Episode 9: Jehoshaphat

Jason plays Peter, an FBI agent who investigates the murder of an archaeologist in Jerusalem. While doing this, he uncovers a 2000 year old conspiracy. The event series was filmed on location in Jerusalem, before the production had to move to Croatia and New Mexico.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Episode 9: Jehoshaphat

Post by thunder » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:07 pm

Promotional photos here:
http://www.scifivision.org/multimedia/p ... 09-4-30-15

There's no one of Peter, maybe the were too "spoilerish". :scratch
An ancient religious sect completes all of the pieces to enact their deadly plans. Peter’s attempt at preventing the impending catastrophe thrusts him into partnership with unlikely allies Lynn realizes the depth of the conspiracy during her investigation into Ambassador Ridell, who is expecting a package from the States. . Meanwhile, Golan tries to crack more clues from the Donaldson case. An emboldened Avram realizes what needs to be done and makes a move to protect his valuable asset.
Originally posted: http://seriable.com/dig-1-09-jehoshapha ... z3XhIQbJYP

thunder

Re: Episode 9: Jehoshaphat

Post by thunder » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:33 am

Promo (region blocked): http://www.usanetwork.com/dig/videos/promo-jehoshaphat

Apparently rubbing mud in the wound after being shot in the chest works miracles. Hope it was sanitized. :scratch

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:34 am

Miracle Mud perhaps? ;-)

thunder

Post by thunder » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:11 am

:mrgreen: Sounds great. Should definitely trademark that.

Tosca Nini

Post by Tosca Nini » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:01 am

If that Miracle Mud works on Peter, maybe I should have some of it with pita. Will have to get a good look at it. Perhaps cuttlefish ink? Or black beans purée?

amy223

Post by amy223 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:58 pm

Oh, ha! yes...I just posted about the miracle mud over in the Dinah thread. Could TOTALLY happen (no, seriously. maybe).

Jehoshaphat--his name means "God judges." There's a valley in Jerusalem called "Valley of Jehosaphat." It's mentioned in the Bible, and it's where God is supposed to gather all the nations of the world to judge them. In modern day Jerusalem, there really is a Valley of Jehosaphat, and it's a Jewish burial ground, from the 2nd Temple period. (It's actually called Kidron Valley, and it's on the eastern side of the Old City of Jerusalem, and it separates the Temple Mount from the Mount of Olives--the Mt. of Olives being a sacred place for Christians, because it's where Jesus supposedly ascended into Heaven.)

Jehoshaphat was a King of Judah (at one point, Israel was split into two kingdoms--Judah to the south/Israel to the north). He defeated the nations of Moab, Ammon, and Edom.

In addition to all of that, I just had a really interesting comment in my last blog entry today from my sweet friend Anonymous, who also told me the Valley of Jehoshaphat is located right outside Temple Mount (and is where the Last Judgment will take place). The other thing Anonymous said was that, in the Bible, when Jehoshaphat was King, the Moabites & Edomites sent a coalition to attack him. He let them fight and kill each other, then collected all the spoils. Maybe DIG's "Jehoshaphat" is manipulating the Rabbi & the Essenes into fighting one another...so he can collect all the spoils.

I love it when people collaborate with me on my geeky research projects--I say two ( or more) brains are always superior to my one tired brain.

Just some stuff for you all to chew on leading up to Thursday. (Seriously though, Gideon Raff or Tim Kring are going to need to send me a Sympathy card if they kill off any more of favorite people.) :D

PS~I don't know who here visits the DIG stuff on my blog, but I'm pretty much going to just copy/paste everything I just wrote here into my Jehoshaphat research entry...I was going to research the Temple Mount for this week, but this feels juicier. Also, I think I keep putting off the Temple Mount stuff because it seems so volatile--a lot of high emotions/politics tied to that place. Jason clearly did his own in-depth research on it when he noted it's the most hotly contested piece of land in the world. It is.

thunder

Post by thunder » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:47 am

amy223 wrote: In addition to all of that, I just had a really interesting comment in my last blog entry today from my sweet friend Anonymous, who also told me the Valley of Jehoshaphat is located right outside Temple Mount (and is where the Last Judgment will take place). The other thing Anonymous said was that, in the Bible, when Jehoshaphat was King, the Moabites & Edomites sent a coalition to attack him. He let them fight and kill each other, then collected all the spoils. Maybe DIG's "Jehoshaphat" is manipulating the Rabbi & the Essenes into fighting one another...so he can collect all the spoils.
This is very interesting. Can't wait to find out... although, I won't have time to see this episode before Sunday. :???:

thunder

Post by thunder » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:14 pm

Promo that I could watch without anything extra:
https://twitter.com/DIGonUSA/status/593479647527968768

Is this a new one? I thought there was something new in there, but maybe I didn't pay enough attention the first time.

Tosca Nini

Post by Tosca Nini » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:12 am

Dear Lord! Just had my first vision of the Miracle Mud! And miraculous it is indeed, as Peter is on his feet rather quickly. Perhaps the clay sucks the bullet? Or the Essenes perform surgery on Peter and then apply the mud?
Problem is, it doesn't exactly look delicious (the mud). I wonder how I'm going to replicate that, but with an appealing taste. Will be testing tonight with pulp from black beans and other ingredients...

Thanks Thunder, for the clip. Is it my impression or Peter is talking to Margrove on the phone? :?: :?: :?: Not so baddie after all?

thunder

Post by thunder » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:15 am

From the promo they showed in the Tavis Smiley interview, it looked like Margrove has second thoughts. But after seeing him killing his assistant with a drill in a photo on the USA network site, I fear that it might be a set-up. I don't think he's so nice. :uhoh

The Dead Sea Mud is apparently very good for the skin... probably something like that - with extra ingredients? Not something I would have eaten... :mrgreen:

Promos here - I think they are all region blocked:
http://www.tvequals.com/2015/04/29/excl ... ove-maybe/
http://www.theworkprint.com/watch-dig-g ... k-clip/123
http://www.tvfanatic.com/videos/dig-clip-jehoshaphat/

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:02 pm

In the third link, I couldn't get one piece of dialogue near the end:

"You will bring ________ to yourself . . . and the world."

Link two has the ambassador meeting Tad: YIKES!!! nuke.gif

marilaine

Post by marilaine » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:08 pm

Jake slitting Debbie's throat was disturbing. Is this kid a clone, and susceptible to brainwashing, or is it just me?

~ML :scratch :loco

Tosca Nini

Post by Tosca Nini » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:51 pm

Just cooked something that looks like Miracle Mud. It's delicious! Think I got the right ingredient: Black beans. Plus carrots, tomatos, celery, pumpkin, bay-leaf, olive oil, salt, something spicy, orzo pasta and hake. My dinner. Of course only the black beans, olive oil, salt and bayleaf are necessary to make the mud. The rest is part of my stew.

I'm ready for the live tweet fest today! Tomorrow is a holiday in Portugal!

amy223

Post by amy223 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:59 pm

I had the same thought, Thunder, watching the #9 promos--uuuhhh....I wouldn't trust that greedy Margrove, Peter!

I've been thinking hard since about 3:30 PM today to figure out who's getting killed tonight that I would need tissues to mourn...I think Margrove, but I wouldn't cry over him. I'd cry over the Essene, who I've grown fond of. Or Lynn. Definitely Golan (NO! No! I forbid it!). Avram would be my next big guess.

I think Red is going to be one of the only mammals standing at the end. With Peter. AND GOLAN. ;-)

Tosca, that sounds delicious. Had I been a quick on my feet thinker when I was at the supermarket earlier, I'd have picked up fudge as my Dead Sea mud food-along. :D

Tosca Nini

Post by Tosca Nini » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:13 pm

Chocolate Fudge is good too. Yum!

But I happened to have a can of black beans at home waiting to be called Mud. And am trying to keep the Menu relatively "healthy"...

Forgot to say I also put garlic. And that essential for the Mud confection.

Perhaps Fudge for an alternative Dig Sweet Menu.

Return to “Dig”