Case Histories Series 2 DVD

Based on the popular and critically acclaimed novels by Kate Atkinson, this mini-series was shot on location in Edinburgh and was quickly followed by a second season.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

crawfoc99

Re: Case Histories Series 2 DVD

Post by crawfoc99 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:35 pm

thunder wrote:Got it today! (Still waiting for Sweetwater and Civvies). Extra on the DVD is the JI video diaries, although I haven't checked it out yet. :D
Thanks for the heads up Thunder that the video diaries are included as extras on the UK Case Histories 2 DVD set. Nice one Beeb!

Fingers crossed I get mine next week (takes a bit longer to get to Oz).

Hooroo,
Carole

BethMI

Post by BethMI » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:09 pm

Do the region one DVD's tend to have the same extras as the UK ones? If not, I think I'm going to have to buy the UK one as the US one. I was trying to wait until the US one was available, but if you guys got extras we don't ... then I'm going to have to buy both.

~Beth (Michigan)

crawfoc99 wrote:
thunder wrote:Got it today! (Still waiting for Sweetwater and Civvies). Extra on the DVD is the JI video diaries, although I haven't checked it out yet. :D
Thanks for the heads up Thunder that the video diaries are included as extras on the UK Case Histories 2 DVD set. Nice one Beeb!

Fingers crossed I get mine next week (takes a bit longer to get to Oz).

Hooroo,
Carole

ln419

Post by ln419 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:10 pm

Beth, I'm willing to bet the US won't have the extras, they never do, so I got both. Now I've finally gotten all 3 new Jason things, all with their trademark little doggie teethmarks all over them; no, I have no clue. She's 9, she can't STILL be teething...she 'marks' Jason's movies for me, I don't get it, I just laugh at her!
I thought the only time Jackson was correct with women was with Louise at the end. It was a rightous call, he didn't deserve a thwap on the head for it, and I don't think he wanted a hug. She might have been pissed, but she should have understood a lot more, she had the information to understand what he said, and had known him long enough to accept those words, she knew something was wrong in her gut, gotta go with your gut...
*and where did that ring tone come from? I felt like I was going to reach for the phone on my parents wall when I was a teen-ager, Jason must be nostalgic or something! Haven't heard it in many years! It was good to hear it again-Thanks for that! :D LN

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:41 pm

Recd my DVD yesterday, and watched all 3 eps in a row, last evening. Used the closed caption so I could concentrate on plot and not mumbles ....luved Jackson and the stories. Watched all the extras and found Jason's Diaries fun (they always are)

On a side note, a few years ago I purchased both the UK and the US (REGION 2/ Region 1)
There were differences, especially the US Region 1 was all different music.

BethMI

Post by BethMI » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:27 pm

Amazon is still telling me that the US version isn't being shipped. What the heck? Did it ever show in the US because I couldn't find it ever.

I was trying to hold off on buying the UK version, but I don't think I'm going to have a choice now. I'd rather pay extra to at least watch it! :bang

~Beth~ (MI, USA)

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:33 pm

Nope. Still hasn't shown here. We're waiting for KPBS to list CH on it's schedule. :snore

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:27 pm

It has been madening. If they arn't going to show it - sell the damn DVD already........ :bat

BethMI

Post by BethMI » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:22 pm

I'm with you there, Marie. I am sure that is why they are holding out ... since it hasn't aired ... but dangit ... we've been waiting for a lot of extra months already. I want to see it too. It's not that I don't have anything against watching it on TV, but they should have it all figured out by now.

~Beth~ (Michigan, USA)

Marie wrote:It has been madening. If they arn't going to show it - sell the damn DVD already........ :bat

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:23 pm

Just got my monthly reminder from Amazon that Case Histories has still not been released. I'll probably fall off my chair the month Amazon tells me the opposite.

Marie

Post by Marie » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:43 pm

I'll be there on the floor with you Helen!

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:44 am

The Region 1 version of Case Histories 1 had totally different music than the UK/Region 2 original....maybe that is what is holding up the Region 1 for Case History second season...just a thought

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:03 am

Helen, I know, right? I always want to email back and say, Why don't you just email me when it does ship instead?

i don't know if it's the music. I suspect it's because PBS hasn't seemed to pick it up. Maybe they don't want to make R1 version if they think that it won't be shown on US tv. Cheapskates.

Marie

Post by Marie » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:36 am

The stupid thing is - we need the DVD more than ever since they aren't showing it on US TV. Idiots.

ln419

Post by ln419 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:31 pm

I apologize for saying this, but I really feel that being a Jason fan, you have to be able to play region 2 videos-period. He's just a bigger star in the UK than here to date, maybe that'll change with this new ABC thing he's doing, whatever it is, IF it gets picked up, and is sustained- I can't figure it any other way. Even though I doubt Awake will ever be released, even LOOKING at Amazon.uk there is more hope than on Amazon.com-silly really. It was just easier to get CH2 on region 2 and not break my head over it, sorry...~ellen :bag:

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:26 pm

Don't have a region 2 DVD player. Don't want to spend the money to get one. So. I wait.

Return to “Case Histories”