Movember - Jason Isaacs/Facial Hair

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Re: Movember - Jason Isaacs/Facial Hair

Post by thunder » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:44 pm

Second category:

Tavington was kind of a bonus, but he had to shave for a reason, right?
(I probably forgot someone)

I think Hook is in the lead on the first one. :D

ln419

Post by ln419 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:05 pm

Well, I've already cast my vote on any and all facial hair, as long as I get to see his eyes, I just want to know if it's only MY computer, but is Lucius's hair tinged GREEN for a reason, like he's from Slytherine? ln

laurielove
Location: Probably somewhere in a ruggedly fandabydozy part of England

Post by laurielove » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:21 pm

ln419 wrote:Well, I've already cast my vote on any and all facial hair, as long as I get to see his eyes, I just want to know if it's only MY computer, but is Lucius's hair tinged GREEN for a reason, like he's from Slytherine? ln
Ha, ln! Too much Elf in his diet, possibly?

Have no fear, I think it's just the colour cast.

I try to resist the lure of Tavy, but ... umm ... yeah ... that shaving shot is a hard one to ... umm ... tear my eyes from ... :adore

Thanks, Thunder, for compiling all that. That took some time and some Jason lovin'.

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:03 pm

Umm...*blinks*... umm... This is way too hard for me. hah! Thanks, Thunder.

Blergh. Elf. I can't imagine Elf would taste too good. Rather stringy, I bet. But...a roasted snagleknorck might be yummy. lol.

1. Tavy & Lucius are tied for me... sorry, the lure of the long hair is overwhelming combined with the stubble.
2. Michael Caffee
3. Isn't there a Jackson with stubble? Wasn't he stubbly in one of Char's photos from the new episodes? If not, Michael B.

ln419

Post by ln419 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:18 pm

Well, well, what do we here? In the KITCHEN, it's not so green, in-ter-esting...but stupid, why is the cheap laptop a better pic than the one upstairs? Lucius only had Dobby all his life, he wasn't green (that I noticed), he was in every way an enslaved child. Wasn't there some essay by Upton Sinclar about eating babies about how that'd get rid of the population explosion (I think it was written in the 60's) about how nice and tender they are...something I remember learning in HS that I haven't recently Googled... Na, I just think it's the lighting in the office...maybe it's just that Lucius was jealous of everything he felt that he didn't have (which was everything). I want more pictues of his eyes (when they're open). Thunder, can ya do just eyes and let us guess who the eyes belong to??? LN

thunder

Post by thunder » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:34 am

I think it's hard to pick favorite stubble.... Michael Caffee, maybe? Allthough, there was a reason I sneaked in Tavington. :mrgreen:
ln419 wrote: I want more pictues of his eyes (when they're open). Thunder, can ya do just eyes and let us guess who the eyes belong to??? LN
:idea: Quiz! viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4579

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:09 am

Excellent work, Thunder! Thanks for the diversions!

thunder

Post by thunder » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:25 pm

It was a pure pleasure to do :D

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:15 am

Oh, it's just so hard to decide on merely one. *sighs* Michael Caffee...Michael Britten, and Lucius, fer sure.
*handingoutdroolbuckets*

~ML :adore :loco :brows :cool: :hands :woot :yip ::rofl :wheee :hug
P.S. Keep 'em comin'.

KissInAboxx

Post by KissInAboxx » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:43 pm

Holy wowsers.. I've been off this site too long..

Can I pic them all? I pick them all.. Alright.. fine.. Hook, Tavi.. Waylon.. yeah..and all of them.. I will keep them all in my pocket so I can look at them and squee and smile..
He's such a doll.. and facial hair.. I'd flail if I weren't so friggin pregnant..

SeattleMel

Post by SeattleMel » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:02 pm

I am going to simplify ans say "Row 2" from the scruff/stubble category.

Its like shopping, right? Buy one and get the other three on the row for free?

Seriously, knowing the movies/shows, I cant really separate out the character's personalities from influencing my emotional response to the picture.

servalan

Post by servalan » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:35 pm

I just noticed this thread, and it seems like a nice coincidence because a lot of British men (famous and not famous) are growing facial hair for November in support of specifically male cancer awareness, to encourage men (who are notorious for ignoring warning signs) to make sure they check themselves regularly. A great cause!

Of all the hairy Jason roles, I like Hook best. I just love the long curls with the beard.

I am not really a fan of semi-shaved. Give me a proper moustache or moustache and beard. Otherwise, please shave!

BethMI

Post by BethMI » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:42 am

As I've been working to catch up on the entire forum (since I missed a bit with the family things and then the holidays), I finally found this thread. So, I'll cast my little votes in for the two categories. I separated the facial hair and stubble priorities. {grins} I love his image clean shaven, stubbly, rough, and with facial hair. Long hair and short are both good too. Sometimes the "make up" and hair might look off ... but his performance makes no matter what look it is ... work.

Facial Hair:
#1 ~ Hook ... Oh definitely the dear Captain Hook.
#2a ~ Briggs (I know a lot of jokes were made about how he ended up with facial hair in Green Zone, but I happened to think it looked great. Maybe that was because I spent a lot of time around military guys, and they would try to get away with whatever they could get away with not shaving. LOL
#2b ~ Lord Felton from Dragonheart. The only thing that usually turns me away from the facial hair in that movie is that the long hair really looked ratty or fried half the time. At least that is how I remember it. Maybe I should go put that DVD back in (since I don't have a VCR anymore for my VHS copy original :bawl ).
#3 ~ Perez

Stubble:
I think I have a harder time picking a favorite in this category. There are several that I enjoyed just about the same. A lot of that is because the performances in those movies and TV series were excellent. The stubble added to the character that he was wonderfully portraying, good or evil.

So I will say that it is a tie between Lucius and Tavington for the top spot. For second place I would go with: Michael B, Michael C (hmmm he's played a few Michael's), and I'd add Jackson Brodie to that because he is a bit rough/stubbly in some of it.

~Beth (Michigan)

Return to “General Forum”