I am SO old!!!

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Heather

I am SO old!!!

Post by Heather » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:21 pm

Justin Bieber is guesting on The X Factor tonight and there are squillions of screaming girlies wetting themselves. I am thinking, should he really be on TV on a school night? He looks about ten! Que Serra! I liked Donny Osmond when I was that age. Now that is sad.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Re: I am SO old!!!

Post by Helen8 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:34 pm

These are some of the same "people" who gave Sanjaya (sp) more longevity than his talent deserved. :dunce

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:48 pm

Heather, my (older) sister liked Donny Osmond too. Briefly. I remember the three of us singing "Sweet and Innocent" into our hairbrushes. :oops: I just googled it; it was released in 1971. :shock:

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:09 pm

Heather wrote: He looks about ten!
LOL yeah...he really doesn't look his age!

~me

Heather

Post by Heather » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:41 pm

fruitbat wrote:Heather, my (older) sister liked Donny Osmond too. Briefly. I remember the three of us singing "Sweet and Innocent" into our hairbrushes. :oops: I just googled it; it was released in 1971. :shock:
It was Puppy Love with me fruitbat, drove my poor mum and dad insane and wore the vinyl out playing it over and over and over again, not to mention the posters all over my bedroom stuck on with egg whites, I even had one on the ceiling above my bed which would not come off, my dad painted over it but you could still see Donny looking down at you about 14 years later! It gave my nephew nightmares. :lol

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:13 pm

Oh you're all so young.
Frankie Laine and early Tony Bennett were my favorites.

a.p.k.

Post by a.p.k. » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:00 am

grannybear wrote:Oh you're all so young.
Frankie Laine and early Tony Bennett were my favorites.

Whew, I feel better. Not the oldest. ;-)

Mine was Little Joe. (You know, from Bonanza.) Slept with his picture under my pillow from 2nd grade to 10th.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:56 pm

There was also Dr. Kildare vs. Ben Casey back then. It divided many a classroom of girls.
I was still stuck on Guy Williams (Zorro), so I remained neutral and could stay friends with both sides of the doctor dilemma. Switzerland. That was me.

Heather

Post by Heather » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:38 pm

Helen8 wrote:There was also Dr. Kildare vs. Ben Casey back then. It divided many a classroom of girls.
I was still stuck on Guy Williams (Zorro), so I remained neutral and could stay friends with both sides of the doctor dilemma. Switzerland. That was me.
Wasn't Guy Williams in one of the Aussie soaps? Was it Neighbours or Home and Away [or possibly both.]

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:53 pm

Or the Guy Williams from Lost in Space (yes how we do age ourselves with the mention of an old TV show..........) :furthermore

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:13 pm

No Aussie soaps for Guy.
From Zorro, he did a short stint on Bonanza as Will Cartwright, nephew of Ben, but Michael Landon became jealous of his fan base and got him removed after 6 episodes. Soon after that he was Prof. John Robinson on Lost in Space, as Marie pointed out.

Heather

Post by Heather » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:07 am

Helen8 wrote:No Aussie soaps for Guy.
From Zorro, he did a short stint on Bonanza as Will Cartwright, nephew of Ben, but Michael Landon became jealous of his fan base and got him removed after 6 episodes. Soon after that he was Prof. John Robinson on Lost in Space, as Marie pointed out.

Michael Landon!!! I used to think he was such a saint until I watched that movie about his life from his sons point of view. He was horrible.

a.p.k.

Post by a.p.k. » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:00 am

Heather wrote:
Helen8 wrote:No Aussie soaps for Guy.

Michael Landon!!! I used to think he was such a saint until I watched that movie about his life from his sons point of view. He was horrible.

Sigh.

See, this is why I didn't mention his name upthread in my "boy am I old" post. Didn't want it to devolve into this.

Sigh again.

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:11 am

We used to watch 'The Cisco Kid'. My Mom loved *IhadDuncan Renaldo. :lol
~ML :loco *ihadacrushonJohnnyGagefrom'Emergency'*

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:19 am

I read yesterday that Leslie Nielson had died. I remember him in the early days of TV. He appeared on Studio One, Playhouse Ninety and many other dramas. He was an excellent actor and showed he could do both drama and comedy. There aren't many actors these day that have that range.

And yes.......our Jason has the range.

Return to “General Forum”