn’t understand why some of my contemporaries were laughing at them and asking if I’d read them. I take the tube a lot in England and grown-ups – people of drinking and volunteering for the army and marriageable age – were reading children’s books. I got slightly stuffy about it until I dove in myself. They’re so beautifully written, you’re transported. There’s great value in that. They’re such a beautifully realized escape. It’s like sitting on a magic carpet when you open the front cover.
Indeed. I'm sure I've mentioned this before but it seems appropriate to bring it up again.

Years ago, I was taking a train to visit my brother. I was very happy to get a seat all by myself so I could read the latest HP (whichever one it was) in peace. Just before the doors closed, a man rushed in, sat across from me and whipped open his briefcase. Great I thought. He's going to be on his cell talking about urgent business for the whole trip. I looked over and saw that he was reading HP too! :D

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:02 pm

Thanks, Kim--I loved the comment from the 80-year-old who read HP while recovering from bypass surgery!

fruitbat

Request for an HP recap.

Post by fruitbat » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:18 pm

I am slightly embarrassed to be posting this but as I can hid behind the internet and this Image, I figured, "Why not?"

I have read all the HP,s but it's been such a long time. Is anyone willing to post a summary with all that has happened up to the last book? I vaguely recall what happened in the Half Blood Prince, but as I focus on certain characters, other details slip by. Image Regarding the Horcruxes, some have been destroyed, right? I just watched the video Thunder posted and it reminded me of everything I have forgotten.

I realise that this is asking a lot. Image I don't have time to re-read them all before November and must focus all my book-to-screen reading on The Hobbit as Richard Armitage has been cast as the lead dwarf. All 6 foot 2 of him.

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:36 pm

kjshd05 wrote:definitely thunder, he is just a bit of info:

"I’m speaking to you from Edinburgh, where I’m shooting a series for the BBC. When that’s finished, I’ve sold an idea to American television. So I’m trying to develop that. Actually, I’m slightly done with traveling the world"
Yes, that made me very curious. I guess time will tell what that is all about. :D

You are not the only one confused about Horcruxes, fruitbat. As far as I remember, the ring and the diary have been destroyed before the final book, and they have to find the rest. Maybe someone who remembers better than me can say if I'm right or not. I think they will explain it in the next film, because they haven't explained it untill now (a lot of these things are explained in the 6th book - but it wasn't in the film). :???:

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:00 pm

Sorry, I meant to start a new thread for this topic.

This Tuesday is my evening shift, where I'll be in front of a pc trying to stay awake between questions. I will make it my task to search the web for any sites that offer a recap. There must be one somewhere out there!

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:16 pm

fruitbat wrote: I don't have time to re-read them all before November and must focus all my book-to-screen reading on The Hobbit as Richard Armitage has been cast as the lead dwarf. All 6 foot 2 of him.
Awesome!! Richard Armitage will make a cute dwarf.

:adore

~me

Return to “All Things Harry Potter”