A Cure for Wellness (New project)

Jason Isaacs plays the lead doctor of a wellness centre, where a young executive is sent to retrieve his boss. No one seems to want to leave this wellness centre, and the young man (Dane DeHaan) discovers that nothing is like it seems at first sight.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

fruitbat

Re: A Cure for Wellness (New project)

Post by fruitbat » Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:04 pm

Am I the only one who looked at that castle and thought "Hogwarts"? (Am I the only one who just spent the last week reading Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone to my nephew? We finished the last chapter in the car an hour. I can't wait to watch the movies with him.)

(End of thread-nap :hit )

servalan

Post by servalan » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:38 pm

I have seen real castles like that on the Rhine. I have photos of a lovely fairy-tale castle with turrets in Vianden, Luxembourg. (If you google Vianden, the first thing it shows you is the castle.)

Hogwarts always make me think of Durham Castle, which is part of my old university, and is lived in by students. You can stay there during university vacations.

Tosca Nini

Post by Tosca Nini » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:37 am

Oh, my God, there seems to be more drama and horror behind the scenes of A Cure for Wellness than on camera:

http://www.purepeople.com/article/shia- ... _a163164/1

If you can figure out what is written in this article, you'll notice that Shia LaBoeuf is still in "Fury" mode...
And they are sleeping (and fighting!?) in Tubingen, for the Hohenzollern filming.

What the movie really needed was a papparazzi scandal... Kids!!! Behave!!!!
Hope Jackson Brody puts some sense on these people...

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:34 am

I'm not surprised Shia is causing a stir - still he must be talented for films to keep hiring him! Jason must be rolling his eyes!

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:32 am

According to this, a fire broke out on set. What I gathered from this (my German is terrible) was that they were filming a fire for the film, but it came out of control. Luckily, no one was hurt.
http://www.swp.de/hechingen/lokales/bis ... 98,3408135

servalan

Post by servalan » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:10 pm

I used Google translate (to get some very odd English!) It said there were 100 people on site, but nobody was hurt, "the crew escaped with a fright". If I read it correctly, the fire took hours to put out.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:10 pm

BabelFish translation . . . if you could call it that:

During the filming for the Horrorthriller \"A cure for Wellness\" on the castle still everything went smoothly. " When recording in the Studio Babelsberg gab\ there is now a good scare for the film crew: fire broke out.

US star Director Gore Verbinski is touring for weeks by all over Germany, the perfect scenes for his new Horrorthriller \"A cure for Wellness\" to turn. " Twelve days in July, the film crew was on the Castle Hohenzollern as guest. The public was excluded completely, hermetically sealed off the Castle, even strollers were allowed to approach still her dog. More than fancy limousines with dark tinted Windows did not see the curious. At least not on location, the castle itself. Because while up here all kept quite covered, the actor of Jason Isaacs, Dane DeHaan and Mia Goth gave themselves in front of their hotel in Tübingen quite accessible and readily autographs.

Director Gore Verbinski housed all the scenes as planned. After the last valve he was relieved and happy. Closely cut the shooting schedule had can be finally respected despite some weather. Also raved about the Americans about the unique ambiance of the Castle and the great collaboration with the Castle team. And while almost day and night was filmed, the fire brigade was Bisingen the departments of rooms and bisingen - the fire at the Castle safe. \"A cure for Wellness\" is produced by the Studio Babelsberg, in Potsdam. And the movie people are currently also working there. How quickly a fire it may be asked, was now on the weekend. A controlled fire - a pretty special effects - should break out, but the flames spread to other parts of the scenery. A large contingent of firefighters had to move on, the usage hours. The exact amount of damages has not yet been set.

When the fire broke out, were probably about 100 people on the set in Potsdam. No one was injured, the film crew was with the horrors.

BabelFish only allows about a sentence and a half per translation, so this was exhausting, switching back and forth between the article and BabelFish. :snore

thunder

Post by thunder » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:32 pm

Thanks for the translation work, Servalan and Helen :D

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:35 pm

BabelFish translations are so amusing to read sometimes!

Glad to hear no one got hurt!

Thanks for the translations!

thunder

Post by thunder » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:55 pm

I found a review of the screen play here (some spoilers, probably):
http://scriptshadow.net/halloween-week- ... -wellness/

The movie can change a lot from the script. But it gave some more info about the story, I thought.
:D

Tosca Nini

Post by Tosca Nini » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:13 am

Thanks much, Thunder, that a really great find!

Tosca Nini

Post by Tosca Nini » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:51 am

Does anyone know if this is an official poster for A Cure for Wellness?

https://vk.com/isaacstown?z=photo-36704 ... 3_00%2Frev

And, just a question, do the people in Isaacstown have any link with the Lost Girls Forum?

thunder

Post by thunder » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:32 pm

I don't know, but I think if it's an official poster, that it would be poster everywhere else as well... The Lost Girls and Isaacstown are only linked in the way that we are all JI fans. :D

Tosca Nini

Post by Tosca Nini » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:15 am

A Cure for Wellness has a new release date - 24 March 2017 (aiii, so far away... :gah: )

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:35 am

:snore

Return to “A Cure For Wellness”