In movie

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

a.p.k.

Re: In movie

Post by a.p.k. » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:20 pm

Hilary the Touched wrote:I was picturing more like the secreted crusty hairballs I used to stumble upon . . . :gah: :spew2

It's been many years since our cats finally all left us, but I don't remember those hairballs being crusty. I remember them being wet and slippery and invariably right in the spot where you put your bare foot when you get out of bed in the dark in the middle of the night to use the bathroom. LOL

Lizzie

Post by Lizzie » Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:34 pm

I've just seen the movie with my brother and two friends in a theater with 11 screens and did pre-book but shouldn't have bothered. I did go at the 4:45pm session so perhaps that's why it was only half-full. No annoying kids and most of the squeeing came from yours truly. Lucius looked utterly miserable as he should have and I did feel sorry for him. I quite liked Narcissa's reaction to him.

Great movie, wonderful acting and lovely scenes. My brother who didn't read the books had several questions afterwards though but with three book-readers present, we helped him out.

Lizzie

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:56 pm

Thought it belonged to Ralph Fiennes and Alan Rickman - just tremendous performances from both of them.
True, they were brilliant. And all of the Lucius Malfoy scenes were great, I felt sorry for him. Look at what he has become and how miserable he is now, we clearly see how much he has changed. Jason succeeded in portraying the character's emotions with intensity, he truly transforms himself into a character in a convincing manner. What a superb actor he is =)

~me

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:38 pm

secreted crusty hairballs I used to stumble upon

Nah. I was thinkin' of various tiny plush mice, stuffed with horcruxes, or tiny whiffle balls with bells replaced by horcruxes hidden under the fridge, couch, dresser, armoire, etc., so they're not so easy to find. Left out in the open to be stepped on would end those nine lives way too soon. :XXX

You mean every time a cat kills a mouse it creates a little cat horcrux?

It'd be way more than nine lives if that were the case. Man! We'd have 1,000-year-old cats! :razz

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:14 pm

My Dexter the serial killer kitty cat is laying right next to the computer purring and he said he'll never tell where his kitty horcruxes are!

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:26 pm

Was I the only one who thought the dudes in Gringott's all looked like Larry King??? :shock: :bag:

Marie

Post by Marie » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:59 am

Wow - dude - I see the resemblance now!

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:09 am

I wanted to vanquish Voldemort for him slapping Lucius. *whyIoughtta* :bat nuke.gif

~ML *moveoverharryhesmine* :tchuh:

Marie

Post by Marie » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:53 pm

I wanted to vanquish Voldemort for him slapping Lucius.
Well compared to what Voldy did to some other Deatheaters I'd say a slap is pretty mild.

laurielove
Location: Probably somewhere in a ruggedly fandabydozy part of England

Post by laurielove » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:34 am

Marie wrote:
I wanted to vanquish Voldemort for him slapping Lucius.
Well compared to what Voldy did to some other Deatheaters I'd say a slap is pretty mild.
Me too. My husband, who doesn't know the books at all, was amazed Lucius wasn't killed. He thought he got off very lightly. I think it was very very important to the theme of love and reconciliation that all the Malfoys survived, just like in the book. If they'd killed Lucius off, I would have ... :bat

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:10 pm

Bad News: Voldemort slaps Lucius. :mad: :finger:
Good News: Harry Potter slapped him back.....and HARD. :twisted:

~ML :under :cherub :cool: :hug *welovelucius*

Gilly_sirl

Post by Gilly_sirl » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:22 pm

Oh yeah, I had forgotten about the slap, or shall be say, b*tch slap?

I would like to slap Lucius. In a whole other context, though.

But, indeed, he's had it rough in that film. He's now firmly in the losers' camp. Makes it harder to write fanfic about him.

It is true that Ralph and Alan Rickman own the film. The former reminded me a lot of what he did in Schindler's List, and when he turns into ashes in the end, I thought to myself, "full circle, Ralph, full circle"...

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:55 pm

Marie wrote:
I had a $4 water..... :???:
But the movie was brilliant.

Ken did say - boy there was not much of your Jason! Even he noticed! ;-)
$4 water??? Try a $4 HOT DOG. WHOA! Please don't tell me proceeds go towards remodeling AZKABAN! :tchuh: :lol

~ML :ruforeal: :finger:

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:09 pm

Cinema food is very expensive but I can't watch a movie without popcorn (loooove it! Amo!)

~me

grannybear

Post by grannybear » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:51 pm

Well, finally 3 out of the 4 of us went to see HP. The movie was almost filled. Only a few scattered seats left.
Loved the movie. Didn't need 3d. 2D was wild enough. If this movie doesn't get an Oscar for special effects then something is horribly wrong. Spectacular.
Would have liked to see more of Lucius. He deserved more screen time. They did a great job of bringing back all of the characters for an encore. And the ending was sweet with all their children leaving for their first year at Hogwarts.
Will have to reread the book there's a lot I got mixed up in my mind. All in all, well worth the wait.

P.S. The pizza after the show was good too.

Return to “All Things Harry Potter”