Old Costumes?

A catch-all for older favourites.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes, LadyLucius

Malfoy Grandma

Old Costumes?

Post by Malfoy Grandma » Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:02 am

:?: I keep seeing many pictures of JI in his "Catholic Priest" shirt, the one from Last Don II and End of the Affair. He wears it often. It certainly is a good-looking shirt, without the white stiffener along the front of the collar. Does this mean he might have bought it for himself, or whatever! I would not have known the construction of such collarless black shirts except for the scene where Christy Alley removes the white inset before she kisses him. Are there other costume pieces he seems to favor?

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:35 pm

His street clothes have a tendency to end up on film, like Brotherhood -- I'm pretty sure that leather jacket is his own -- and Nine Lives, just to name a few.

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:56 pm

MG, while I think that Gillian is right about JI's clothing sometimes ending up on screen, I don't think the opposite is true--he's joked in interviews about trying to snag things from various projects, only to be shot down in disappointment.
As you observed, there wasn't a whole lot about Father Luca's shirt that was different from any other black shirt, bar the Roman (aka "dog") collar--I think he just likes black shirts.

BUT
I'm totally guessing. :ninja

Return to “Jason Isaacs's Film, TV and Theatre Library”