A Celebration of Harry Potter Universal Orlando Resort

Comic-Con et al.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Re: A Celebration of Harry Potter Universal Orlando Resort

Post by Chari910 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:07 pm

Marie and I went to lunch at Emeril's in CityWalk and then we got into the meet and greet session. They put us beside Jason's station so we got to watch his interactions with various fans.
They had people lined up to stop at Jason first. He signed their stuff and then took a photo with them. He was so nice and took time with each fan. Some of the girls were shaking in delight and he was always so kind. I could have stood there forever since I love, love to watch this.

Then we had a few minutes to chat since they were all late for the next interview session.
They should have put Jason last since he took the most time with fans and kind of holding up the line. LOL
Jason took selfies with us then we had a chance for quick photos with Matthew, Warwick and Tom. They were all super nice even though so so tired from a long session. Warwick was teasing us that he 'saw you gals over there flirting with Jason Isaacs' hahah

We didn't attend the Closing ceremony since I had to go see the grandkids.
More pictures to come. Can't upload them right now.

Check out the twitter feed under @jasonsfolly. He has gained new fans by the hundreds if not thousands. People were so touched by his intelligent and witty answers and his compassion regarding humanity. They said he was the best thing there and I totally agreed. Very few got annoyed and his answers to them were hilarious.

Jason and Co. had a very busy 3 days getting whisked from one event to the next by a very tight schedule. I really hope it doesn't stop him from coming back again next year.
We are so grateful for his kindness shown to us Lost Girls and can't help but loving him even more, if that is possible.

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:08 pm

Conversation re: the Dragon Challenge
Jason: Come on, let's go
Me: no, thanks.. shaking my head
Jason: Why?
Me: I'll throw up on you
Jason: That would make a good story!
( This was from a man who Loves good story. Guess he'll do anything for one!!)
:-( :oops:

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:13 am

Marie had the guts to go and she got to ride in the front row of the Horntail with Jason and Tom.
She did get very dizzy afterwards!! But said it was worth it.
Char is being very kind, very very kind. The ride was an absolute blast - very fun but loads of corkscrew and upside down turns. I got so dizzy I barely made it down the back entrance (where the VIPs get whisked away), slowly made it to a seat (all the while saying don't pass out - don't pass out!) Sat down - then laid down - vaguely remember hearing Jason saying is Marie OK? but he had to be whisked to his next event. Jason was not fazed a bit by the ride. I'm glad Jason was whisked away before I laid down in the grass - just getting to the grass left me dry heaving (was enormously glad Jase did not see that - however his WB handler did!) I was mean to everyone "Go away" was all I could mumble since every time someone spoke it felt like a drum beating in my head. WB Handler (Katie I think) called for Universal Medical and the nice young man made me sit up under threat of an ambulance taking me to the hospital - more movement and more dry heaves! By that time I was soaked in sweat (even though it was quite chilly outside) - a van took me to the Universal health area (kind of a holding area for poor sods like me!) Then I proceeded to tell them all to go away again (I would have even told Jason to go away - that's how bad I felt.) Char was so kind - giving me arm pats, getting little sips of water for me and giving the Med Tech all the information she could. After quite a bit of time I was able to sit up and then finally stand up with help, and the nice Universal folks gave us a ride to the Hotel, I just wanted to lie down so Char went back out to get a bite to eat and go to the Reception. Unfortunately by the time she got there it was done. I'm very sad we missed that but doubly sad that Char missed it.

Anyway - fast forward to Sunday and I felt much better - was able to walk around the whole day and felt fine (if not still a tiny bit woozy!)

Was it worth it all to ride the Dragon Challenge with Jason Isaacs and Tom Felton ---- Absofreekinglootly!! And in the end I did not vomit (dry heaves don't count if nothing comes up!) :D

I had a blast!!!!

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:38 am

The health service guy name was Jason as well. So Marie was rescued by another Jason, LOL
He was very sweet and told us this kind of thing was everyday occurrence. He surprised me by saying the most common cases were from the Forbidden Journey, not the Dragon Challenge or the Hulk, which was the scariest one in the parks.

There wasn't any other treatment other than resting in horizontal position until your body recovers.

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:53 am

That was dramatic. Glad you recovered, Marie.
What a VIP treatment you got. Thank you so much for sharing the story and photos :D

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:12 pm

Oh, man!!!!! Would that have been so much better than packing and moving? I'm so JEALOUS of and HAPPY for you both. There's nothing like VIP treatment. You two were certainly treated so well. And sitting with them (HIM) on the rides. I can only dream.

Marie, I feel for you. I hate dizzying rollercoasters, so I probably would have had the same reaction as you. We would have dry-heaved together, Roomie.

Strange to see scarves on everyone in Orlando. Must've been unseasonable. Thank you for sharing your encounter with us.

Marie

Post by Marie » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:33 pm

It was unbelievably cold. Funny thing was normally the poor kids all dressed up as Hogsworth students sweat like mad in their robes and scarves. Not this weekend - everyone froze their butts off. I complain when it is colder than 65 F - it was much colder.

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:31 am

Several live videos on HPMovie FB page
https://www.facebook.com/harrypottermov ... 847534313/

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Post by thunder » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:15 am

Loved the hot sauce reaction. Thanks for sharing, Char. :D

Tosca Nini

Post by Tosca Nini » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:47 am

Thanks so much Char and Marie for your description. Must have been amazing! Apart from the Rollercoaster... I wouldn't have gone on that ride, no way :spew2
But Marie was really brave!

Loved the photos, specially the one on the Hogwarts train.
And he looks so sprightly! :D

Marie

Post by Marie » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:20 am

Sometimes he looks a bit tired - but he looked good this trip - very relaxed! Even though he did stay up very very late watching the tennis finals in Australia! He is a tennis fanatic!

Chari910
Multimedia Maven

Post by Chari910 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:54 pm

At the meet and greet he told me to photoshop his pictures since he only got 2 hrs sleep.
That evening he went to his room right after the closing event. He said was in a 'virtual coma'
And ' unlikely to be vertical again until he leaves the next day'.
Got to love a man who is so articulate. ::rofl

Marie

Post by Marie » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:15 pm

I have no clue how he does it!

Return to “Conventions”