Gaahhh! Jason is comin to Portugal's Comic Con!!!!

Comic-Con et al.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Re: Gaahhh! Jason is comin to Portugal's Comic Con!!!!

Post by Helen8 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:26 am

Go, Girl!! :wheee

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:32 pm

Good luck, Tosca :D

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:23 pm

He may remember you from Twitter. You were pretty active during DIG and he even responded to your tweets.
Definitely mention you are a Lost Girl and you were being coached by many of us :mrgreen:

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:09 pm

Tosca, how'd it go?

Tosca Nini

Post by Tosca Nini » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:34 am

Hi fruitbat,

It went very well. I haven't been able to descend from the clouds, yet. The experience of meeting our man was so overwhelming that I'm gathering my thoughts in order to be able to make a proper description.

But I can start by saying that my first Jason connected action was to buy the autograph, photo and Meet & Greet tickets.
They cost 20, 30 and 100 euros respectively. The people who sold them were very happy for selling them, as very few
participants were buying Meet & Greet tickets. Everyone at the Comic Con was incredibly nice, Porto people are spectacular at
receiving visitors and tourists. I became an instant fan of the place.

The Event was impeccably organised, something that is not always easy to find here in Portugal.
Then I started looking for Harry Potter merchandise. I found nothing at all and was a bit disappointed.
I wanted a Griffindor scarf and something Hufflepuffian, as I'm a genuine Hufflepuff (by heart, and by sorting at Pottermore).
Later in the day I discovered the place where the merchandise was being sold, and that I bypassed completely before meeting
JI. It was too late then, almost everything HP had been sold.

The queue to enter the Event was the biggest I had seen in my life, and it took me 1 hour from arrival to get the bracelet for the Weekend pass.
Meanwhile I was surrounded by strange characters that I couldn't recognise, apart from one or other. But one I could recognise was The Joker.
These Jokers were so well behaved, as were the monsters, Picachu's, ladies in scant outfits, Frozen princesses, Jedis.
I had never seen so many young people together, and for an instant I thought: what am I doing here? I feel old and don't recognise
the majority of characters... But as the queue started to advance my sense of belonging there increased. Some people with
true grey hair were also around, and nobody looked at me as if I was an oddity. So I cheered up and accepted my bracelet
happily. I was on and followed my plan. It was JI's day, excitement started to pour over me.

Meanwhile I was deviated sometimes by the Star Wars Rogue One show. I knew another of my idols (Ben Daniels) has a brief part
as an X-Wing pilot in Rogue One, so I investigated thoroughly the Star Wars parafernalia and found a Lego X-Wing.
Brian Muir (the Darth Vader designer/creator) was at the Star Wars booth and Storm Troopers were all around.

Looking for the Harry Potter instalations I found a photo replica of the Lello Bookshop staircase (which was supposed
to inspire JKRowling's Flourish and Blotts and Hogwarts staircase, more about that later). But there wasn't very much.
It was a bit disappointing, the Harry Potter showing.

At 14:30 I went to the queue for JI's autograph. My, there was already a huge queue! I thought, he won't have the time to
go through all of us! And here I leave my story, until the next time...
Perhaps later today...

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:05 am

What, cliffhanger?!

In your own time.... :cafe

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:45 pm

The buildup to the encounter. Gosh, Tosca. You have me salivating for more!!!

Tosca Nini

Post by Tosca Nini » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:20 pm

And you have no idea what I'm doing at the moment! Suggested by Himself! ;-)

I may go to jail though...

Bless him, solved all my problems!

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:21 pm

Well now we are all really intrigued............. More more!!!!! :woot

fruitbat

Post by fruitbat » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:15 pm

Tosca Nini wrote:And you have no idea what I'm doing at the moment! Suggested by Himself! ;-)

I may go to jail though...

Bless him, solved all my problems!

Tosca Nini

Post by Tosca Nini » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:03 pm

Right, let's restart where I left off...

The autographs queue: finding the end of the queue was no easy task. It was like a serpent with many turns that was always growing.
But I found it and grabbed my place, not fiercely, because everybody was behaving well, respecting their places, but with
determination. There were many girls and boys dressed with Hogwarts mantles, scarfs, ties, etc. And I really asked myself
where did they get all that? I haven't got anything dressed, I want a wand!
At 15:10, we were given entry to the autographs zone. Now organized as in a check-in airport queue, we watched the clock
pass the 15:15, the supposed starting time... 10 minutes went by and nothing was happening on the signing table.
Murmurs such as "he's late...", "where is he?..." were heard, and I thought, what will be the first thing that comes
to my mind when he appears? Then "Damn Jason, come on, we can't wait any longer..." And a lady, looking very English suddenly
appeared by the table, rushed movements putting stacks of paper on it, everybody looking at the place where he could appear...
Tension, and more tension being felt everywhere...

The apparition, finally! My jaw dropped! He was wearing an elegant long dark blue coat, blue shirt, perfect face and hair,
natural fresh look, it was so obviously Jason Isaacs, better than on films, interviews... Screams from the all around me
were heard (me too, although my jaw wasn't responding very well), strong applause. He took his coat off, I noticed
he was chewing gum, he sat on the table and had a good look at the adoring audience. Something very blue flashed
on his face. The eyes, the eyes were special. But they weren't big, they were slits of blue. His shoulders were broad
but not exaggeratedly, the body perfectly proportioned. Or so I thought! That was what I saw.
Charisma, easiness, cheerfulness, he exuded them all. And yet, he was real, not some fabricated being.
Everything looks natural.

People started climbing the stairs to get the autographs, we were told only one item could be autographed.
But Jason threw the rules overboard and signed everything people wanted him to sign, with his left hand. Quickly signing
books, pictures, a Malfoy cane, shirts, whatever. A handshake to everyone, a smile, a quick word saying the persons name,
and something kind, people left the table happy hugging their beloved signed item. We had all payed 20 euros for it,
not cheap for Portuguese standards. I thought, how can he do this so quickly, so easily? When he describes himself, he says he's
clumsy, the family idiot that forgets to put the garbage out? What I'm seeing is a highly professional guy, absolutely in control
of what he is doing, nothing is clumsy at all.

My moment arrives finally and I climb the stairs. At the table I chose to have his supplied Lucius Malfoy photo autographed.
What name do you want in the photo, ask the main organizing guy? I have to chose quickly between my real 2 first names
and my pseudonym. Antónia, I say (my second name). Photo with post-it passes through the English lady (who is probably a translator),
to Jason. The moment he puts his hand off for a handshake I look into his face, shake his hand and show him a piece of
paper with the words (written in bright blue) "I'M A LOST GIRL Tosca Nini". He takes a moment to read it...
"Oh, you're a Lost Girl! You're Tosca Nini!" he says loudly. And he puts his hand over mine. My brain jams completely at this moment, my
mouth open, my eyes are bulging, complete meltdown, I'm starstruck!

More tomorrow, because I'm starstruck again, as I write...

(It's going to take a while, sorry, I know you've all gone through this process, maybe several times, but I think it was my first and only
meeting with him)

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:36 pm

I LOVE reading about the first encounters...more....please :hands

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:26 am

Tosca, how wonderful. And if you are not writing professionally, then you've missed your calling. I can imagine every little thing that you saw just from your description.

Keep it up. Loving it. :wheee

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:28 am

I can always tell a good story teller - they always leave you wanting more!!! I love your encounter experience so far.

I tell every fan who debates going to an event to meet Jason - YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT! The man has a way - just makes all his fans love him even more!

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:40 am

AMEN TO THAT!!!

Return to “Conventions”