SCI FI talks to Jason about Harry Potter

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Gillian
Site Admin

SCI FI talks to Jason about Harry Potter

Post by Gillian » Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:13 pm

From SciFi Wire...

Potter V Has More Issacs

Jason Isaacs, who plays Lucius Malfoy in the Harry Potter film franchise, told SCI FI Wire that he'll have a lot more to do in the upcoming fifth film, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, including (spoiler!) a wand-to-wand fight with Sirius Black (Gary Oldman). "I had virtually nothing to do in number four," Isaacs said in an interview at the Television Critics Association winter press tour in Pasadena, Calif., where he was promoting his upcoming BBC America miniseries The State Within. "In fact, when there's nothing to do like that, and they say, 'Do you want to come in for a couple of weeks?' You go, 'Well, I'm busy. Oh, God. All right.' Because the thought that somebody else might wear my wig is just too painful. But I have a little bit more to do in this."

Isaacs' character is the sinister father of Harry Potter's rival at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Draco Malfoy. In the fifth book, the elder Malfoy is revealed as a Death Eater, one of the followers of the evil Lord Voldemort.

Isaacs said that the fifth film will include a harrowing showdown between his character and Harry's godfather, Sirius Black. "I get to have a wand battle with Gary Oldman, possibly my favorite actor in the universe," Isaacs said. "We get to play around like two 10 year olds. And with kind of unlimited sci-fi imagination. It's fun. We just go, 'Well, how about if I ... .' And anything you finish that sentence with, they go, 'Yeah, OK. You can do that.' So it was magnificent."

The character does not appear in the sixth book, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, but Isaacs said he recently had an opportunity to meet author J.K. Rowling and appealed to her to include him in the seventh and final book, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, due this year, possibly July. "I fell to my knees and begged," he joked. "It didn't do any good. I'm sure she doesn't need plot ideas from me. But I made my point. We'll see. Like everybody else, I'm holding my breath to July to see what's in there. I just want to bust out of prison, that's all. I don't want to stay in Azkaban most of my life." Order of the Phoenix opens July 13. —Cindy White

Hey Hil, can I call 'em or what!? :D

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:51 pm

She got the eye--the eye and the intuition!!!

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:24 pm

can you imagine the frequent flyer miles Mr Jason has? Bless him...
back in the US to promote TSW...in CA, too...
Kim

Return to “General Forum”