Tragedy

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Lizzie

Tragedy

Post by Lizzie » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:00 pm

For those of you who have children or godchildren or cousins, hug them the next time you see them. A bus on its way home from Switzerland crashed in a tunnel, carrying Belgian and Dutch 12 year old kids from a ski trip. No less than 22 children died and all the adults are gone too. The bus itself was in a perfect condition, both drivers were fit enough to drive so the real cause of the crash is yet unknown. It's been on the radio and telly all day long. At this moment, 24 children are still in hospitals and three of them still fighting for their young lives.
The medics, policemen and firefighters who arrived first at the scene will be getting psychological guidance as well and the policeman they interviewed spoke with a very shaky voice. It must be so horrible to receive such news but I can't help thinking about the people who had to bring this news.

My thoughts go out to the families of all the victims and I hope you can spare them a thought too.

Lizzie

Angel Tavington

Re: Tragedy

Post by Angel Tavington » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:31 pm

My thoughts and prayers are with the families of the victims :hug

What a terrible tragedy.

~me

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:02 pm

I saw this on the news this morning. My heart goes out to all of them.

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:33 am

Such horrible news... Sending good thoughts.

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:28 pm

Oh dear. What a sad story. Our prayers go to the lost and their loved ones. :cherub

~ML :-(
Last edited by marilaine on Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lizzie

Post by Lizzie » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:26 pm

The Belgian government has declared Friday the 16th of March a day of national mourning. Since I work in a federal building, we will gather at 11am to keep one minute of silence. The Swiss people have treated the families with the utmost respect and are still doing their best to help them proces everything.

To everyone's horror, the Swiss authorities had to close down the tunnel where the accident happened because there were so many people too eager to see the place of the crash. I absolutely loathe such people. Belgian bus drivers and truck drivers tied black ribbons to their vehicles.

I'm catching up on the news since I haven't been able to watch the television and although I'm not a person who cries easily, I'm having tears in my eyes right now.

If you see 11 am on the clock tomorrow, think of the people involved.

Lizzie

Return to “General Forum”