Gaahhh! Jason is comin to Portugal's Comic Con!!!!

Comic-Con et al.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Re: Gaahhh! Jason is comin to Portugal's Comic Con!!!!

Post by thunder » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:33 pm

Thank you Tosca! Glad you are spreading it out, it's almost too much. :mrgreen:

Tosca Nini

Post by Tosca Nini » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:57 am

Sorry ladies, couldn't continue my story yesterday, as bad work news took me by surprise.

Trying to find the right mood to restart. Watched Cars 2, which may help.

Thank you all so much for your kind comments. I'm by no means a writer, just a meteorologist that likes
to read and has a very odd sense of humour. :hug

thunder

Post by thunder » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:10 am

No problem Tosca, sometimes real life gets in the way. Hope it gets sorted out.

We can watch The OA while we wait for the rest :D

And I have a work Christmas party to go to, so I should get ready for that too... I bet the party will be great once I get there, if I don't fall asleep after one glass of wine... :yip
But right now, I just want to stay home and binge watch the OA in my sweat pants. Instead I have to try to make my self presentable. Hope my colleagues don't expect too much. :oops:

Tosca Nini

Post by Tosca Nini » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:41 am

Awake again after The OA JI's apparition.

Portugal's Comic Con, autographs table, Jason's hand over mine when he realises I'm a Lost Girl. My brain is working strangely.
But I manage to ask if her remembers the Dig Menu. "The Dig Menu, yes!" he says, then "The Lost Girls are wonderful, have you met
personally any of the other Girls?" I say no, only online. Then he mentions Char, "yes, I know her", I say, and he sends greetings
to Char. Meanwhile he lets go of my hand, before I have the impulse to put my other hand over his. Signs his Lucius Malfoy photo.
During all this time I sense my mouth wide open, his voice (absolutely Jason Isaacs voice, all inflexions are there) penetrating my
ears. He smiles all the time, so his blue eyes are only slightly visible. He starts thanking me for the tweets I send him every day.
Bang! I think briefly "Have I been pestering him? Oh God, no!". My silly answer is "Yes, thanks too, I haven't been sending them
so often, they have been more spaced". Christ, why did I say that? I think immediatly, as I detect a little bemusement on his face.
"I'll be at the photo booth" I add, "Great, see you then" Jason closes the conversation.

That's what I can remember from the words we exchanged for the first time.
As I descend the platform steps grinning and hugging my signed photo, I join the crowd that is simply looking at him signing,
all of us with a merry disposition.

Oh, Forgot to mention that he told the translator lady what the Lost Girls were, but I don't remmember the exact words he used.

My mind starts to process what had just happened: I had a first encounter degree with Jason Isaacs, one of my idols and I
became more starstrucked than I had predicted. I didn't tell him, "I absolutely love your work, watch everything you do,
yearn for more, and it's such a great pleasure to be here getting your autograph!" I couldn't say that, because I was incapable
of uttering the words properly. Or maybe because it's implicit in being a Lost Girl that you simply adore his work
(and find him uber gorgeous, cough, cough...). The truth was, I was expecting a less stunning Jason Isaacs!

With all that stuff being said about crumpled shirts and stained polos... He was just so naturally beautiful, none of that matters...

The queue for the Photo Booth was forming right beside the autograph table. Again I grabbed my place at the end of the queue,
which was much smaller, and was able to follow all of JI's movements. At a certain point, a Battenberg cake is presented to him.
As the number of people going for autographs starts to decrease, he spends more time talking to each person. "Damn" I thought
"the trick is to join more near the end", but how could I know that? We were so many initially, we feared not to get an autograph
at all.

Jason spends the last moments at the table with a little girl, daughter of one of the organisation's ladies. After selfies with her, he gets
up, takes a piece of the Battenberg cake and puts it whole in his mouth. People cheer and laugh. He waves goodbye, we wave back and
applaud, he puts his long coat on (this coat is somewhat important for me...) and takes a picture of us all with his iThing.
When he disappears behind the stage it's about 15 minutes to start the Photos.

I started thinking: I have to make ammends for what I said about tweeting less often...

The truth is I've been on the Ben Daniels tweeting group more often because of The Exorcist TV series, which has finished broadcasting
last week. But I can't mention The Exorcist at all, because he may not like the series. I've tweeted so many things, that Ben Daniels is
following me! I've cooked a pizza, a symbolic pudding, Beelzebub, all alluding to this series. So I'm also starstruck with Ben Daniels...

But after seeing Jason in person, I only had eyes, ears, fandomness for him. Lucious Malfoy looked at me from the autographed photo,
with a sneering face. Portugal's Comic Con motto was written there, Be Whatever You Want To Be! Butterflies on my stomach indicated
that I was yearning to be in a photo with my dear idol, Jason Isaacs!

And I break my story here, PhotoBooth will be short, but the Meet and Greet will be meatier (and secret...)

thunder

Post by thunder » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:27 am

How lovely to wake up to this...

Thanks for sharing again, Tosca. :D

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:25 am

Can't wait for "episode 4." :wheee

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:49 pm

Tosca, are you going to finish your story?...please....

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:33 am

Talk about leaving us hanging........ ;-)

Tosca Nini

Post by Tosca Nini » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:11 am

I will, promise.

Got back from a mad General Assembly for a project in Viena and had deadlines every second.
And we're negotiation another EU project where I'm work package leader, don't recommend this to anyone...
I was doing budget calculations before boarding my return flight, sachertorte in hand, looking desperatly for a plug
for my notebook. Had to continue on the plane even seconds before take off!

But I'm aching to finish my story.
My sleeping patterns are all upside down. Plus when I plan to write here, somone sends me a work deadline mail.
I have about 6 to answer at the moment. I wish they could stop!

But I tweet, in between deadlines...

Sorry for leaving you all hanging! Wasn't my intention...

I guess I left at the pre-photo event.
Hopefully tonight I can write about that and then the Meet and Greet will be in the reserved section... :ninja

thunder

Post by thunder » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:34 am

Patience is a virtue...

Good luck with finishing work too, Tosca. :D

Marie

Post by Marie » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:02 am

It just sucks when work gets in the way of our loves!
;-)

Tosca Nini

Post by Tosca Nini » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:20 pm

Gotta do it now, before someone throws some work request on me...

The Photobooth
People were entering and exiting the photo booth rather quickly, some improvised plastic compartments and a long corridor
that was used as an escape route for everyone with a black curtain at the end.
Everybody was sporting a smile after the photo with Himself. I fanned myself with Lucius' photo. "It's almost time", I thought...

Suddenly my turn arrived. Heart jumped! I was marched towards the entrance of the middle booth and Jason was inside plus a
photographer and his lady translator. I immediately managed to make a mess of taking off my coat and backpack. The lady translator
said " just leave it on the floor" and smiled encouragingly. I apologised for being a messy girl.

Finally I stepped towards Jason, he was wearing his blue shirt, jeans, eyes and a had natural smile. I said something like "it's me..."
He then gave me a small hug and I remember putting my right hand on his back, which was soft and firm. My eyes were at the level
of his upper chest (I'm 4 foot 10 1/2 inches - 1,48 meters). Couldn't see his faced, obviously. I have to live with the fact that I usually
only see the lower half or 2 thirds of the others. It's always like that on the street...
He had no smell. Only emanated some luminosity (like The OA...). Then, as he turned me for us to face the photographer I confessed to him:
"I'm completely starstruck, I'm sorry..." He put his arm around my waist and we looked at the camera.
"Smile!" said photo man. Several click, clicks and flashes happened and I tried different expressions, thinking that
"poor photographer is going to have a hell of a time to get a decent photo out of me, my face is too mobile and
normally I grimace when I shouldn't".

In a few seconds all was over. But I got a bigger hug after the photo! I managed to grab more of his back than before and told
him I would be back for the Meet & Greet. "Ok" he said "see you later!"

And there I went all happy, exiting the PhotoBooth, so quickly that I forgot to ask when and where could I get the photo!

Better submit now before all text disappears...

Tosca Nini

Post by Tosca Nini » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:57 pm

Pre-Meet and Greet:

After 2 hugs (!!!) by Jason, I was floating! I went for a look at the stands, mad to buy some Harry Potter memorabilia.
I had previously bought in a hurry 4 crachats, one for each Hogwarts house, and I managed to wear them for the Jason Photo.
But it wasn't enough. Had to get something from Hufflepuff and Gryffindor, no way I could leave that place without a token garment
from each house.
After all, I'm a proud Hufflepuff, officially sorted by Pottermore, and I love the Gryffindor colours.
Alas, almost all memorabilia was gone by this time (about 17:00) and I only managed to get a Hufflepuff beannie.
The Gryffindor scarf I was planning to buy was unfoundable, except on several necks that I could spot enviously.
"Well, perhaps tomorrow" I hoped...
Then I thought: "How ungratefull I am, didn't even occur to me to buy a Slytherin object, something green!"
But, the serpent... I don't like serpents... If there had been anything with Lucius on it, a T-shirt or anything else...
There was nothing. Pity!
The fact was, there weren't many Slytherins around and almost no Ravenclaws at all. The vast majority of people
assuming their affiliation were Gryffindors and Hufflepuffs, more or less in the same number. I wondered if in other
countries it's the same percentage as here in Portugal.

I wandered back to the PhotoBooth, which was to double as the Meet & Greet place. There were many people there waiting for
something... which happened to be the arrival of the photos with Jason. I sat on the floor opposite the Booth and was
almost trampled on by one of the processions with a giant from Game of Thrones, a Newt Scamander, Pikachus aplenty, Frozen
princesses, Obi-Wan-Kenobi, Stormtroopers, assorted monsters, legendary Celtic ladys, Spiderman, but they were all very courteous
and deviated their way with a smile.

Photos arrived, voracious movements were seen at the Photo Booth. I managed to get my rather heavy bum up from the floor and
get to the eye of the photo storm. A staff girl giggled at me and looked for my photo. "Here it is" she said. "Good heavens" I thought.
As I looked at the photo I giggled back at her: a grinning Jason had pointed his finger at me! I hadn't noticed it and had one of my millions of
different weird smiles. Both were happy smiles, we were properly immortalised as idol and fangirl! And I noticed I was taller than his shoulder!
That I wasn't expecting! So I didn't look like an oddity, but it was a funny couple! And Himself was looking so charming and blue.

My decision was to stay right where I was to see how many of us were for the Meet and Greet, which was to happen in 15min. Jason+me photo joined
Lucius's between my hands and bosom. There was a staff guy looking for the Jason Meet and Greeters. There were only 2. A girl had arrived
before me, she had a strange hairdo, with braided round hair on her ears. She looked flushed and expectant, talking to one of the staff girls.
Suddenly we were completely run over by a guy escaping from a group of eager teenagers who wanted to talk to him brandishing books and iphones.
Down the dark corridor went the escaping guy and I asked one of the pubescent boys pushing me who was that man. Ian "Something" he said.
Who?, I asked having never heard nor seen him before. Ian "Something" from YouTube said the staff girl. "Ahhh, right", I said faking knowledge
of the guy. "But he won't be back" the girl said 3 times to the sweet boys! Ohhhs were heard from them and they dispersed in a civilized way.

Loud shouts were heard on the autographs stage just next to us. It was Cobbie Smoulders waving exhuberantly to her fans. She was later elected
as the nicest, dearest guest of that Comic Con. Together with Jason, actually.

Meanwhile the staff guy on the Meet and Greet indicated that Princess Leia (!) was to meet Jason first, then it would be me. Rules: It's about
5 minutes for each of us and Jason would chose the topic of the conversation, more or less. He asked if we had met him before. I said I belonged
to a Jason Isaacs fan group and had seen almost all his films. "OK, so you know what to talk about with him". And then he (the staff guy) started talking
about his former English teacher in Porto when he was younger, Joanne Rowling...

I'll write about it in another part of this Forum, not today, but during the weekend. :D

thunder

Post by thunder » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:39 pm

Thanks for sharing, Tosca. :D

Marie

Post by Marie » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:58 am

Awesome - can't wait to hear more!

Return to “Conventions”