'Harry Potter' reshoot 'proves costly'

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

Angel Tavington

Re: 'Harry Potter' reshoot 'proves costly'

Post by Angel Tavington » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:07 am

I kind of like not knowing what is going to happen..
Me too. Normally I don't read the book before seeing the movie because, like you, I don't want to know what's going to happen. The book ruins the surprise. :D

~me

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:47 pm

You have to learn to divorce the book and the film. They are never the same and you'll be disappointed if you expect them to be.

SaraR

Post by SaraR » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:49 pm

This is true.

I've just had annoying experiences in the past with movie adaptations of books I love, and I figure ok, I'll just watch the movie, then later on, read the book and not be so let down... I remember back when The Scarlet Letter with Gary Oldman came out... I was 14 or 15 and blazed through the book in 3 days, was SO excited, and figured if they stay with the book, Oscar nom, totally.

.............and then we went to see the movie, finally. Worst book adaptation I've EVER witnessed. I have a feeling Nathaniel Hawthorne would roll in his grave and drop the E off his last name if he were to bear witness to it. I mean, Gary was still perfect, as he always is, but holy CRAP.

Now I really do not have time at this moment though, to go through a series. I'm finally getting to a point where I can do research about dreams and photographs and other realms, which is interesting, and I found a book today that mentioned J.K. Rowling, so I was like haha nice :) So yeah, eventually, I'm sure they will be on my list. Just gotta finish ye olde masters degree first. :lol :loco

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:19 pm

grannybear wrote:You have to learn to divorce the book and the film. They are never the same and you'll be disappointed if you expect them to be.
True, everyone knows that movies based on books will have parts taken out. Plus books are always better than the movies (that's what people say). They are much more detailed.

~me

Sephirayne

Post by Sephirayne » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:34 am

grannybear wrote:You have to learn to divorce the book and the film. They are never the same and you'll be disappointed if you expect them to be.
I can agree on that. I always try and treat them as two different things. I have read all the Harry Potter books but keep them as a different thing from the films.

More often than not I'm not fond of the film inturppetation so I keep them separate. One of the few times where I have personally found the films better than the book is Lord of The Rings. I still love the books but loved the films has they were made very well.

Heather

Post by Heather » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:47 pm

I do love the movies but there is so much more detail in the books, for example, there is so much more Lucius in Chamber Of Secrets and in Deathly Hallows, [so far!]

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:43 pm

I wish there was more Lucius in the movies...this is my only complaint *grins*

~me

SaraR

Post by SaraR » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:34 am

I really wish Lucius was in it more as well. Not to sound too biased, but the films he hasn't been in have really disappointed me... I've seen them all in the theater, whether I went with my family or on my own, and though the story is compelling, if all you get is a moving newspaper photo, it's a bit of a let down.

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:14 am

I'm still hoping JK Rowling will write a HISTORY OF THE MALFOYS......kind of keep it going. :orangface

~ML :loco ::rofl

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:14 pm

A history of the Malfoys would be interesting :D

Heather

Post by Heather » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:20 pm

I'ts interesting that the Malfoy's/Black's have got a potential back story that has to be way more interesting then even the Potter's, which we mostly know anyway. The Family Tree at Grimmauld Place is huge.

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:24 pm

A film version would have to have Jason as Lucius' great-great-great-grandfather or something.

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:48 pm

fruitbat wrote:A film version would have to have Jason as Lucius' great-great-great-grandfather or something.

Yeah, baby! Any film with Jason as a Malfoy-patriarch is totally X-L-NT. :clap :woot :yip :wheee

~ML :adore

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:37 pm

Any film with Jason is excellent.

~me

Sephirayne

Post by Sephirayne » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:28 pm

marilaine wrote:I'm still hoping JK Rowling will write a HISTORY OF THE MALFOYS......kind of keep it going. :orangface

~ML :loco ::rofl
Now that would be brilliant. I can imagine they have quite the family history. The Black family as well. I would so watch that.

Return to “All Things Harry Potter”