Jason tweets!

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

revenante

Jason tweets!

Post by revenante » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:24 am

However, I wouldn't get too excited - looks like it's going to be an annual thing for him given (a) the content of the message itself, and (b) that his last message was sent on 4 January 2012...

For anyone who doesn't *do* Twitter, or doesn't follow Jason (@jasonsfolly), here is the full glorious message, sent at 9.14am on 1 January 2014:-

"Happy New Year's resolutions to all the faithful follyers. Mine is to tweet less and eat only carbs. Have an ace year x"

I can live with that! :hands

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Re: Jason tweets!

Post by Marie » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:33 am

LOL - Didn't he say last year that his goal was to eat less carbs?

ln419

Post by ln419 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:35 pm

Well, I guess if one year he EATS carbs, and the next he DOESN'T, it sorta equals itself out-doesn't it? (actually, it doesn't, but he'll have to figure THAT out himself) ;-)

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:08 pm

I don't think it's possible for him to tweet less, is it? :shock:

amy223

Post by amy223 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:51 pm

Ha! "follyers." Clever.

It also took me about 20 minutes to figure out why the heck he spelled "followers" without the other o and its partner w.

*sigh* My 2014 resolution is to have less brain synaptic misfirings.

BethMI

Post by BethMI » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:51 am

ROFL Amy! {hugs} Thanks for the smile.

I have to say I agree with someone else who said that how could he tweet less. Hmmm ... I'm wonder if he has a "secret" Twitter account. ROFL. Just Kidding.

~Beth~ (Michigan, USA)

amy223 wrote:Ha! "follyers." Clever.

It also took me about 20 minutes to figure out why the heck he spelled "followers" without the other o and its partner w.

*sigh* My 2014 resolution is to have less brain synaptic misfirings.

ln419

Post by ln419 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:45 pm

WOW, he's really getting down to business (or his publicist is)...check out the updated 'defination' of 'jasonsfolly'...kicks butt to thise who are harassing him....good for him....but I'm sorry it had to happen. ~ ellen

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:29 pm

Ha! I just checked his description. Aww...I love that guy. Jason for the win! :woot

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:54 pm

Himself is just rockin' twitter tonite! The Man has uploaded Tavy pix! Dear gods, it's fabulous. I don't want him to stop, because the inside pix are wicked cool, but I am afraid that if he posts Capt Hook pics at some point, it might be the end of me. *swoons* :woot

I do hope that he's having fun with it (now that he's sorted the trolls) and it's not just a pr chore for him.

*whispers* and can I just say he uploaded one of my favorite (how much can I overuse this word this week?) pix of Tavy (hair down, by the river, looking completely annoyed)? If he uploads any of the heart-wrenching scene in the tent where Corwallis dresses him down, there may be a very loud fangirl squee.

ln419

Post by ln419 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:03 am

...thought I heard something, just wasn't sure exactly what it was. Now I know ( :huh ) ;-) . I'm SO glad he seems to be having a great time with twitter. Knew it was only going to be a matter of time. :D ~ellen

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:34 am

We are lucky he is still tweeting....

amy223

Post by amy223 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:12 pm

True confession: I've worried about Jason a bit this summer. I don't get the mean people--this is an incredibly kind and peaceful human being, with a good heart (based on everything I've ever seen, not having had the pleasure of meeting him in person or knowing him personally). I was worried they'd run him off social media (true confession #2: About 10 years ago, I let myself get run off the internet for about a year by a scary, mean person, so maybe this was just my own internet bad flashbacks popping up), and I also wanted to pat his hand and make sure they weren't hurting his feelings. (Two different friends, one with a brother in the tv/film industry, both reminded me: he's an actor, Amy. His skin is 2,000 miles thick...but still! Stop being mean to people, people! Unnecessary to get your point across.)

But I just finished reading through his recent twitter interactions about the Labour Party gala dinner and decided: Oh, Jason's got this--I really admire how calmly he handles all the twitter instigators. And sometimes with just one word! Heroic. Nothing short of heroic. (God knows I can't do it online--I have to take deep breaths and sleep on it and do drafts and stuff before I respond.) I'm all for blocking people, too. Other people have the right to not like him for whatever...and he has the right not to listen to the harassment/hatred when he logs onto his social media accounts. Having been harassed on the internet once, I was high fiving Jason SO hard when he finally started blocking and deleting. It's the classy, bigger thing to do--because here in the South we have a saying: you can't argue with crazy. (I think that's actually said all over the place, but we like to claim it because we have a lot--a LOT--of crazy here.)

I've enjoyed his tweets and instagram posts this summer--I hope he keeps doing it, even if he has nothing to officially promote. I love it when he shares his personal pictures from the various films he's made. And I've loved the DIG pictures--fascinating!

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:07 pm

I think he'll be ok, although I do worry a teeny bit that he might lose his cool & perhaps respond in a fit of temper at some of those folks. I'm about 99.5% sure he won't, but it's the .5% that gets you every time.

ln419

Post by ln419 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:52 pm

There's one that I wish he'd boot already (ts)...enough of her already Google her, she harasses EVERY celeb. ~ellen :tchuh:

LadySekhmet

Post by LadySekhmet » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:54 pm

Soooooo...I wonder how long it will be before one of Jason's twitter friends challenges him for the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge? :cool: The Marvel Crew has been issuing/accepting challenges left and right. Will the Harry Potter alums be next? Tom Hiddleston challenged Helena Bonham-Carter (and Cumberbatch/ Luke Evans)- she might be the 1st of the Harry Potter folks.

Return to “General Forum”