13 Episodes

This is a TV series about a police officer after a fatal car crash killed either his son or his wife. He lives in two realities. One where his son survived the accident, and one where his wife survived. He doesn't know which is the real one, and he doesn't want to know. It aired on NBC, and was cancelled after one season.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

grannybear

13 Episodes

Post by grannybear » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:23 pm

According to this weeks TV GUIDE several mid season shows including Awake will air just 13 episodes at most during the 2011-2012 season.
At first I was disappointed but then realized that it is better to have less and have them done right and get picked up for the following season. Also coming on in mid-season they don't have time for a full 22 weeks.
13 weeks of Jason is better than 0 weeks.

(I tried to post a link but couldn't find it on their website}.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Re: 13 Episodes

Post by Helen8 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:56 pm

Yeah, grannybear. I read that, too. And, since NBC has come under fire from conservative family groups over Playboy Club, which may not get off the ground because they're going to boycott all of its sponsers, . . . if we're lucky, we may see Awake sooner than later.

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:37 pm

NBC has also ordered some episodes of Fear Factor for the fall. I think that would be in place of NFL Football if the strike is not settled.

inamac

Post by inamac » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:11 am

I wonder whether the US networks have taken into account foreign sales? It's much easier to sell a 13 week series (the standard length for UK shows) and it's more likely to be shown as a consistent run, rather than 26 weeks which is bound to be interrupted by holidays and sporting events, with the consequent chance of the audience getting bored.

But I'm in favour of anything that gives me a chance of seeing the show on UK TV...

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:13 am

Good point inamac. I never thought of that before.

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:11 pm

I don't that foreign sales are ever a factor as a 13 ep run is often a trial run.

MTA: I couldn't find a good spot for this on the Case Histories board so I thought I'd add it here.

If Awake is successful, it would in the Beeb's best interest to give Jason whatever he wants in order to get another series of CH. The increased interest in his work, which would be a natural result of a successful Awake, would boost international dvd sales and increase the likelihood of an American network broadcasting it (CH).

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:10 pm

He did say that he would find a way to make it work if there were more CHs, so it's up to the Beeb now.

Return to “Awake”