The Patriot

The projects that don't have their own subforums, because they are older than The Lost Girls, but still deserve a special place on the board..

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Malfoy Grandma

Re: The Patriot

Post by Malfoy Grandma » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:01 am

Minuet wrote:Because someone had to do it, and Hilary gave me permission. :cool: So, shall we talk about Tavington?
That is a really fine quote. I want to hear more about our loveable/hateable Colonel. I do NOT know why! :oops:

Malfoy Grandma

Older Movies -- Tavington

Post by Malfoy Grandma » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:07 am

;-) "Older?" Well, this grandma still looks at the Colonel almost every day. I expect to wear out my newest DVD of The Patriot, not looking at the honorable Mr. Gibson. I just can't help myself! Help me, please!

Bellatrix

Post by Bellatrix » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:39 am

He is indeed a fine example of the refined but completely evil villain that I absolutely adore! He proves that one does not have to be a noisy mindless thug to accomplish evil ends - in fact, quiet décorum is far more impressive, don't you think?

Naturally MG - I presume you feel the same way about a certain Malfoy Snr? <lust> :twisted:

Thong of thunder

Post by Thong of thunder » Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:53 pm

:D me too!

Malfoy Grandma

Tavington, Lucius, and company

Post by Malfoy Grandma » Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:54 pm

:oops: Once more I am the blushing old Grandma! You people are really leading this staid and corsetted elderly woman into wickedness! Of course I feel the same about Lucius, as we older people are allowed to say of gorgeous young men who are younger than their youngest son! I hate these vomitted confessions. I actually prefer these very young fellows with long hair. That is sick, is it not?

Thong of thunder

Re: Tavington, Lucius, and company

Post by Thong of thunder » Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:27 pm

Malfoy Grandma wrote:I feel the same about Lucius, as we older people are allowed to say of gorgeous young men who are younger than their youngest son! I hate these vomitted confessions. I actually prefer these very young fellows with long hair. That is sick, is it not?

I could nevver go with a lad with short hair!

catloveyes

Post by catloveyes » Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:40 pm

So does this Grandma....I own more copies because I am so afraid of anything happening to them!!! :D

Hugs,
Kate

Malfoy Grandma

The Patriot

Post by Malfoy Grandma » Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:30 am

Thanks for reassuring me! I think your caution is a great idea, and will be hoarding a couple of copies of this wonderful updated DVD with that great fire-fly scene. I have no idea who in that production thought that was such a nice piece of film, but it really is. Gives a whole other look into our Colonel, and as it was shot right here in SC, I picture it even more clearly.

Thong of thunder

Post by Thong of thunder » Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:40 am

ive made a copy of mine!

Malfoy Grandma

Tavington, Lucius, and old ladies

Post by Malfoy Grandma » Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:46 am

I think you people are just great! Thank you for reinforcing my insanity!

Thong of thunder

Post by Thong of thunder » Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:56 am

Thats ok! :D

Malfoy Grandma

Our Colonel

Post by Malfoy Grandma » Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:38 am

:roll: Luckily my sweet Jewish daughter-in-law does not allow my three sweet Jewish grandchildren to view this. But both their mom and their dad, my youngest young, are JI fans in their own way, and really LIKE The Patriot! Glad I did not raise dumb kids!

Tinkerbell

Post by Tinkerbell » Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:52 am

BOO! ;-) hehe, love the pictures! I still haven't got round to watching yet. :oops:

Thong of thunder

Post by Thong of thunder » Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:00 am

Ahhh! its Tinkerbell!

Tink... i never knew you hadent seen the film! :shock:

And congrats grama!!

catloveyes

Post by catloveyes » Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:32 am

Yes to Grandma Malfoy...I watch a bit of Tavington everyday as well...if we are insane, so be it. This is the kind of insanity I can live with forever!!! :D

Hugs,
Kate

Return to “Older classics”