I got robbed!!

Clamber on up and let fly!

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

Angel Tavington

Re: I got robbed!!

Post by Angel Tavington » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:40 pm

kjshd05 wrote:Angel, open the iTunes site on your MAC...see if you can't access your account...iTunes allows you to have the same music library on up to 5 diff computers...
Hope that helps...
Thank you Kim :hug
I'm going to check if I can access my iTunes account. :oops:
Scumbags! Two of them to rob one girl eh? Real brave.
Yeah, f** cowards, they should be burned at the stake &%# If there were people around they would not have robbed me, I was completely alone walking down my street. And it was during the night at about 9:40 PM.

I doubt they will catch the dickheads and give my stuff back.
Unfortunately, the police usually do very little in such matters.
No matter where you live these days it just seems like there are certain members of society that don't even deserve to be considered as such, where do these people come from?
I think the same, what's wrong with people these days. I think the problem is the lack of respect and values. :bitch

~me

SaraR

Post by SaraR » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:36 pm

I think you should be able to access iTunes, since they have it password protected... You'll definitely want to check if they accessed it, but hopefully they haven't.

I can't imagine being robbed honestly, I'm very glad you're safe, as I said before. Hopefully your card company and bank were helpful with canceling everything and issuing you new stuff...

I honestly get nervous just walking to my car from my office at the university some nights. It's not too far, but even so, I always walk very fast and hope to hell that no one notices a small girl alone in the dark... Feelings like that shouldn't have to exist. :-(

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:30 pm

I think you should be able to access iTunes, since they have it password protected..You'll definitely want to check if they accessed it, but hopefully they haven't.
Oh shit! :shh Can they do that? I didn't think of this possibility, it didn't cross my mind.
Apparently they didn't access my account but I'm going to call Apple support NOW and see what they say. Now I'm concerned.

~me

SaraR

Post by SaraR » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:42 pm

Yeah, I mean, if you had credit on there or anything, like from a gift card, and the balance changed, they might be able to see if they used it and what they purchased. It might not give location, but it could give a timeline.

I'd also try to get your credit cards traced. Perhaps the people didn't go far and they can look at the records and see. I don't put my signature on mine for that very reason. It might take a moment longer to pull out ID, but if you know they're going to ask for it, you just say here I am, cheeese! :mrgreen:

I'm extremely cautious with my stuff, I was looking for luggage today and was paying more attention to my purse than what I was actually looking at. Nothing got stolen though, so it was good, haha.

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:18 pm

I'm extremely cautious with my stuff, I was looking for luggage today and was paying more attention to my purse than what I was actually looking at.
Me too, I'm careful with my stuff but it happened anyway. I live in a violent city where robbery isn't rare so you can imagine how cautious I am. But shit happens, I was at the wrong place at the wrong time.

I had to cancel my credit card and need to replace my driver's license which is a pain.
My stolen phone was a prepaid one, I had to call the mobile operator to request them to block the number.

I called the apple store but they weren't really helpful. The salesman told me there was no way for the thieves to access my iTunes account because it's password protected :roll: I will call the support on monday.
I doubt Apple will do much about it, but it's always worth a try. And I think I'm going to reset my password just in case.

~me

SaraR

Post by SaraR » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:11 am

Oh ugh. Yeah I hate having to get license stuff redone, it always makes things more difficult, or you sit in line for like, a thousand hours and fall asleep and end up taped to some random poster on the wall...

I know what you mean about living in a violent city. That's half the reason I don't live closer to school... I mean, there's plenty of housing, NICE old places that you can rent dirt cheap, because you'll likely get robbed. I have a friend who had about 5-7 cameras stolen, her car bashed in, and then she was robbed again a little later, and she lives two blocks from the school I used to attend. There was also another kid who was accosted, shot 7 times and lived to tell about it. He lost an eye and has a seizure disorder now, but it's amazing he lived...

I've been very lucky, but I never leave ANYTHING important in my car. I even take in my CDs most of the time just because I don't like them getting too hot or cold, but people get so weird about seeing things and wanting them.
The area I live in isn't much safer, but people mostly leave you alone. The only weird thing that ever happened was a guy who came up and knocked on my door and asked if I wanted to buy food stamps. I just went um, NO, slammed the door in his face and called the office. We're a gated apartment complex too, so that was even more WTF. It hasn't happened again at least. I'm glad I have some big heavy wrought iron candlesticks and a hairy security guard...

I'd definitely change your iTunes password, that's always a good thing to do.
At least we know karma will get those tools. :)

a.p.k.

Post by a.p.k. » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:11 am

That's so scary. <<hugs>>

Stuff they took can be replaced ... most important is that *you're okay.*

Heather

Post by Heather » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:29 am

I remembered a story I read in the paper a couple of years ago, this 12 year old was walking home when this man tried to mug him for his phone and money, unfortunately for would be mugger this particular 12 year old had a 4th Dan Black Belt in Karate and kicked the shit out of him. I hope that this experience would make any mugger think twice about doing it again.

On the other hand the UK is effed up as far as the justice system is concerned, there was a documentary on last week about a woman who was been stalked by a man she had dumped about a year ago, he constantly harrassed her on the phoned, threatened her, followed her and even made threats against her family then one night he managed to break into her house, he cornered her in the bedroom, she managed to get past him and he chased her into the kitchen where she picked up a knife and slashed his face, he then went and called the police and they arrested HER AND IT WENT TO COURT!!!! Tell me we don't live in a mad and crazy world.

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:59 am

most important is that *you're okay.*
Yeah believe me, I feel fortunate to be alive and well :hug :hug
Oh ugh. Yeah I hate having to get license stuff redone, it always makes things more difficult, or you sit in line for like, a thousand hours and fall asleep and end up taped to some random poster on the wall...
It's an annoyance, I hate waiting in long lines. Replacing stuff is going to take the majority of my time this week, I fear :???:
I'm going to look for a new cell phone today, I want one with touchscreen- maybe a samsung star. I was planning to get an iPhone but will not, it's too expensive to carry around all the time.
There was also another kid who was accosted, shot 7 times and lived to tell about it. He lost an eye and has a seizure disorder now, but it's amazing he lived...
OMG this is horrible, poor kid! :(

~me

Lisabella

Post by Lisabella » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:17 pm

I'm so glad they didn't harm you! Such basterds... I could :bat

RoseannaLara

Post by RoseannaLara » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:08 am

Hi

I am so sorry Angel, I havent been online for a while, so I only have just picked this thread up!

I do hope you're okay. People can be just so evil.

I am relieved to hear that you're safe and despite the shock of it all, that you didn't come to any harm.

Hope it works out for you hon xx.

Take care
Roseanna xx

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:30 am

Hi Roseanna,

I'm okay, thanks :hug
guess I recovered from the shock but this incident made me even more cautious than I always am.

~me

RoseannaLara

Post by RoseannaLara » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:39 pm

I am so relieved to hear that.

There is nothing wrong with being that extra cautious, it keeps you safe and comes with experience of life sadly.

Take care :hug

Roseanna x

Return to “The Bitch Box”