SPOILER ALERT: Lost Girls disussions of episodes . . .

Good Sam is a new series for CBS, about a young top surgeon who ends up as her dad's supervisor after he comes out of a coma. Jason Isaacs plays the arrogant dad and former top surgeon.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Re: SPOILER ALERT: Lost Girls disussions of episodes . . .

Post by thunder » Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:24 am

Marie wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:16 pm
I honestly don’t think Caleb wants to leave - he was just waiting for some glimmer of hope that he and Sam could have a relationship. But she was not about to give him that.
Sam just used his feelings for her to exploit him for sex, even after he had told her he had feelings for her. But apparently I'm supposed to root for this woman. :roll:

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:07 pm

I just gotta say . . . a woman has a fast-growing tumor in her heart . . . and Sam goes off for a game of bowling . . . something she's hopeless at. Come on!!!! :roll:

At least Griff is doing the simulation in hopes of helping the woman.

Got that off my chest.
:soap

Marie
I dig animals--sometimes hundreds of feet down

Post by Marie » Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:32 pm

Yea - I’m thinking perhaps the writers are not portraying Sam as a sympathetic character. If they are trying to make her a likable character they have a strange way of scripting it! The Griffs’ get the award for the biggest users and abusers.

Hot Wheels

Post by Hot Wheels » Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:27 am

Helen8 wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:07 pm
I just gotta say . . . a woman has a fast-growing tumor in her heart . . . and Sam goes off for a game of bowling . . . something she's hopeless at. Come on!!!! :roll:

:soap
Actually, Sam was headed for a “dip” (probably in an ice-water-filled whirlpool again), to clear her head, when Malcom re-directed her with the bowling, knowing that the activity would help her see certain things more clearly (including finding a way to deal with the tumor, her father, and—indirectly—Caleb).

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:27 pm

re-directed her with the bowling, knowing that the activity would help her see certain things more clearly (including finding a way to deal with the tumor, her father, and—indirectly—Caleb).

Um. When I first learned to bowl, those gutter balls did nothing but make me angry . . . it certainly did not make me see things more clearly. :bat
Had it been anybody but my future husband (who I was trying to impress), I'd have walked away after the fifth gutter ball and never looked back.
But. That's me. :cool:

I'm inclined to agree with Marie's comment about how they're portraying Sam.

thunder

Post by thunder » Tue May 03, 2022 1:32 pm

Hot Wheels

Post by Hot Wheels » Tue May 03, 2022 1:59 pm

thunder wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 1:32 pm
Two sneak peeks for episode 13:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcaVpcq7g_0 (With Jason)
It’ll be interesting to know whether Vivian already knew that Sam beat out Griff!
I still don’t trust Kace or Vega as far as I could throw them!
Last edited by Hot Wheels on Wed May 04, 2022 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hot Wheels

Post by Hot Wheels » Tue May 03, 2022 2:13 pm

Helen8 wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:27 pm
re-directed her with the bowling, knowing that the activity would help her see certain things more clearly (including finding a way to deal with the tumor, her father, and—indirectly—Caleb).

Um. When I first learned to bowl, those gutter balls did nothing but make me angry . . . it certainly did not make me see things more clearly. :bat
On further reflection, I think what actually helped Sam most was Malcolm’s “don’t be the pin…be the ball” analogy, because it made Sam realize she was being RE-active (OK…I’ll admit it…again!), by letting things happen, instead of being PRO-active, by making things happen.
Had it been anybody but my future husband (who I was trying to impress), I'd have walked away after the fifth gutter ball and never looked back.
But. That's me. :cool:
Trust me, I threw far more gutter balls than strikes in my days as a bowler…. 🎳
I'm inclined to agree with Marie's comment about how they're portraying Sam.
See my first comment….

Anniemouse

Post by Anniemouse » Tue May 03, 2022 5:35 pm

Thank you for the clips, much appreciated.

Hot Wheels

Post by Hot Wheels » Tue May 03, 2022 6:37 pm

This is supposed to be a synopsis of To Whom It May Concern, and—if accurate—CONTAINS ***MAJOR*** Spoilers!!

https://alexusrenee.com/good-sam-season ... -13-recap/

We’ll know soon how much of this comes to pass….

thunder

Post by thunder » Wed May 04, 2022 12:06 pm

Thanks for posting, and the spoiler warning, Hot Wheels. I won't read it until after I have seen the episode.

Hot Wheels

Post by Hot Wheels » Wed May 04, 2022 10:06 pm

Hot Wheels wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 6:37 pm
This is supposed to be a synopsis of To Whom It May Concern, and—if accurate—CONTAINS ***MAJOR*** Spoilers!!

https://alexusrenee.com/good-sam-season ... -13-recap/

We’ll know soon how much of this comes to pass….

This “synopsis” was only partially correct…or was an attempt at “bait and switch”.
Last edited by Hot Wheels on Wed May 04, 2022 11:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hot Wheels

Post by Hot Wheels » Wed May 04, 2022 11:00 pm

Sam comes to work—before the official announcement by the Board—and finds dozens of magazine/journal covers touting her successful surgery, starting with her parking space…and dozens more covering walls, windows, etc.

She runs into Malcolm, who assures Sam she’s the new Chief (which is met with modesty). Sam gets a page to the ER, where a patient—10 days post-surgery (at another hospital, although he was at Lakeshore for pain…but not admitted)— has had his stitches rupture, and a wire going into his heart. During emergency surgery, Griff speculates about who did the surgery. He and Sam then trade barbs about the way she stole his technique.

Sam tries to start rounds, but finds that Dr. Vega is calling for CT consults for every ER case.

Later in the ER, Lex tries to find out who dismissed the heart patient; the time of dismissal implicates it was Kace, but he doesn’t want to rile Vega. Vega brings in a detached right ear, which Kace snaps up. The surgeon reattaching it: CMO (interim) and Chief of Plastic Surgery, Dr. Glass.

Despite not having a Letter of Recommendation from Sam (who’s been busy), Caleb has been offered—and initially accepted (more on that shortly)—the position in Boston. He begins packing his things, a little at a time.

Needing more CT residents, Sam tries to find funds, and eventually turns back to Helen, Griff’s big donor in Attachments. Sam an Griff make a “deal”, whereby Sam gets a portion of the profits from the sale. (I’ll have to revisit the ep, to clarify Griff’s role in this).

Sam is in the ER, talking with Lex, when her phone rings. Sam is ready to dismiss the call, since it’s only Caleb; however, Lex encourages her to pick it up…and it’s the news she’s the new Chief!!!

Isan returns to work—he’s “out of personal days”—still with a bone to pick with Joey. Isan’s willing to call a truce, in return for Joey’s next “cool” surgery. Joey accepts…then is tabbed by Rhonda to assist in the ear reconstruction. Isan is not happy about that!

When Isan hears Tim and Joey discussing their time in Vermont—with incriminations against Joey—Isan investigates; he later confronts Joey (although—in true cliffhanger tradition—we don’t get details).

The tension between Joey & Tim increases, as Tim begs for forgiveness.

Sam finally writes the Letter of Recommendation for Caleb, but Lex proclaims it to be a “love letter”. She sticks in Caleb’s locker; he reads it, as he’s clearing out the rest of his stuff.

Sam tries to reset her life with Caleb, asking him out on a first date. As Caleb nears Sam’s office, he runs into Caleb…who seems ready to rekindle what he and Sam had.

~~~~~

It comes to the Board’s attention that Lakeshore’s new CMO is still a practicing surgeon, who apparently doesn’t have time for her administrative duties, so the Board replaces her…with Griff….

Anniemouse

Post by Anniemouse » Thu May 05, 2022 5:01 am

That sounds a lot for one episode. Is the show getting better?. :hug

Hot Wheels

Post by Hot Wheels » Thu May 05, 2022 6:59 am

Anniemouse wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 5:01 am
That sounds a lot for one episode.
I’m sure I skipped a lot, too.
Is the show getting better?. :hug
Well, it definitely got weird last night! We’ll just have to wait and see if CBS gives its only medical drama another season….

BTW, the episode dropped onto Paramount+ overnight. Fasten your seatbelts!

Return to “Good Sam”