ART SURVEY TO MARRIAGE SURVEY

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Malfoy Grandma

ART SURVEY TO MARRIAGE SURVEY

Post by Malfoy Grandma » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:39 am

:oops: Art has degenerated into love! Not a bad way to go, I guess, but I see the trend, so here goes:
How does a marriage work:
1.don't be too crabby--be grateful for what works
2.don't be too critical--be respectful of other ways
3.don't be controlling--share wisdom, share love.
WOW! I think I got that list from checking our art survey! But I am not sure! At any rate, am far into that story I have been working on using the art survey, and am now finding that the three 'c's' above seem to be natural things go along with our tastes. Oh, boy, aren't we intellectual. I have that same feeling a cat seems to have with a hairball! excuse me! aaa.gif aaa.gif

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:40 pm

That's beautiful, MG, and good advice. Not just for married couples, but for all our interpersonal relationships. Think how much better the world would be if we all followed these three simple rules.

Sarah

Post by Sarah » Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:37 am

Interesting connection.

Its funny, yesterday in our surgical ill critique we had a group of gentlemen that kept referring to certain areas as "sexy"...like, "that is just a dead sexy line there"...

ok...whatever...

Maybe to expand on your list...perhaps a bit more generally...
-constructive criticism is sometimes painful, but is the only way we learn about how we are percieved.
-Run with the happy accidents! Just because it was an accident doesn't mean you don't deserve to reap the positive rewards. Sometimes its not a matter of feeling like you deserve it.
-When it comes to taking advice and deciding what to implement and not to implement, it is always your choice. You know the status quo better than anyone else.
-There is always more work/dimensionality inside what you think you see upon first glance.

Return to “General Forum”