Daniel Radcliffe

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

Heather

Daniel Radcliffe

Post by Heather » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:57 pm

Has just been named as the top [under 30] earner in the UK. When he was on Graham Norton's show the other week he said he had real problems with girls because he was so geeky and awkward, Graham said to him " Never mind Dan! I'm sure they will see past that to the forty million quid." :lol It's forty five as it turns out :shock:

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Re: Daniel Radcliffe

Post by Helen8 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:25 pm

Geeky or not, he appears to be handling the celebrity and the wealth a heckuva lot better than most of the other under 30s. And ditto for Emma, Rupert, and Tom for that matter. It seems like 10 years ago the producers were not only looking for newbie actors to fill the roles, but also to be extraordinary individuals.

Lisabella

Post by Lisabella » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:03 am

Forty five... I wouldn't have time to go to interviews if I had that amount of money. A lot of shopping to do...:)

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:40 am

Gosh, I wish I had that amount of money.

~me

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:18 am

To be truthful it sounds good but I wouldn't know what to do with all that money.
I'd always be afraid someone would be trying to cheat me out of it.
Just need enough to pay the bills and do some extra things without having to worry about paying for them.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:02 pm

I wouldn't know what to do with all that money.

I'd up my charitable contributions considerably. Pay off mortgages for us and our loved ones. Take a freakin' round-the-world cruise.

*Back to reality* :-(

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:18 pm

:woot Dan Radcliffe. Definitely uses his mente for good and responsible means. Proud of all our HP young adult stars. :hands
~ML *LuciusbroughtDracoupright*

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:50 pm

I would become a philanthropic investor or something like that. Seriously. Think of it...that's just too much money for one person.
(but, hey, I wouldn't mind to earn that amount LOL)

~me

RoseannaLara

Post by RoseannaLara » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:05 pm

I would have absolutely no idea what to do with that money either...... though I am willing to give it a shot. :D :D

It's good to see that all four of the main character's have remained humble. I wish them continued success.

Roseanna xx.

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:09 pm

It's good to see that all four of the main character's have remained humble. I wish them continued success.
Me too :yip

~me

SaraR

Post by SaraR » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:58 pm

I'm glad he hasn't gone the way of some celebrities. He has a whole life of him to do amazing work. :)

If it were me, I'd probably take care of bills, help my family out some and put a lot of the money toward helping other people or animals... Let's face it though, money does not happiness make, and no one needs that kind of temptation for large scale corruption.

RoseannaLara

Post by RoseannaLara » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:18 pm

I agree Sara. Too much of anything is bad, balance in all aspects of life is the key though sometimes no so easy to obtain. :D

Daniel Radcliffe seems to have pretty balanced/sensible Parents so credit to them!!! I just hope that continued success doesnt change him, but then, he is only Human......

SaraR

Post by SaraR » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:24 pm

I just wish the world wasn't so caught up in celebrity and paparazzi ridiculousness... He's bound to make some mistakes along the way, as we all have done. I just don't find it fair or humane to put such scrutiny on people when they're only being human. I can only imagine if some of the mistakes I made were put on tabloids and tv shows all over the world, I would most likely be a recluse. At least he's had a good deal of practice to learn how to cope, and enough time to watch and see how not to let those mistakes show up...

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:35 pm

You have to be really mature to handle fame and success, especially at young age. :D
Being famous isn't easy, I think I wouldn't be able to handle it well. I hate being the center of attention and wouldn't feel safe. I value my privacy too much.

~me

Return to “All Things Harry Potter”