Episode 9: Game Day

This is a TV series about a police officer after a fatal car crash killed either his son or his wife. He lives in two realities. One where his son survived the accident, and one where his wife survived. He doesn't know which is the real one, and he doesn't want to know. It aired on NBC, and was cancelled after one season.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Episode 9: Game Day

Post by thunder » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:47 pm

Promo:
http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/04/awake- ... promo.html

Pics:
http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/04/awake- ... ional.html

Synopsis:
The final play in a big football rivalry happens differently in Detective Britten's two realities; Rex suffers from a broken heart; Vega and Hannah plan a going-away party for Britten.
http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/04/awake- ... opsis.html

Angel Tavington

Re: Episode 9: Game Day

Post by Angel Tavington » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:21 pm

Surreal! I like the story about 2 realities....crazy.

~me

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:39 am

Hey, in previous episodes, I noticed he wears the white work shirts in the Hanna reality, and the blue in Rex reality. Now, they've reversed. WHAT THE?????
I'm gonna watch this NO MATTER WHAT. But, that's really confusing. :scratch

~ML :loco :brows :cool:

thunder

Post by thunder » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:47 am

Short preview fortomorrow's episode:

http://www.chevronone.com/tv/sneak-peek ... -big-game/

The get shorter and shorter... :roll:

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:14 am

Tell you what - that ain't much of a promo. If I did not already watch and like Awake - that would not get me to watch it (other than those cute guys - Britten and Vega!)

thunder

Post by thunder » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:49 am

I agree, it seems like they just picked a scene just to pick one. How is this this promoting the episode? It's a random boring short scene. For the first episodes,they picked scenes that made you curious and wanting to find out more. They were longer, and we were given more previews per episode. And they were spread out during the week, so the buzz kept going every day during the week.
Last week they released nothing (not even pictures) untill Wednesday. And they actually released the promo pictures for this episode before the previous one.... :roll:

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:10 pm

What a boring letdown from last week's clip—nekkid Britten. Unless promoting a nap was the goal. :roll:

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:33 pm

This is pretty random, but, uh, there is an NDSU. It's North Dakota State University, and it's located in Fargo, North Dakota. They have an impressive football team, the Bisons--whose colours are green and yellow.
That's all.

thunder

Post by thunder » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:40 am

I liked this better than the last one. Glad to see father and son being able to talk to each other.

Spoiler!

And - Hello, Grandpa! :D

wolfsaver

Post by wolfsaver » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:29 am

I guess Michael and Hannah will no longer be moving.

ln419

Post by ln419 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:40 pm

I think, I think, ok here's what I think (are you ready?) I'm pretty upset at Michael's response to Rex. His all around response to Rex. In the beginning, in all the interviews, Jason extoled the virtues of "rebooting" Michael's relationships with both his wife and his son, the second chance bit (and btw, does anyone else think that Laura Allan slightly resembles Emma Hewitt in the tiniest bit? I'm thinking b/c the 2 of them look so great together, maybe whoever cast her, wanted to maybe cast someone Jason already looks good and comfortable with-just a thoought), anyway, Rex, agonizes about whats with HIS Emma and finds out (in HIS world) so now he's not only lost his mother, but a child as well, screws his courage to the sticking post and tells his dad, who pulls him into a pvt. room, verbally does "ok" with him-not great in my opinion, then walks out. I realize they're only at the "high-5" part of their relationship, but SOMETIME that has to evolve,come on Michael, and writers-your kid just lost your grandchild, a nice warm and fuzzy hug would be in order Mr. hardened police detective who saves his warm and fuzzies for mornings with Hannah only??? Where is this second chance? It's ONLY with Hannah, it seems he has very little compassion and teaches Rex little compassion, I know guys are weird, but come on...I know I'm ranting, my rants get raves...And while I'm on the subject of fathers, Jackson Brody seems to try harder, but falls down there too. Lets put Jason in a role where he can be the great dad we know he actually IS. He was AWFUL as Lucius, he was a mediocre uncle at best in Brotherhood, he tried to be a friend to what was her name as Charlie Beck, but didn't do so hot, Peter Pan-HA! Nothing he's doing this summer qualifies. OOOH, I know, A Monster Calls, That was masterful, but not the daddy role, but masterful and powerful, and FOR teenagers. I'd like to see him be a good daddy, to a kid of his own, not a make believe grandchild that may or may not be a reality. I want him to be a lot better with Rex. No use crying over spilt milk now, footage in the can. I guess I expected much better from Michael, and I knew they'd never move_"who lives in Oregon"? ln

thunder

Post by thunder » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:41 pm

They're taking it step by step. Rex came to his father to talk in this episode. That's progress. And they unedrstood each other when they talked, Rex trusted his father, and they didn't feel awkward. Hugging would be out of character for both of them. (That would have been really cheesy). You can see the relationship between father and son grow, it's very sublte, but it's there. Well written, great acting. :hands

Angel Tavington

Post by Angel Tavington » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:32 pm

Hey I'm so curious to know what Michael wants to say to his wife LOL I surely won't miss the next episode.

~me

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:16 pm

Interesting. The trailer had us thinking Rex was involved in some case Michael was working on, and it wasn't that at all.
Loved the interaction between Michael and Emma. So sweet {but, *sniff* a tearjerker :-( }.
Wish I could obtain more pictures of Michael in full police gear. Jason makes Kevlar look so sexy. :adore :brows

~ML :loco :brows :cool:

Return to “Awake”