Another nice interview--

Home to off-topic discussions or Jason news that doesn't fit into any other category.

Moderators: thunder, fruitbat, Chari910, Marie, Helen8, Gillian, kjshd05, catloveyes

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Another nice interview--

Post by Hilary the Touched » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:34 pm

Gillian
Site Admin

Post by Gillian » Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:44 pm

What a great interview! Thanks guys! Too bad Angels kind of spoiled him theater wise, but we'll take what we can get. I'm glad he chose to do "Dumb Waiter", because I've always felt there's no replacement for performing live. Too often actors will look back on a part and think "I wish I could've done that different" whereas there's always immediate feedback with an audience.

I was a little surprised by the comment he might not be taking the kids (to Rhode Island). Also that he'd be gone for six months. That would put the end of filming in September/October, and would totally screw with a summer release. Plus it's s a hell of a long time to be away from your family.

Also, did anyone get the feeling he was talking about MAM? Could there still be hope?

P.S.: Jason ... my winter kicks your winter's ass.

kjshd05
Data Miner, east coast division

Post by kjshd05 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:56 pm

I thought he was talking about MAM, too. Also, the fact that he will have to leave his kids behind is a terrible thought. Hopefully things will work out. It's difficult to be away when your children are small, you miss so much when they are growing up..That's a burden I would not wish on anyone. He also makes reference to if he had to choose, he would choose his kids and not his career...Absolutely the way it should be..
Sigh...

Hilary the Touched
Site Registrant

Post by Hilary the Touched » Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:26 pm

I understand that it's difficult to uproot children who are about to enter school, and I can sympathise with his probable desire to provide continuity and predictability in their lives--but Lily's FOUR. Whatever trauma she'll endure as a result of being taught that the terminal letter in the alphabet is called zee and not zed pales to a mere schmeer nada compared to living without your dad for what constitutes 10% of your life. :-(

Get a tutor.
Or find a British school--we've got 'em down here, because there are so many diplomats/military attaches etc., and their children need to be able to keep up with UK curriculum. Heck, he could park the family here and come down on weekends--take Amtrak. Hell of a lot easier on the skin, not to mention the ozone layer, than flying back to the UK.

See, I got it all sorted out for him.

Helen8
Pillar of the Community

Post by Helen8 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:02 pm

fantastic, insightful interview. Thanks to KJ for finding it and to Hilary for sharing it mit uns.