Nouvelle-France

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

fruitbat

Re: Nouvelle-France

Post by fruitbat » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:21 am

Apolologies in advance. This is one of those posts that is only tangentially related to Jason. Our man portrayed, (briefly), Major General James Wolfe, in the film Nouvelle France.

My employer, The University of Toronto, has acquired General Wolfe's letters, over 200.

We made the national paper! Image
The Globe and Mail

However, UofT's own media link click includes a video that tells us more about the man.

I might add here that when I was London this past summer, I saw the memorial to Wolfe in Westminster Abbey.

End of OT sharing.

Jacq58

Post by Jacq58 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:01 pm

Thank you! I watched the video and read the article and comments. I hope the University can have them digitalized soon.

revenante

Post by revenante » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:43 am

Man, he loves a wig!! :D

If anyone is in the South East of England, apart from visiting me (!) you can also drop into James Wolfe's childhood home Quebec House in Westerham, Kent. Somehow I doubt there is anything JI-related there, so just one for you history buffs...

http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/quebec-house/

ln419

Post by ln419 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:04 am

I think for the most part, he mostly uses wigs like tattoos, (and other 'props') to help him solidify and center that character. (Except for Charlie Beck, his was a MUST have whether we liked it or not). Or even bald, it's the chameleon in him coming out to playyyy! ~ellen :hands

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:21 am

I think the wig was required in this case too. It's probably the most unfitted wig he's ever had on. Looks like something out of a cheap costume hire shop. :lol

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:24 pm

I feel bad when Jason gets called to a last minute shoot and gets some piece of road kill thrown on his head - poor guy.

ln419

Post by ln419 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:58 am

Ya know, I STILL don't get it, truely I don't. In the wig business for religious women...women with beaucoup bucks have their wig makers size their heads, that is-they take precise measurements of the heads (many of them keep their heads shaved, no...I'm NOT getting into that, I don't get it, suffice it to say it's a done thing, but Jason's hair is quite short, I'm just not sure how thick it is, I'm sure it's ok to do this with him), so they measure the head, which RARELY changes circumferences or length, doesn't get fatter or thinner... and voila! Stick the measurements on a file in a computer with his name on it. He needs a wig and is cast...all anyone needs to do is ask, and his keppe need NOT be present-exact measurements are detailed for precise fits. All these poor fitting off the shelf wig things seem absurd to me, although I completely understand indie budgets. But THAT'S a whole other kettle of fish. ~ellen

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:45 am

The wigs are usually made by hand... and it's quite expensive. He was only in this for a couple of minutes, and I don't think they had the highest budget. ;-)

Return to “General Forum”