The Project

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Anniemouse

The Project

Post by Anniemouse » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:33 pm

I am asking which project would you have liked to have had a ringside seat to. I would have loved to have watched Jason in the Angels of America run back in the day. Did anybody actually see it at the time?

thunder
With her wheelbarrow full of surprises!

Re: The Project

Post by thunder » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:27 pm

I dream of a hidden recording of Angels in America suddenly get posted somewhere....

Don't know what project, any one would have been great. :D

servalan

Post by servalan » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:06 am

I did see him on stage in Pinter's The Dumb Waiter with Lee Evans (a two-man play). It's not my favourite thing he did, but it was great to see him live, and both men gave excellent performances. I have since read that the film In Bruges was based on the storyline in the play.

The thing I would most love to have seen was Lucius in Durham Cathedral cloisters - I lived in Durham for a while and know exactly where those scenes were filmed (Dobby making his ex master fall hard on his lovely behind). It would combine my favourite Jason character with one of my favourite places.

Anniemouse

Post by Anniemouse » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:52 am

That is another great one. Oh I can only imagine how wonderful it is to hear Jason's voice in person from the stage. :woot

Antoni Bandzior

Post by Antoni Bandzior » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:33 pm

I've seen him playing in "Everything I ever wanted" live on stage (different role that in a movie version). And that was brilliant.

I'd love as well to be able to watch some old footage of Angels of America. Maybe some director or someone has it in their vault... nuke.gif

But really, I'd take anything live on stage, espacially some comedic-drama thing that would be able to show this man's range.

Return to “General Forum”